Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Cutter-Marine to ODST upgrade

OP AlPhAcEnTuRiOn2

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
I agree though I do find the charges a inconvenience to deploy in the heat of battle.
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
I agree though I do find the charges a inconvenience to deploy in the heat of battle.
what would you do then if you were in a position to do so?
I'm curious as to why Captain Cutter hasn't got an upgrade to enable the player to upgrade their Marines to ODST's like in the first Halo Wars. With the recent update soon to be released I'm worried Captain Cutter will become under powered and useless which would be a massive shame considering he's such a central character.
I agree. I thought Cutters Marines should be upgradable to ODST. Because at the moment, Cutter is slightly underpowered. His ODST timer needs to be reduced or something. Because he has no true unit that distinguishes him from the others
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
I agree though I do find the charges a inconvenience to deploy in the heat of battle.
what would you do then if you were in a position to do so?
Id think the ODST's should be like those in the first Halo Wars but with the same appearance as they do now. If there is a balancing issue then simply adjust their stats.
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
I'm curious as to why Captain Cutter hasn't got an upgrade to enable the player to upgrade their Marines to ODST's like in the first Halo Wars. With the recent update soon to be released I'm worried Captain Cutter will become under powered and useless which would be a massive shame considering he's such a central character.
I agree. I thought Cutters Marines should be upgradable to ODST. Because at the moment, Cutter is slightly underpowered. His ODST timer needs to be reduced or something. Because he has no true unit that distinguishes him from the others
or they could add the odsts onto the barracks.
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
I agree though I do find the charges a inconvenience to deploy in the heat of battle.
what would you do then if you were in a position to do so?
Id think the ODST's should be like those in the first Halo Wars but with the same appearance as they do now. If there is a balancing issue then simply adjust their stats.
how you say same like halo wars with the shotguns and the medic?
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
I'm curious as to why Captain Cutter hasn't got an upgrade to enable the player to upgrade their Marines to ODST's like in the first Halo Wars. With the recent update soon to be released I'm worried Captain Cutter will become under powered and useless which would be a massive shame considering he's such a central character.
I agree. I thought Cutters Marines should be upgradable to ODST. Because at the moment, Cutter is slightly underpowered. His ODST timer needs to be reduced or something. Because he has no true unit that distinguishes him from the others
or they could add the odsts onto the barracks.
Good idea
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
I agree though I do find the charges a inconvenience to deploy in the heat of battle.
what would you do then if you were in a position to do so?
Id think the ODST's should be like those in the first Halo Wars but with the same appearance as they do now. If there is a balancing issue then simply adjust their stats.
how you say same like halo wars with the shotguns and the medic?
Yeah I think Cutter needs them back to make him more unique
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
I agree though I do find the charges a inconvenience to deploy in the heat of battle.
what would you do then if you were in a position to do so?
Id think the ODST's should be like those in the first Halo Wars but with the same appearance as they do now. If there is a balancing issue then simply adjust their stats.
how you say same like halo wars with the shotguns and the medic?
Yeah I think Cutter needs them back to make him more unique
how maybe men per squad though?
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
I'm curious as to why Captain Cutter hasn't got an upgrade to enable the player to upgrade their Marines to ODST's like in the first Halo Wars. With the recent update soon to be released I'm worried Captain Cutter will become under powered and useless which would be a massive shame considering he's such a central character.
I agree. I thought Cutters Marines should be upgradable to ODST. Because at the moment, Cutter is slightly underpowered. His ODST timer needs to be reduced or something. Because he has no true unit that distinguishes him from the others
or they could add the odsts onto the barracks.
Good idea
they'll need upgrades though.
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
I'm curious as to why Captain Cutter hasn't got an upgrade to enable the player to upgrade their Marines to ODST's like in the first Halo Wars. With the recent update soon to be released I'm worried Captain Cutter will become under powered and useless which would be a massive shame considering he's such a central character.
I agree. I thought Cutters Marines should be upgradable to ODST. Because at the moment, Cutter is slightly underpowered. His ODST timer needs to be reduced or something. Because he has no true unit that distinguishes him from the others
or they could add the odsts onto the barracks.
Good idea
they'll need upgrades though.
Yeah maybe jump packs to move around the map quicker (got the idea from Reach) and the medic and id say 5 units per squad 3 with the SMG's 1 with a rocket launcher that can also heal vehicles and the other a medic with a shotgun
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
I'm curious as to why Captain Cutter hasn't got an upgrade to enable the player to upgrade their Marines to ODST's like in the first Halo Wars. With the recent update soon to be released I'm worried Captain Cutter will become under powered and useless which would be a massive shame considering he's such a central character.
I agree. I thought Cutters Marines should be upgradable to ODST. Because at the moment, Cutter is slightly underpowered. His ODST timer needs to be reduced or something. Because he has no true unit that distinguishes him from the others
or they could add the odsts onto the barracks.
Good idea
they'll need upgrades though.
Yeah maybe jump packs to move around the map quicker (got the idea from Reach) and the medic and id say 5 units per squad 3 with the SMG's 1 with a rocket launcher that can also heal vehicles and the other a medic with a shotgun
bravo but there's one problem the marines.
ODSTs don't really make much sense in this. You can only drop in three until the leader power recharges. They're not that much better than regular marines IMO and yet you can crap those out at a fast rate.

To echo previous sentiments, I also miss the old Anders. Hawks, Gremlins, and in particular - Cryo Bomb. The latter of which seems to be one reason why sentinels are so effective in this. There isn't really a leader power that can deal with them well enough when your army is away and no other unit is as fast at covering ground as the sentinels.
ODSTs don't really make much sense in this. You can only drop in three until the leader power recharges. They're not that much better than regular marines IMO and yet you can crap those out at a fast rate.

To echo previous sentiments, I also miss the old Anders. Hawks, Gremlins, and in particular - Cryo Bomb. The latter of which seems to be one reason why sentinels are so effective in this. There isn't really a leader power that can deal with them well enough when your army is away and no other unit is as fast at covering ground as the sentinels.
not unless if we were tje game designers make some changes in this.
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
I'm curious as to why Captain Cutter hasn't got an upgrade to enable the player to upgrade their Marines to ODST's like in the first Halo Wars. With the recent update soon to be released I'm worried Captain Cutter will become under powered and useless which would be a massive shame considering he's such a central character.
I agree. I thought Cutters Marines should be upgradable to ODST. Because at the moment, Cutter is slightly underpowered. His ODST timer needs to be reduced or something. Because he has no true unit that distinguishes him from the others
or they could add the odsts onto the barracks.
I like that idea
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
I'm curious as to why Captain Cutter hasn't got an upgrade to enable the player to upgrade their Marines to ODST's like in the first Halo Wars. With the recent update soon to be released I'm worried Captain Cutter will become under powered and useless which would be a massive shame considering he's such a central character.
I agree. I thought Cutters Marines should be upgradable to ODST. Because at the moment, Cutter is slightly underpowered. His ODST timer needs to be reduced or something. Because he has no true unit that distinguishes him from the others
or they could add the odsts onto the barracks.
I like that idea
thank you.
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
The same reason Heroes, who are special to that leader, are in the armory.
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
The same reason Heroes, who are special to that leader, are in the armory.
what about the other leaders then?
All they need to do is create an upgrade in the main base that turns the marines into ODSTs. I would say make it at tech 3 to unlock and cost 1200 energy. This way nothing gets changed, and people would have the choice of getting ODSTs for their army. If they didn't want the upgrade, than they still have the ODST drop and the ODST battalion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4