1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
SWAT 79 wrote:
So I've been playing as Cutter since the beginning of the game. First there was no reason to nerf him. Prior to this patch, 4 out of the top 5 leaders were banished. Cutter is now near useless, and there is no reason to pick him over Jerome, Forge, Serina, or Kinsano. Cutter was fine, and his only asset was getting early map control and having a strong micro, you couldn't just march through your opponents armies like an Atriox. He relied on hit and run tactics and spreading units across the map.

Between OP Forge, Serina, and the lack of viable UNSC leaders, this is probably the most imbalanced the game has ever been. With that said, the last patch (the quick fix to Jerome), was the most balanced the game had been. In order to bring other leaders up, they just needed to buff those specific leaders, rather than nerf one of 2 viable UNSC leaders. Now, we're essentially in the same position we were in before, with Forge and Serina being the go to choices for UNSC.
It's a real "flavor of the month" cycle we have going on here but that is to be expected to some degree with so many leaders at the 5.5 month mark of the games life. The slight nerfs to some banished were a bit unsettling - they should have left them be and focused efforts on buffing the unsc leaders who needed it.

Cutter maybe only needed a slight ODST charge nerf but instead they see him at the top of the leader boards and decided to hack him away apparently. I would really like to see how they test their builds of the game.
DA Cleric wrote:
I am not sure if it is the nerfs or just the overall buffs of other leaders, but Cutter has a hard time standing up to Jerome, Forge, Serena, and Kinsano now with the changes that have been made. I still find him useful in 3's especially with his stun drops... that is really the only thing he has going for him is stun drops. But infantry seem useless against Serena and Forge especially so he really has a tough time competing now. It stinks because I pretty much only use him. Tried some Forge last night, had some decent success with him, but I have no idea what powers to use with him and when. I am too used to the Cutter power wheel that I mess up and drop the wrong powers with anyone else.
I think this is where im really winning in the current state of the game. I had to learn to be good with Forge when he was bad. Although a lot of people are going to be trying him out they havent learned all the crap ive had to learn over the last few seasons.
Why do you have such a hard on for Forge anyway Phoenix? No offense meant, curios why you love him so much to use him for so long.
He has good diversity with his leader powers and his hero is fun to micro. He has abilities that make him strong whether you use infantry or vehicles. Im very macro oriented so rolling economy fits my playstyle.
The cutter nerfs were a necessity.

You're mental if you think the C4 charges from ODST should've been kept untouched against buildings. Please be reasonable.

Raid made all the rest of UNSC, except Jerome, useless. It needed a nerf and it's been needing that for seasons now.

The only reason we can't judge yet the Meta is because Forge is overpowered and there's just no reason to pick any other hero. I haven't yet faced Serina, so I'm curious to see how she can 1v1 Forge.

The meta in the current state is worse than last season, of course I'm not complaining, we still need patches, but I'm hoping for a new patch in a few days, no more than a week after releasing the DLC.

BTW: I started using Forge, so far I'm undefeated against any non-Forge leader. Only games I've lost have been Forge mirrors, which means I'm possibly one of the worst Forges in the ladder and yet, being crap at Forge, I'm stomping every other leader. So we can't possibly or logically measure viability in Forge vs X Leader encounters, because then every leader would be UP.
...
To be clear, you're talking about its original value? As if the patch notes said "Anvil round damage increased 125%"?

That's slightly above twice as good as it was.
It is very important that people make this distinction. Anvil round damage was not tripled, it is actually four times stronger than it was. It was a 300% increase.

As I said in another thread, I didn't even knew Forge hog had a Y, so I have no idea how much damage it was. So I can't even say how much the nerf should be, I'll leave that to the devs, no opinion in this regard from me.
The cutter nerfs were a necessity.

You're mental if you think the C4 charges from ODST should've been kept untouched against buildings. Please be reasonable.

Raid made all the rest of UNSC, except Jerome, useless. It needed a nerf and it's been needing that for seasons now.

The cutter nerfs were not, because ODSTs were so easily counterable and only came up at best, once every 3 minutes. They were absolutely useless against Banished because of shields, and after early game against UNSC they weren't worth much either. Raid did not make UNSC useless, as all of the other leaders maintaned powers that would allow them to win engagements.

