With so many people howling for [leader name here] to be nerfed. I was wondering what kind of buffs Cap could get that would make him a more appealing choice.
I wish the ODSTs did a bit more late game :(
I always had a hard time learning Caps stuff
Any tips to run Cutter better?
Maybe make his close air support better.
I'd like Jerome to either get a small buff or be replaced with something else. Maybe that ODST team from Operation Spearbreaker? Seeing as Cutter was always known as the ODST drop of terror in the original game, makes more sense and I think Jerome would be better being given to Isabel instead of having Douglas (not sure where we'd put poor Douglas though, unless he was just made his own leader.)

Just my opinion, but at the very least a buff would be nice. Cutter can be quite boring to play.
Captain cutter is probably the only balanced leader tho I’d say close air support needs a price decrease, ODST, need to be able to destroy one pad with their explosives, and cyclops need a buff
I agree with TBE Reek, other then the cost reduction on close air support (and I would also extend that cost reduction to the ODST drop), I think his kit is good. His issues stem more from the UNSC faction as a whole rather then his leader kit.
Pavium has a 600/600 ultimate similar to close air support that lasts way longer, spawns units, and ultimately does more damage, so why does Cutter's close air support cost 1500? At most it should cost is 1200.
TBE Reek wrote:
Captain cutter is probably the only balanced leader tho I’d say close air support needs a price decrease, ODST, need to be able to destroy one pad with their explosives, and cyclops need a buff
If ODSTs could destroy a pad with their explosives then you'd be able to drop the odsts via JR scout, and chuck the charges between their generator and another building and watch as both just melt. So no, their bombs don't need to do more, though I do think maybe making them affected by CT would be a good way to make them relevant for longer. (And not be used purely for suicide bombing runs)
I agree with TBE Reek, other then the cost reduction on close air support (and I would also extend that cost reduction to the ODST drop), I think his kit is good. His issues stem more from the UNSC faction as a whole rather then his leader kit.
CAS can get shot down before it even starts firing, no other leader power minus the Lich can be negated by a dozen or so Reavers and gets totally countered by cloaking. And the Lich only costs 600/600 to deploy, AND you get the unit spawning portal.
At the current cost of CAS for how little it does, it sucks. Either the Pelicans need to not take damage until they open fire, or have a massive increase to health.
Also they get negated if someone just spam builds Watchtowers around their base, if there's some way to make Pelicans not give priority to Watchtowers over units/buildings that'd be fantastic.

If ODST drops were cheaper they'd be broken, despite the low dps of the squad, their det charges make up for it well enough. (But seriously, they could do with getting upgraded from CT)
TBE Reek wrote:
Captain cutter is probably the only balanced leader tho I’d say close air support needs a price decrease, ODST, need to be able to destroy one pad with their explosives, and cyclops need a buff
If ODSTs could destroy a pad with their explosives then you'd be able to drop the odsts via JR scout, and chuck the charges between their generator and another building and watch as both just melt. So no, their bombs don't need to do more, though I do think maybe making them affected by CT would be a good way to make them relevant for longer. (And not be used purely for suicide bombing runs)
I agree with TBE Reek, other then the cost reduction on close air support (and I would also extend that cost reduction to the ODST drop), I think his kit is good. His issues stem more from the UNSC faction as a whole rather then his leader kit.
CAS can get shot down before it even starts firing, no other leader power minus the Lich can be negated by a dozen or so Reavers and gets totally countered by cloaking. And the Lich only costs 600/600 to deploy, AND you get the unit spawning portal.
At the current cost of CAS for how little it does, it sucks. Either the Pelicans need to not take damage until they open fire, or have a massive increase to health.
Also they get negated if someone just spam builds Watchtowers around their base, if there's some way to make Pelicans not give priority to Watchtowers over units/buildings that'd be fantastic.

If ODST drops were cheaper they'd be broken, despite the low dps of the squad, their det charges make up for it well enough. (But seriously, they could do with getting upgraded from CT)
Simple fix decrease the blast radius effectiveness
ODST simple their job is building killers. They don’t do their job properly.
Also killing 2 pads is already a thing with ODST expecally if most of your army is somewhere else or don’t have turrents.

not to mention ODST are easily countered through leads and are often killed trying to do their job so yes ODST need a buff. If not at least add another ODST to the squad they can’t even destroy a pad correctly and I’m spending 800 on this Goliath drop does a better job at killing building and cost half the price.
TBE Reek wrote:
TBE Reek wrote:
Simple fix decrease the blast radius effectiveness
ODST simple their job is building killers. They don’t do their job properly.
Also killing 2 pads is already a thing with ODST expecally if most of your army is somewhere else or don’t have turrents.

not to mention ODST are easily countered through leads and are often killed trying to do their job so yes ODST need a buff. If not at least add another ODST to the squad they can’t even destroy a pad correctly and I’m spending 800 on this Goliath drop does a better job at killing building and cost half the price.
The problem I see with your 'simple fix' is that since buildings are right next to eachother it wouldn't do anything or would leave the charges pointless.
If ODSTs already kill two pads why say they need to be able to kill pads? I know they redline pads right now, but that' isn't destroying it.

