Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

CSR adjustment

OP Michawkswet

I would like to see some CSR adjustments on the next patch. I feel like every time me and a friend win we only gain line 5-20 then when we lose we lose like 40-60. Anyone else notice this?
Yeah, grinding out 1 point a game only to lose 30 to a DC or some smurfs is great fun /sarc. Honestly the only changes that I think would be feasible/helpful at this point would be to lock ranked playlists until a certain level (to discourage smurfing) and treat DCs as a resign so as to remove the auto 30 CSR penalty. Also, if I DC and my TM pulls off the 1v2, help me out and give me the win still lol.
Yeah, grinding out 1 point a game only to lose 30 to a DC or some smurfs is great fun /sarc. Honestly the only changes that I think would be feasible/helpful at this point would be to lock ranked playlists until a certain level (to discourage smurfing) and treat DCs as a resign so as to remove the auto 30 CSR penalty. Also, if I DC and my TM pulls off the 1v2, help me out and give me the win still lol.
If you deserved the win, then maybe your internet would have given up on you. If your teammate stays behind and wins a 1v2, he should get double CSR.
THEWALL766 wrote:
If you deserved the win, then maybe your internet would have given up on you. If your teammate stays behind and wins a 1v2, he should get double CSR.
to but jokes aside, if someone plays a 20min game and your team takes out a player and is finishing them off only too have a ally get a dc would be unsatisfactory, especially for those whom clearly won, to get penalized. At least remove the double penalty for quitting or DC as everyone who cares about rank just self-destructs their base anyhow.
Yeah, grinding out 1 point a game only to lose 30 to a DC or some smurfs is great fun /sarc. Honestly the only changes that I think would be feasible/helpful at this point would be to lock ranked playlists until a certain level (to discourage smurfing) and treat DCs as a resign so as to remove the auto 30 CSR penalty. Also, if I DC and my TM pulls off the 1v2, help me out and give me the win still lol
its seriously the worst losing so much and gaining nothing
Some ranking improvements:
1) Cap the maximum loss to 25% or something like that. - If a player gets a massive rank penalty then its not the player's fault, it is the fault of the matchmaking system for putting that player up against much higher ranking players(or giving him a noob team mate)
2) If ranking system worked great, then rank would change very slowly in both directions.
E.g in a perfect match making, equal players would get matched and neither would gain much rank since they are already at their appropriate rank.
If a platinum 1 player loses to a platinum 1 player, then it should change the rank of both players just a little bit.
If a platinum player loses to a champion lv player, then he should not lose any rank( or close to 0) because he is not supposed to win
a player who outranks them.
If a platinum 1 player defeats gold level players - then it doesnt mean that he should become platinum 2( or get closer to platinum 2 ). He shouldn't gain much rank at all.
Like in sports - if you want to take someone's place, you should beat them. If you want to become the first - you need to beat the first ... instead of beating the last place 100 times.
3) if someone fails to connect/disconnects at first minute - cap the maximum rank loss to 5%
Making huge rank changes based on broken games is one of the reasons why the AI makes wrong adjustments and puts players in wrong ranks.
Its better to filter out such games completely.

4) Reduce rank loss if a team of random players loses to a premade team.
Premade teams have huge advantage.
If a team of 3 x random platinum 1 players loses to another team of 3 x premade platinum 1 players then it doesnt mean that they dont belong to platinum 1 rank( and should take big rank loss). Instead, the rank loss should be minimal.
I think if a teammate DCs or quits, that you did not queue with, in the first five minutes, there should be no penalty.

I don't see how that could be abused.
Zildjians wrote:
I think if a teammate DCs or quits, that you did not queue with, in the first five minutes, there should be no penalty.

Zildjians wrote:

5 min is way too long,

It can easily be abused. 1-2 minutes is enough.
many games end close to 5min mark - when good players rush.
As soon as you see the enemy anti-buildings approach your base...or are about to destroy it( when you have no defence ) you can just quit and the rest of the team will not take a penalty ( even though they were just as guilty of not building any defense and their enemy has defeated them fair and square. )
Raineeger wrote:
Zildjians wrote:

Zildjians wrote:

5 min is way too long,

It can easily be abused. 1-2 minutes is enough.
many games end close to 5min mark - when good players rush.
As soon as you see the enemy anti-buildings approach your base...or are about to destroy it( when you have no defence ) you can just quit and the rest of the team will not take a penalty ( even though they were just as guilty of not building any defense and their enemy has defeated them fair and square. )
Right, but if I didn't queue with them, odds are quite high I don't know them, so why would I care to quit to save their rank? Perhaps if I felt it was my fault the other teams rush was successful I might do that -- but in that case I don't mind that my teammates don't get penalized for my mistake.
Zildjians wrote:
Raineeger wrote:
Zildjians wrote:
Zildjians wrote:
Right, but if I didn't queue with them, odds are quite high I don't know them, so why would I care to quit to save their rank? Perhaps if I felt it was my fault the other teams rush was successful I might do that -- but in that case I don't mind that my teammates don't get penalized for my mistake.
People don't quit just to save someone's rank.
A lot of people rage quit as soon as they don't get what they want or about to lose.

Also, i play mostly at night, and there arent that many players online at that time, so i tend to get same team mates every now and then.
Lets win 5 in a row to gain 5 csr (1 each game) and then lose 1 and drop 30 csr. Good job 343