The only thing Cutter had going for him was early game map control and hit and run tactics. All of the Banished had advantages over Cutter, and Kinsano and Jerome could also hold their own against him. With Scout vehicles being so OP, Raid wasn't nearly as effective as it could have been. Again, the best Cutters were forced to MICRO, which is something that should be rewarded, not nerfed. This is why Atriox is still one of the stronger leaders despite the season to season nerfs, they were all minor and he can still just ball up and run through opponents. Why they hammered Cutter when he was fine, is beyond me.

They replaced him with Forge, who is incredibly OP. In addition, there are still only 2 leaders worth picking for UNSC, Forge and Serina, with the rest being virtually useless.
They absolutely f*cked Cutter. Like bent him over and wrecked him. As it was my main I decided to do a few tests in customs with a friend to see what the effect was. Prior to his nerf, I could actually pretty reliably beat anyone except Atriox/Decimus thanks to shield stacking. Even as far as killing Jerome off who I knew was a comptent player as myself and at the same skill level roughly. So I was pretty happy with Cutters current state.

Then the nerfs came and indirect buffs that essentially became nerfs to him anyway. So right now you no longer have T1 advantage and you no longer have the advantage in the first 5 minutes which was my prefered strat to try rush and take a few buildings out with grenade marines and flamers which worked to quite a good extent or even take the whole base if possible. You could deal with the other hero's by just mass grenading and flaming them (Funnily enough still works against hero's and Forge even and can kill him but then your screwed by his army. But this is probably the best counter for Forge)

However now due to the speed nerf you can't send say 80% of your army in and just keep pumping them at your base knowing that raid will give them the MS to get there fairly quickly so not being full pop wasn't a bad thing and by 5 minutes I could reliably turn up at your base full pop. Now, good luck doing that lol and if you get caught by Forge well say good bye to your army as you can't even disengage and run off.

So they killed his early game presence, okay some thought he was too strong anyway in that part fair enough. Let's get to late game.

So you've made it to a decent point your bringing out a good army and you decide to go push for a base, if that base has more than 2 shields on it your essentially f*cked you won't kill it unless you have mass vultures and Y spam. Usually I'd be able to throw a few units at the shield take it down with Archer missles and then ODST drop in and blow it up if I didn't go all vultures. Well good luck doing that now, ODST are no where near strong enough to do so now and the vet levels on the drop really don't even make them that great. So as of now it's basically reliant on Close Air Support and Archer Missles to stop a turtle and try take a base down with him which we all know isn't the greatest as close air gets shot down and archers whilst good just take a bit of time to CD and you can't pump it out because of it.

All in all he just now feels weak throughout the stages of the game and it's even worse the supposed Banshee nerf has barely done anything to stop them mass banshee rushing you. Whilst before I always knew it was hard to beat Banished late game with this patch now if you don't win within the first 7 minutes rushing you've pretty much lost and even then if you do rush early game your no where near as strong and most banished just go shield stack send out atriox hero get a few grunts get mass banshee and your full pop of infantry goes down in no time even though they are the supposed AA.

I'm salty as hell as you may of guessed, it's forced me on to Jerome and Forge which bugs me given I just loved being Cutter the Nutter an average human whose just badass and not some meched up junkie or some geezer in the back of a toyota warrior.
...
To be clear, you're talking about its original value? As if the patch notes said "Anvil round damage increased 125%"?

That's slightly above twice as good as it was.
It is very important that people make this distinction. Anvil round damage was not tripled, it is actually four times stronger than it was. It was a 300% increase.

As I said in another thread, I didn't even knew Forge hog had a Y, so I have no idea how much damage it was. So I can't even say how much the nerf should be, I'll leave that to the devs, no opinion in this regard from me.
It hit about as hard as a frag grenade from a tier one marine originally. So getting hit with anvil now is like getting hit by grenades from four marines at once. Explains why it drops so many units in one hit.
...
To be clear, you're talking about its original value? As if the patch notes said "Anvil round damage increased 125%"?

That's slightly above twice as good as it was.
It is very important that people make this distinction. Anvil round damage was not tripled, it is actually four times stronger than it was. It was a 300% increase.

