Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Is Cutter even good anymore? I only played against him once so far this season and his infantry got crushed. Hes not as fast anymore and forgehogs speed buff working now seems to actually help him keep up with Cutter infantry. When i think about all the ways i used to lose to Cutter none of it is viable anymore. Was he maybe overnerfed?
I'm thinking that Serina and Forge are simply going to become counters to his passive speed boost. I don't think he's overnerfed, but Forgehog may be a bit overbuffed from what I've heard/seen.
Is Cutter even good anymore? I only played against him once so far this season and his infantry got crushed. Hes not as fast anymore and forgehogs speed buff working now seems to actually help him keep up with Cutter infantry. When i think about all the ways i used to lose to Cutter none of it is viable anymore. Was he maybe overnerfed?
Maybe.
Im sure there will be many opinions. But, for one thing, I think many more people are just going with Forge/Serina right now, and I'd say more so Forge.

His hog definitely wrecks infantry, so, even if Cutter is still decent, there's little reason to pick him.
I'd imagine that speedy hellbringers are super useful, but when compared to the other leader games going on, he may just be on the back burner for now.
I think they crushed cutter's viability. What made him so dynamic was infantry speed to control the map and ODST drop to hit and run bases with charges.

Now with the nerf he can't maintain map control as well and his ODST charges don't allow for effective hit and run anymore. Case in point mass grunts, especially Ship or Arby with early cloak, beat Cutter without too much issue.
It's a combination of both. How is infantry supposed to compete against a tech 1 hero unit that's a vehicle, has a shield, and a nuke.

They don't.

But even if they didn't nerf Raid forge hog wouldn't care. He could still go in, zap a few, take a few shots, and then leave before his shields even break.

I agree with the odst nerf but not the raid speed. I wouldn't say he's useless but why pick him when we have Jerome, Serina, and Forge?
I am not sure if it is the nerfs or just the overall buffs of other leaders, but Cutter has a hard time standing up to Jerome, Forge, Serena, and Kinsano now with the changes that have been made. I still find him useful in 3's especially with his stun drops... that is really the only thing he has going for him is stun drops. But infantry seem useless against Serena and Forge especially so he really has a tough time competing now. It stinks because I pretty much only use him. Tried some Forge last night, had some decent success with him, but I have no idea what powers to use with him and when. I am too used to the Cutter power wheel that I mess up and drop the wrong powers with anyone else.
It's a combination of both. How is infantry supposed to compete against a tech 1 hero unit that's a vehicle, has a shield, and a nuke.

They don't.

But even if they didn't nerf Raid forge hog wouldn't care. He could still go in, zap a few, take a few shots, and then leave before his shields even break.

I agree with the odst nerf but not the raid speed. I wouldn't say he's useless but why pick him when we have Jerome, Serina, and Forge?
agreed, i really just needed strong hellbringers and for ODSTs to not be able to one shot my advanced generators making me scared to leave my base even with turrets. I needed to not lose to mass marine rushes with ODST even when i know its coming every game. Anvil round was too weak compared to the effectiveness of other leaders Y abilities but I did not need a nuclear bomb to compete with Cutter or banished. Lets bring it down to maybe 125% and see how Forge does?
DA Cleric wrote:
I am not sure if it is the nerfs or just the overall buffs of other leaders, but Cutter has a hard time standing up to Jerome, Forge, Serena, and Kinsano now with the changes that have been made. I still find him useful in 3's especially with his stun drops... that is really the only thing he has going for him is stun drops. But infantry seem useless against Serena and Forge especially so he really has a tough time competing now. It stinks because I pretty much only use him. Tried some Forge last night, had some decent success with him, but I have no idea what powers to use with him and when. I am too used to the Cutter power wheel that I mess up and drop the wrong powers with anyone else.
I think this is where im really winning in the current state of the game. I had to learn to be good with Forge when he was bad. Although a lot of people are going to be trying him out they havent learned all the crap ive had to learn over the last few seasons.
DA Cleric wrote:
I think this is where im really winning in the current state of the game. I had to learn to be good with Forge when he was bad. Although a lot of people are going to be trying him out they havent learned all the crap ive had to learn over the last few seasons.
Yeah, I think you have to stick with it for a bit before really getting a grasp... but I was noticing the game was leader wars for T1 and if my leader doesn't have a vehicle (as UNSC) I was pretty screwed... so I went to Forge after seeing your posts about Anvil round etc. He was pretty good even though I had no idea how to open. I guess that proves that he may be overbuffed a bit, when all I could figure out was how to quickly get my Forgehog out and my economy was struggling and I didn't know what powers to pick and I didn't have a good build order... yet I was still able to hang in the game long enough to get rolling... But yes, your advantage is that you are used to Forge so his buffs can really translate well to a lot of success for you. I mentioned before but I see you running through a lot of people this season, especially once you figure out how to stand up best to Serena.

