Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Crossplay multiplayer is now stated in description

OP DessIntress

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I don't know if it was stated for the whole time or if it came with the preload, but crossplay multiplayer is now stated in the hw2 store description.
Maybe they just mean the coop mode, because it's also a part of multiplayer, but also this could open the gate to more future crossplay events (at least test events like in gow4 which has crossplay now as standard for social versus.... or they add a simple yes/no-button as in killer instinct...)

btw: They have never said 'no' to crossplay. They said (June/July16), that they have higher priorities and that they couldn't add it for the launch because their main point is xbox's play anywhere. And they have already said, that they want to add crossplay to future halo games, so this could be really a test.

and hey...
I don't want another thread getting filled with stereotypes and prejudices about the evil crossplay. So please talk about the topic or stop. The topic is: Crossplay is stated in description. Have you seen it and what do you think is the useage of it.
What's to discuss if we can't discuss the potential shortfalls or merits involving crossplay?
"I don't want another thread getting filled with stereotypes and prejudices about the evil crossplay. So please talk about the topic or stop. The topic is: Crossplay is stated in description. Have you seen it and what do you think is the useage of it."

It could be easy to talk about a topic without using stereotypes, prejudices - or in your words "potential shortfalls or merits".
There is really no need to talk about "potential shortfalls or merits" in this thread.

I made a good example:
"Maybe they just mean the coop mode, because it's also a part of multiplayer....."
One could say,"hey it is stated the whole time" or "yep, seems really to be new.... i wonder blahblablah........."
Others have maybe a link to the news about it and so on and on.
It's not always mimimi
Ah, I see.

Well, it had already listed cross-play as a feature on the Microsoft store before. A quick search didn't instantly yield me that thread discussing this, but it was around a while back (the thread).

So long as cross-play were to be/is for custom matches or co-op campaign, I'd be 100% on board with it.
What would concern me most is why would I be paying for XBL if PC has access to all the same services for free.
that would be awesome. So I could join my friends game nights on my surface book when I am away on business trips! At home I can easily relax on the couch and play with the controller. Is this confirmed?
What would concern me most is why would I be paying for XBL if PC has access to all the same services for free.
Lol I didn't think about that... That f***** true! Dammed... Thats so true... And a little bit confusing
Not at least 'games with gold'
Based on the newsletter you get each month games with a value of around $60 while you pay monthly 6€ or 9€. (this month: Outlast, Word of Van Helsing, Killer Instinct S2, The Cave and Rayman.)
And there are many other features with xbox live gold. we pc players get nothing and we pay "nothing".

The other side is
We pc users can get game keys for 20-40€ instead of 69,99€ or the other console & launch prices. BUT the games with crossplay are only selled via windows store (because of xbl) and there are mostly no useful key offers at mmog...., go... and so on for pc.
So this means that we pc users have to pay around 40€ more than in the regular case with origin or steam keys.

ecample:
Resident Evil 7...It was offered a few weeks ago for 29€ as a preorder for steam... The windows store version costs 69.99... it has no crossplay or something like that but it's a xbl-game. via win store.

We don't pay monthly but we pay with each game a lot more than you compared to our regular prices. (And there are other reasons for the price difference on pc and console... for example the fact that our graphics card costs so much as your whole console)
Ouw... and we pc players get useless preorder bonuses for the xbox one verison, but we play on pc..... (gow1-judgement, halo5 skins, and so on and on)
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/825475033938087936

I'll trust Phil Spencer and the prior statements from the devs over the store description, RIP cross-play.
normally an engine doesn't matter, since it is only the way of connection. sure they would need add a lot of code but that's standard for implementing new features in a engine and framework.

they should enable it without any words about it... and then after a year: 'surprise suprise, it is already cross-play' :D
of course, one might even notice it when he meet friends, or something like that. but even that would probably take a few weeks before it becomes public. *daydreaming*
So have halo wars 2 cross multiplayer or not? A simple yes or no please
Can someone just tell us weather it has cross play or not lmfao every1 here is complaining about cross play but its not even confirmed xDDDDDDD
Phips85 wrote:
So have halo wars 2 cross multiplayer or not? A simple yes or no please
Can someone just tell us weather it has cross play or not lmfao every1 here is complaining about cross play but its not even confirmed xDDDDDDD
No, Halo Wars 2 will not support cross play
"As it was prophesied"
ok so why stand in the windows store description of the pc version that is cross multiplayer? Maybe with a steam version??
yep it's still stated and i bet it is coming... late, but in my opinion it will come. it's not stated for fun and it's also no direct trap. it's stated because there is still a possibility for it.
they could start for example firstly a few test events and campaign, then for 'quick match' and then as a optionally feature for everything... but slowly because you can already see the heavy stereotype reactions of some people.