As I said in another thread, I didn't even knew Forge hog had a Y, so I have no idea how much damage it was. So I can't even say how much the nerf should be, I'll leave that to the devs, no opinion in this regard from me.
It hit about as hard as a frag grenade from a tier one marine originally. So getting hit with anvil now is like getting hit by grenades from four marines at once. Explains why it drops so many units in one hit.
Has the AoE always been so yyyyuge?
...
To be clear, you're talking about its original value? As if the patch notes said "Anvil round damage increased 125%"?

That's slightly above twice as good as it was.
It is very important that people make this distinction. Anvil round damage was not tripled, it is actually four times stronger than it was. It was a 300% increase.

As I said in another thread, I didn't even knew Forge hog had a Y, so I have no idea how much damage it was. So I can't even say how much the nerf should be, I'll leave that to the devs, no opinion in this regard from me.
It hit about as hard as a frag grenade from a tier one marine originally. So getting hit with anvil now is like getting hit by grenades from four marines at once. Explains why it drops so many units in one hit.
Has the AoE always been so yyyyuge?
Yes, but the AoE damage was negligible.
...
To be clear, you're talking about its original value? As if the patch notes said "Anvil round damage increased 125%"?

That's slightly above twice as good as it was.
It is very important that people make this distinction. Anvil round damage was not tripled, it is actually four times stronger than it was. It was a 300% increase.

As I said in another thread, I didn't even knew Forge hog had a Y, so I have no idea how much damage it was. So I can't even say how much the nerf should be, I'll leave that to the devs, no opinion in this regard from me.
It hit about as hard as a frag grenade from a tier one marine originally. So getting hit with anvil now is like getting hit by grenades from four marines at once. Explains why it drops so many units in one hit.
Has the AoE always been so yyyyuge?
Yes its just been so weak that it hasnt really mattered. Spacing your units out is still effective. If it only hits a couple marines its not much different than prepatch to fight forge in engagements.
They absolutely f*cked Cutter. Like bent him over and wrecked him. As it was my main I decided to do a few tests in customs with a friend to see what the effect was. Prior to his nerf, I could actually pretty reliably beat anyone except Atriox/Decimus thanks to shield stacking. Even as far as killing Jerome off who I knew was a comptent player as myself and at the same skill level roughly. So I was pretty happy with Cutters current state.

Then the nerfs came and indirect buffs that essentially became nerfs to him anyway. So right now you no longer have T1 advantage and you no longer have the advantage in the first 5 minutes which was my prefered strat to try rush and take a few buildings out with grenade marines and flamers which worked to quite a good extent or even take the whole base if possible. You could deal with the other hero's by just mass grenading and flaming them (Funnily enough still works against hero's and Forge even and can kill him but then your screwed by his army. But this is probably the best counter for Forge)

However now due to the speed nerf you can't send say 80% of your army in and just keep pumping them at your base knowing that raid will give them the MS to get there fairly quickly so not being full pop wasn't a bad thing and by 5 minutes I could reliably turn up at your base full pop. Now, good luck doing that lol and if you get caught by Forge well say good bye to your army as you can't even disengage and run off.

So they killed his early game presence, okay some thought he was too strong anyway in that part fair enough. Let's get to late game.

So you've made it to a decent point your bringing out a good army and you decide to go push for a base, if that base has more than 2 shields on it your essentially f*cked you won't kill it unless you have mass vultures and Y spam. Usually I'd be able to throw a few units at the shield take it down with Archer missles and then ODST drop in and blow it up if I didn't go all vultures. Well good luck doing that now, ODST are no where near strong enough to do so now and the vet levels on the drop really don't even make them that great. So as of now it's basically reliant on Close Air Support and Archer Missles to stop a turtle and try take a base down with him which we all know isn't the greatest as close air gets shot down and archers whilst good just take a bit of time to CD and you can't pump it out because of it.

All in all he just now feels weak throughout the stages of the game and it's even worse the supposed Banshee nerf has barely done anything to stop them mass banshee rushing you. Whilst before I always knew it was hard to beat Banished late game with this patch now if you don't win within the first 7 minutes rushing you've pretty much lost and even then if you do rush early game your no where near as strong and most banished just go shield stack send out atriox hero get a few grunts get mass banshee and your full pop of infantry goes down in no time even though they are the supposed AA.