But as Cutter... I have no idea how to combat the Forgehog at the moment, and have no idea how to combat my army getting chilled and frozen constantly by Serena. Seems air is somewhat effective against her but it is difficult to transition to air in time with a solid infantry opener. Trying to get to air with Cutter is NOT what he is good at.
DA Cleric wrote:
And that's commendable.
I think a lot of people just play for wins, no matter who the leader. And, like Viper said, what's the point in picking an infantry-based leader when there's a wrecking ball vehicle hero right now? So, we're going to be seeing mass Forges. I've only played against Forge maybe 3 times since patch, but after the first game, my mind just says "GG" when I see that I'm up against him.

As for Cutter, I think he absolutely needed to be nerfed, but maybe not so much to his speed. The ODST and V3 cyclops were good nerfs, and much needed though.
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
Yeah, I think you have to stick with it for a bit before really getting a grasp... but I was noticing the game was leader wars for T1 and if my leader doesn't have a vehicle (as UNSC) I was pretty screwed... so I went to Forge after seeing your posts about Anvil round etc. He was pretty good even though I had no idea how to open. I guess that proves that he may be overbuffed a bit, when all I could figure out was how to quickly get my Forgehog out and my economy was struggling and I didn't know what powers to pick and I didn't have a good build order... yet I was still able to hang in the game long enough to get rolling... But yes, your advantage is that you are used to Forge so his buffs can really translate well to a lot of success for you. I mentioned before but I see you running through a lot of people this season, especially once you figure out how to stand up best to Serena.

But as Cutter... I have no idea how to combat the Forgehog at the moment, and have no idea how to combat my army getting chilled and frozen constantly by Serena. Seems air is somewhat effective against her but it is difficult to transition to air in time with a solid infantry opener. Trying to get to air with Cutter is NOT what he is good at.
Good Serinas dont exist yet. Her leader is way too new for anyone to be maximizing a build or method of utilizing her. I hope we wait a little bit to see her max potential before they nerf forge because i dont want to get rolled by Serinas lol
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:

Good Serinas dont exist yet. Her leader is way too new for anyone to be maximizing a build or method of utilizing her. I hope we wait a little bit to see her max potential before they nerf forge because i dont want to get rolled by Serinas lol
For sure. People will get better with her, but she can still be pretty frusterating already. I was simply indicating that I thought you would roll through this season with the Forge enhancements and the only projected issue I saw in your way was the new leader (because she is new and you probably don't know how to counter her strengths effectively without seeing her much). Not saying that there are awesome Serenas yet, just thought she would be the only potential issue for you since you are already good with a leader that got a pretty significant boost.
Sad face
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:

