Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

CSR Ranked Matches (Dodging)

OP EJGPharmMD

Apparently someone feels revisiting an old topic that is still a relevant topic is a problem. So i will create a new topic. As i was previously stating, with the influx in players we are seeing bc of the crossplay platform, as well -Yoink- the inclusion in the xbox live gold pass, 343 has to do something about the matchmaking system. I won't play with new players simply bc I am not rewarded for a win with said players, and are heavily penalized when we lose. Players should not be able to even enter CSR ranked games until they reach rank 30 at the very least. Even the hours upon hours I put into HW1, the game mechanics are complicated, leaders are complicated. To be an asset to a team you have to have the game mechanics down to a science, leader powers down to a science, and unit mixes down to a science. Is this something 343 can implement?
EJGPharmMD wrote:
Apparently someone feels revisiting an old topic that is still a relevant topic is a problem. So i will create a new topic.
It's more of a forum rule rather than a problem. In future if you have any issues about things like this please PM a moderator, thanks
EJGPharmMD wrote:
Apparently someone feels revisiting an old topic that is still a relevant topic is a problem. So i will create a new topic. As i was previously stating, with the influx in players we are seeing bc of the crossplay platform, as well -Yoink- the inclusion in the xbox live gold pass, 343 has to do something about the matchmaking system. I won't play with new players simply bc I am not rewarded for a win with said players, and are heavily penalized when we lose. Players should not be able to even enter CSR ranked games until they reach rank 30 at the very least. Even the hours upon hours I put into HW1, the game mechanics are complicated, leaders are complicated. To be an asset to a team you have to have the game mechanics down to a science, leader powers down to a science, and unit mixes down to a science. Is this something 343 can implement?
Don’t play randoms
marmy080 wrote:
EJGPharmMD wrote:
Don’t play randoms
So further limit our gameplay only between the hours of 5pm-9pm when everyone is off work? I would think the HW community would be better with a different solution that that.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
EJGPharmMD wrote:
marmy080 wrote:
EJGPharmMD wrote:
Don’t play randoms
So further limit our gameplay only between the hours of 5pm-9pm when everyone is off work? I would think the HW community would be better with a different solution that that.
I’m from the UK and can find matches any time of day, I’m never on 5-9 US time.
Don't play with randoms, lol. It's that simple.

If you're playing with randoms, you're rolling the dice every time you queue up into a match. They could have just got the game, or could be a seasoned veteran. This is the risk you're taking when you solo queue.

There really isn't anything that could be done about this. I would like to see players not able to play ranked until they've reached a certain level (for boosting reasons), but that would do nothing to help you. Everyone learns at a different rate and everyone plays differently. A level 30 could be better than a level 90, or vice versa. Putting a rank requirement on ranked would help remedy the boosting issue, be wouldn't help you whatsoever.

You're always going get poor teammates sometimes when you solo queue, ragardless of what restrictions you put in place.
Personally I wouldn't mind a level cap to play ranked, but I don't think it is possible in this stage of development.

My best advice would to be to find a team to play eith, there's often people looking for a team that you could join.
Don't play with randoms, lol. It's that simple.

If you're playing with randoms, you're rolling the dice every time you queue up into a match. They could have just got the game, or could be a seasoned veteran. This is the risk you're taking when you solo queue.

There really isn't anything that could be done about this. I would like to see players not able to play ranked until they've reached a certain level (for boosting reasons), but that would do nothing to help you. Everyone learns at a different rate and everyone plays differently. A level 30 could be better than a level 90, or vice versa. Putting a rank requirement on ranked would help remedy the boosting issue, be wouldn't help you whatsoever.

You're always going get poor teammates sometimes when you solo queue, ragardless of what restrictions you put in place.
Again, I dont expect there to be a perfect solution. But many of the players currently playing ranked CSR matches do not fall under the category of "every learning at a different rate". They fall into the, "i just bought the game and have absolutely no idea of what I am doing. I do not know the units, I do not know the unit counters, I do not know the mechanics of the game, And I do not understand the flow from early game strategy to end game strategy." Those are the players that need to be wiped out of the ques in ranked matches. Team war all day long, but in a game where at absolute worst, you are relying on a partner 33.3% of the time, matchmaking with players who fall into that category is almost certainly a loss. And a heavy loss in terms of CSR placement. No, "rank" does not tell the full story, but rank does at least guarantee that the player is familiar enough with the game to understand basic principles and basic strategy...not "i'll have a condor in 17 minutes...just protect me until then". Don't even get me started on the lack of microphones in said playlists either...And im not saying I cant "find matches" i m simply pointing out that in reference to "dont play with randoms" often times that eliminates windows throughout the day because for the most part teams in certain regions are offline for most of the day.