at least after an late implementation of m&k support on xbox one. (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-could-still-get-keyboard-and-mouse-suppor/1100-6447380/)

btw:
a steam version is IMPOSSIBLE.... xbox live... other network and so on.... it's a play anywhere title and it requires xbox live.
btw:
a steam version is IMPOSSIBLE.... xbox live... other network and so on.... it's a play anywhere title and it requires xbox live.
What?

Look no further than this or this to see that cross-play could work with Steam as well.
Quote:
Rocket League developer Psyonix has been working on a tech solution to allow PS4 and Xbox One owners to play together for some months now.

"Right now," explained Dunham, "we're literally at the point where all we need is the go-ahead on the Sony side and we can, in less than a business day, turn it on and have it up and working no problem. It'd literally take a few hours to propagate throughout the whole world, so really we're just waiting on the permission to do so."
btw:
What?

Look no further than this or this to see that cross-play could work with Steam as well.
Quote:
Rocket League developer Psyonix has been working on a tech solution to allow PS4 and Xbox One owners to play together for some months now.

"Right now," explained Dunham, "we're literally at the point where all we need is the go-ahead on the Sony side and we can, in less than a business day, turn it on and have it up and working no problem. It'd literally take a few hours to propagate throughout the whole world, so really we're just waiting on the permission to do so."
sure.... rocket league is indeed the first project which has true crossplay between pc, xbox and ps4...

...but the thing is: i have talked about microsofts Play Anywhere programm.halo wars 2 is a part of it and it's also the official main priority for ca & 343.
this means that a xbox live account is important and required, but it's currently not allowed by steam to log into your ms account for achievements, the cloud for your savegames, parties, and all the other xbox live services. it's the same with as all the other networks, they aren't allowed and they don't want it in their own. (i don't talk about a inapp fb, reddit or twitter login and so on)

it's not at least the fact, that they want that people use the own network account (they want users because they are money).
they need for example also access to your "shopping list" or your game library, because they need to know which games are currently registrated on your ms account through a legal way.

there are some rumors since last year, that they want to change it through a deal with steam, but they are what they are.... rumors and perhaps just an fanboy fiction and that's why, it's atm impossible to get a steam version of hw2.
it's funny: some people hate my long texts because they hate comments like "books", but when i make it short, they don't understand it because they read something what i never wrote.
btw:
What?

Quote:

sure.... rocket league is indeed the first project which has true crossplay between pc, xbox and ps4...

...but the thing is......
You said it was "Impossible".

I countered with an example of just how possible it really is. Whether that's probable is another argument.
rocket league isn't a Play Anywhere title and it seems that you think still that we both talk about crossplay, otherwise your rocket league example would make no sense.
resident evil is for example a play anywhere tile, but it's by capcom and it has lost all play anywhere features on steam.
and as i have said above, it's a fact that play anywhere has for hw2 priority.

check these quotes from Dan Ayoub:
“Cross-play is something we’re excited about potentially down the line, and we’re looking at that for the franchise, but in the Halo Wars 2 timeframe, we’re focusing on Play Anywhere.”
“Cross-play is something we were looking at early on in development. We’ve been in development since 2014. But as we looked at our timing and our design decisions, we focused on some different things that basically became Xbox Play Anywhere.”

so why should they throw their game in the steam store? the game would lost their focused main point. do you really think, that they are so stupid? and they would lose playbase, money, already spended time, and they would need more future work for it. all that for a underrated niche game... and yep, they would get money trough steam users, but there are also illegally copies and key stores.
example for the price difference: re7 deluxe at winstore 94,99€, same game at a steam key shop 58,99€, previously 39,99€ in preorder. the next cost point is, that steam gets up to 30% of the steam store income, while the devs have probably a better deal with ms as a ms-company. and so on and on.
at the current state of things, they would lose more that they would win.

and now back to crossplay:
these quotes from Ayoub are also great examples for it, that they have never said 'no' to crossplay in general. it's not their main point but they are still interested in it after the more important points. this and the description is something what makes me hope for the future months.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2