For sure. People will get better with her, but she can still be pretty frusterating already. I was simply indicating that I thought you would roll through this season with the Forge enhancements and the only projected issue I saw in your way was the new leader (because she is new and you probably don't know how to counter her strengths effectively without seeing her much). Not saying that there are awesome Serenas yet, just thought she would be the only potential issue for you since you are already good with a leader that got a pretty significant boost.
I played 3 Serinas so far, one was Berk. Games werent close. The freezing was obnoxious but so are houseflys and houseflys arent a threat. I dont see her as a threat yet. I plan to experiment with transporting out of her ice fields as this may be a good response to this. She suffers from mobility so being in multiple places at once kinda pulls her apart. She has no transport/teleport, no speed buffs, and limited calldowns. Its pretty fun watching her play though. I can see her being pretty good at the very least i dont think she suffers from Johnson syndrome.

They don't.

agreed, i really just needed strong hellbringers and for ODSTs to not be able to one shot my advanced generators making me scared to leave my base even with turrets. I needed to not lose to mass marine rushes with ODST even when i know its coming every game. Anvil round was too weak compared to the effectiveness of other leaders Y abilities but I did not need a nuclear bomb to compete with Cutter or banished. Lets bring it down to maybe 125% and see how Forge does?
To be clear, you're talking about its original value? As if the patch notes said "Anvil round damage increased 125%"?

That's slightly above twice as good as it was and that's far more reasonable. I like it because it'll bring infantry units to about half health and kill the one it targeted. That's fair. It requires some kind of follow up and leaves FAR more room for counterplay.

I have no doubt their numbers are showing some skewed matches in forges favor much like Jerome when he first launched, so i would be genuinely surprised if we made it to next Wednesday with an adjustment.
I've been seeing a lot of people saying that ODSTs can't kill buildings. If you make sure that the pod connects with the building (there's impact damage), position the charges between 2 buildings, and shoot the buildings for a moment, they will blow up. Bear in mind global infantry upgrades affect the charges, too.
No. Just give him the odst's already! Ouh wait! He has them every 3min? So other leader has 1-2 unique units and mayby an uber unit? But cutter can rain down these badA elite soldiers once every 3minutes to do what? Stun enemy heroes, looking cool and scare the grunts?

I'll just leave it there....

They don't.

To be clear, you're talking about its original value? As if the patch notes said "Anvil round damage increased 125%"?That's slightly above twice as good as it was and that's far more reasonable. I like it because it'll bring infantry units to about half health and kill the one it targeted. That's fair. It requires some kind of follow up and leaves FAR more room for counterplay.

I have no doubt their numbers are showing some skewed matches in forges favor much like Jerome when he first launched, so i would be genuinely surprised if we made it to next Wednesday with an adjustment.
Correct. i think only increasing it 125% of its original value should have been a starting point. The unit it targets directly should probably die if its just a grunt or weak unit then the weaker splash damage. I would be VERY surprised if this is not nerfed. I cant even make it to late game to try the new grizzly upgrade and its mostly because this anvil round leaves them with no army to compete at tier 2. Scatterbomb is good now too....theres nothing left after scatterbomb and anvil round.
So I've been playing as Cutter since the beginning of the game. First there was no reason to nerf him. Prior to this patch, 4 out of the top 5 leaders were banished. Cutter is now near useless, and there is no reason to pick him over Jerome, Forge, Serina, or Kinsano. Cutter was fine, and his only asset was getting early map control and having a strong micro, you couldn't just march through your opponents armies like an Atriox. He relied on hit and run tactics and spreading units across the map.

Between OP Forge, Serina, and the lack of viable UNSC leaders, this is probably the most imbalanced the game has ever been. With that said, the last patch (the quick fix to Jerome), was the most balanced the game had been. In order to bring other leaders up, they just needed to buff those specific leaders, rather than nerf one of 2 viable UNSC leaders. Now, we're essentially in the same position we were in before, with Forge and Serina being the go to choices for UNSC.
DA Cleric wrote:
Why do you have such a hard on for Forge anyway Phoenix? No offense meant, curios why you love him so much to use him for so long.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5