Cutter-Marine to ODST upgrade

OP AlPhAcEnTuRiOn2

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
The same reason Heroes, who are special to that leader, are in the armory.
what about the other leaders then?
Anders' Sentinels are getting nerfed. I've been in favor of making the Retriever her ultimate unit instead of Condor (and putting Enforcer Sentinel trio as her ultimate). Forge's Grizzlies simply belong where they are. Really, ODSTs could go in the Barracks but I don't think there isn't an open space and I believe Marines should always remain alongside ODSTs.
There's no reason to make ODST's as anything more than a special ability. They don't need to be a mainline unit.

Unique Units to each leader is fine, but each having their own Unique Super Unit is unnecessary and shifts the weight from varied strategy to simply only using Super Units, just like Halo Wars 1.

Halo Wars 2 has attempted to avoid that.
They should've put the ODSTs in the Armory or Barracks and kept the Marines in the main building. To balance spawning, they could've had them be higher cost and more population but remain strong as they were pre-nerf
Wait a minute wait a minute how on earth can we get the upgrades for the odsts anyway by putting them in the armory? The barracks is much better and if i were ask for the upgrades i would include a medic in the odst, plus shorting the timers on the charges.
Anders' Sentinels are getting nerfed. I've been in favor of making the Retriever her ultimate unit instead of Condor (and putting Enforcer Sentinel trio as her ultimate). Forge's Grizzlies simply belong where they are. Really, ODSTs could go in the Barracks but I don't think there isn't an open space and I believe Marines should always remain alongside ODSTs.
you forgot the forth leader Isabel what unit should she have?
The Hawk from Halo Wars 1
The Hawk from Halo Wars 1
what will her upgrades be though? i mean there's room in the command center for a unit like the protector sential what about cutter's and forges?
The Armory trains Infantry for the base game Heroes.

Forge isn't a base leader, technically.

what you mean by that?

what you mean by that?
Isabel, Anders, and Cutter all train an infantry unit (Spartan) as their hero. So do the Banished leaders.

Forge is technically a DLC leader so the same rule wouldn't necessarily apply to him. The Armory should be used, I believe, in the case of Infantry special units (ex. ODSTs).

Trying to get us back on track, though I think Isabel should have her special unit be Sentinels, that wasn't the card we were played. Instead maybe the Wasp/Hannibal vehicles or special Blitz cards (ex. Wild Hellbringers and Wild Jackrabbits)
There's no reason to make ODST's as anything more than a special ability. They don't need to be a mainline unit.

Unique Units to each leader is fine, but each having their own Unique Super Unit is unnecessary and shifts the weight from varied strategy to simply only using Super Units, just like Halo Wars 1.

Sergeant Forge

Professor Anders

That is all.
This is what it should be. This list goes in order as follows: Leader-Unique Unit- Training Building-Upgrade
Cutter-ODST's-Barracks-Combat Medic
Isabel-Hawks-Airpad-Ion Missiles
Anders-Sentinel-Airpad-Aggressor Sentinel
Forge-Grizzlies-Garage-Missile Barrage
At the freaking minimum, Cutter ODST drop should be upgradeable one time, to drop in a 5 squad drop and cost more. Since that is his only unit that differentiates himself

Edit* Also after they nerfed ODST hp.... THREE squads! Three Odst squads is his special unit.......... They took him from BA in HW1 and now was only playable because marine grenade was fun. ;)
Saints14 wrote:
At the freaking minimum, Cutter ODST drop should be upgradeable one time, to drop in a 5 squad drop and cost more. Since that is his only unit that differentiates himself
ya maybe a medic for the upgrade.
Saints14 wrote:
Honestly I don't get why doesn't ODST have a medic in the first place, especially since marines can heal everything now? But odst nope.

/EndRant

Cutter Main right here
Saints14 wrote:
Saints14 wrote:
Honestly I don't get why doesn't ODST have a medic in the first place, especially since marines can heal everything now? But odst nope.

/EndRant

Cutter Main right here
um marines can heal vehicles not infantry.

Sergeant Forge

Professor Anders

That is all.
2 Leaders. Not every leader. Regardless, their other units still see usage. It's not only their unique super units. Anders' sentinels have seen higher usage, but were just nerfed.
I think it adds a bit to each leader and makes them more diverse. They won't be exclusively used if they're well balanced, I'm not sure but I think Kinsano's flame warthog replaces the normal one now.
I think it adds a bit to each leader and makes them more diverse. They won't be exclusively used if they're well balanced, I'm not sure but I think Kinsano's flame warthog replaces the normal one now.
It does but its unique to her though.
I probably should have worded it better, what I mean is that 3 of the leaders now have unique units that can only be built by them.
Technically its 5 if you include Decimas's ability to spawn himself in as a unit. But the other four as I aware as follows
Shipmaster-Ghost
Anders-Sentinel
Forge-Grizzlies
Kinsano-Flame Warthogs
There may be others but I'm only aware of the ones listed here.
ODST could replace Hellbringers in the Armory (similar to how Grizzlies replace Scorpians). The trade off being good anti-air/anti-infantry vs early building damage/anti-infantry.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4