If ODSTs are meant to be building killers then they shouldn't be capable of going toe to toe with a hero. because of how quickly they toss charges, they don't really die when they try to do their job so much as after they've done their one job. I do agree that they need some sort of buff, but I still think it should be tied to Combat Tech.

The big reason why I don't think it's bad that they don't obliterate bases on third point is because they are more multipurpose than Goliath drop.
In combat they are a quick and easy stun, and paired with spartan slam can annihilate clustered units with their charges. I do think they could use a little more dps as units because they don't scale well into the late game at all, but that isn't the same.
TBE Reek wrote:
TBE Reek wrote:
Simple fix decrease the blast radius effectiveness
ODST simple their job is building killers. They don’t do their job properly.
Also killing 2 pads is already a thing with ODST expecally if most of your army is somewhere else or don’t have turrents.

not to mention ODST are easily countered through leads and are often killed trying to do their job so yes ODST need a buff. If not at least add another ODST to the squad they can’t even destroy a pad correctly and I’m spending 800 on this Goliath drop does a better job at killing building and cost half the price.
The problem I see with your 'simple fix' is that since buildings are right next to eachother it wouldn't do anything or would leave the charges pointless.
If ODSTs already kill two pads why say they need to be able to kill pads? I know they redline pads right now, but that' isn't destroying it.

If ODSTs are meant to be building killers then they shouldn't be capable of going toe to toe with a hero. because of how quickly they toss charges, they don't really die when they try to do their job so much as after they've done their one job. I do agree that they need some sort of buff, but I still think it should be tied to Combat Tech.

The big reason why I don't think it's bad that they don't obliterate bases on third point is because they are more multipurpose than Goliath drop.
In combat they are a quick and easy stun, and paired with spartan slam can annihilate clustered units with their charges. I do think they could use a little more dps as units because they don't scale well into the late game at all, but that isn't the same.
Tbh they are the only regular unit in the game you really can’t make but you can drop imo they should have been in cutters barracks from the start of the game.

what I meant by they kill pad is they red line them then shoot them down and yes it works on some people. But the problem with that is they have to stand there shooting the pad and run the rush of dieing just to kill one pad

my my bad I should’ve cleared that up lol in short they do their job but it’s easily countable be the don’t auto kill pad with explosives. And they run the chances of dieing to finish off the pad if they stay. If the pad doesn’t die and ODST die you just wasted 800 for nothing

id rather them do their job then try to have them as a multi purpose unit imo but the fact that ODST is like the only building killer without an upgrade is upsetting all they have to do for the upgrade make the explosive charges more effective or something

I’d like the odst to not have a charge blast radius but have strong initial damage that way they are less effective in combat and actually do their job with killing buildings but have the charge damage increased.

odst are good but they can’t do their job having them tied to combat repair is a terrible idea imo that’s like having Spartans affected by marine upgrades. They should of had their own upgrade or just made semi strong.
TBE Reek wrote:
TBE Reek wrote:
TBE Reek wrote:
I agree that they should've had their own upgrade chain, but since they don't and the devs consist of one person, tying an ODST upgrade to Combat Tech seems like the best we can really hope for.

And how is that anything like Spartans getting affected by marine upgrades? Spartans are hero units with their own upgrade chain, ODSTs are worse marines if you discount the building damage from charges.
Make ODST a T3 marine upgrade (while they still retain combat tech).
Two popular ideas:
https://feedback.didact.io/posts/12/give-cutters-jerome-a-minor-splash-damage
https://feedback.didact.io/posts/26/close-air-support-hp-buff

Ref: https://feedback.didact.io/
ODST Drop should have at least another upgrade to that LP. Many other drops have available upgrades so should ODST. Maybe add 2 more ODST squads. Maybe an upgrade for ODST from the Armoury for another squad member to boost health and DPS.

CAS is weak and only seems effective as soon as it becomes available as a LP. After that they often get shot down easily or they do very little damage. Compare CAS to Eradication, Inferno or it’s very similar Linch. Any easy fix might be to decrease the cool down and decrease the cost. As is, it’s an LP that can be completely negated by anti-air and costs 1500 supply.

Cutter is one of my favourite leaders. I loved HW1 how you could build ODST right from the barracks. I think I would be satisfied with an upgrade to the ODST drop. If it could be upgraded at least once so you would drop 5 ODST. A third upgrade to that is probably too much.. I wouldn’t say no. It would decimate a base but so does 3 Veteran Grizzlies.