Cutter-Marine to ODST upgrade

OP AlPhAcEnTuRiOn2

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Technically its 5 if you include Decimas's ability to spawn himself in as a unit. But the other four as I aware as follows
Shipmaster-Ghost
Anders-Sentinel
Forge-Grizzlies
Kinsano-Flame Warthogs
There may be others but I'm only aware of the ones listed here.
I forgot about Shipmaster's ghost, it would have been a nice addition for his grunt squads to have Elites instead of Brutes like the original.
Technically its 5 if you include Decimas's ability to spawn himself in as a unit. But the other four as I aware as follows
Shipmaster-Ghost
Anders-Sentinel
Forge-Grizzlies
Kinsano-Flame Warthogs
There may be others but I'm only aware of the ones listed here.
I forgot about Shipmaster's ghost, it would have been a nice addition for his grunt squads to have Elites instead of Brutes like the original.
True but I think 343 wanted it to feel like it was still a Brute faction rather than a separate thing and that the Shipmaster was under the command of Atriox.
I meant add the hawks odst and grizzly upgrades
that would be a good idea
There's no reason to make ODST's as anything more than a special ability. They don't need to be a mainline unit.

Unique Units to each leader is fine, but each having their own Unique Super Unit is unnecessary and shifts the weight from varied strategy to simply only using Super Units, just like Halo Wars 1.

Halo Wars 2 has attempted to avoid that.
the odst's are what make cutter special we need them to be able to build so there's a reason to play as cutter or have a passive ability to be able build them
Rigloa wrote:
Honestly I wish the three upgrades were retained: Marine->ODST, Scorpion->Grizzly, Hornet->Hawk
same
second here with ya.
same
There's no reason to make ODST's as anything more than a special ability. They don't need to be a mainline unit.

Unique Units to each leader is fine, but each having their own Unique Super Unit is unnecessary and shifts the weight from varied strategy to simply only using Super Units, just like Halo Wars 1.

Halo Wars 2 has attempted to avoid that.
Every leader in the game that features a unique unit is able to train that unit from their base, except Cutter. Everybody still uses their unique units in hw2, except cutter, and he has to wait for a cooldown. He's great against air spammers but that's it. Cutter offers nothing in team based games so they should be a mainline unit. He can still lose against a low tier like Johnson in 1s due to the stupid bunkers he gets, rendering his speed boost worthless. That's just one example. If you don't attack early you're done.and I hate rushing.
I like how people are engaging in conversations with people from 2017.
I mean its kinda still relevant.

However, even if they were to make such a substantial change to Cutter at this point it would probably be more in line with the other special unique units of most leaders, replacing one of his leader powers with a passive to unlock them at the main building. Possibly replacing ODST drop (would be about the same place as other leader unit unlocks) and giving them one or two upgrades.

Even then that'd be hard to properly balance out and might see their demo charges nerfed or something.
lol. Can't start new threads if the topic is already covered. "Use the search bar."

I'm so out of practice, and was never really any good anyways, but I stand by my assessments from 2017, whatever they were.
Honestly a better solution would be to add a T3 Marine upgrade that increased damage, armor and adds self healing ( this would make core infantry viable late game ) and maybe a buff to Cutters raid and fixing his Veterancy passive would greatly increase his potential as an infantry leader.

But ODST's as a unit he can produce ( or upgrade into from marines ) would be very interesting as I would envision ODST's as doing less damage to air and vehicles but more to infantry and buildings
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4