I'm salty as hell as you may of guessed, it's forced me on to Jerome and Forge which bugs me given I just loved being Cutter the Nutter an average human whose just badass and not some meched up junkie or some geezer in the back of a toyota warrior.
looks like we got bigger problems with Serina. word is getting around that shes broken worse than kinsano jackrabbits.
SWAT 79 wrote:
The cutter nerfs were a necessity.

You're mental if you think the C4 charges from ODST should've been kept untouched against buildings. Please be reasonable.

Raid made all the rest of UNSC, except Jerome, useless. It needed a nerf and it's been needing that for seasons now.

The cutter nerfs were not, because ODSTs were so easily counterable and only came up at best, once every 3 minutes. They were absolutely useless against Banished because of shields, and after early game against UNSC they weren't worth much either. Raid did not make UNSC useless, as all of the other leaders maintaned powers that would allow them to win engagements.

The only thing Cutter had going for him was early game map control and hit and run tactics. All of the Banished had advantages over Cutter, and Kinsano and Jerome could also hold their own against him. With Scout vehicles being so OP, Raid wasn't nearly as effective as it could have been. Again, the best Cutters were forced to MICRO, which is something that should be rewarded, not nerfed. This is why Atriox is still one of the stronger leaders despite the season to season nerfs, they were all minor and he can still just ball up and run through opponents. Why they hammered Cutter when he was fine, is beyond me.

They replaced him with Forge, who is incredibly OP. In addition, there are still only 2 leaders worth picking for UNSC, Forge and Serina, with the rest being virtually useless.
I gotta disagree.
I think Cutter was way too strong last patch. Maybe the Top 10 were not all Cutter, but if you scrolled down the list, it was a Cutter-fest.

I think his speed could have been kept in place. But, those ODSTs and cyclops drops needed work. After he got map control, which he does 90% of the time, you had crazy fast ODST's and vet 3 cyclops running the field. Your base didn't stand a chance, and you could never catch him.
Nerfs needed to happen, but they may have gone a bit too far.
SWAT 79 wrote:
The cutter nerfs were a necessity.

You're mental if you think the C4 charges from ODST should've been kept untouched against buildings. Please be reasonable.

Raid made all the rest of UNSC, except Jerome, useless. It needed a nerf and it's been needing that for seasons now.

The cutter nerfs were not, because ODSTs were so easily counterable and only came up at best, once every 3 minutes. They were absolutely useless against Banished because of shields, and after early game against UNSC they weren't worth much either. Raid did not make UNSC useless, as all of the other leaders maintaned powers that would allow them to win engagements.

The only thing Cutter had going for him was early game map control and hit and run tactics. All of the Banished had advantages over Cutter, and Kinsano and Jerome could also hold their own against him. With Scout vehicles being so OP, Raid wasn't nearly as effective as it could have been. Again, the best Cutters were forced to MICRO, which is something that should be rewarded, not nerfed. This is why Atriox is still one of the stronger leaders despite the season to season nerfs, they were all minor and he can still just ball up and run through opponents. Why they hammered Cutter when he was fine, is beyond me.

They replaced him with Forge, who is incredibly OP. In addition, there are still only 2 leaders worth picking for UNSC, Forge and Serina, with the rest being virtually useless.
I gotta disagree.
I think Cutter was way too strong last patch. Maybe the Top 10 were not all Cutter, but if you scrolled down the list, it was a Cutter-fest.

I think his speed could have been kept in place. But, those ODSTs and cyclops drops needed work. After he got map control, which he does 90% of the time, you had crazy fast ODST's and vet 3 cyclops running the field. Your base didn't stand a chance, and you could never catch him.
Nerfs needed to happen, but they may have gone a bit too far.
Alright that's fair, but he still wasn't as good as any of the banished leaders... so how can you nerf him before touching any of those? He may have been OP compared to other UNSC leaders, but to fix that you just have to buff the other leaders, rather than nerf one of only 2 viable ones.
They absolutely f*cked Cutter. Like bent him over and wrecked him. As it was my main I decided to do a few tests in customs with a friend to see what the effect was. Prior to his nerf, I could actually pretty reliably beat anyone except Atriox/Decimus thanks to shield stacking. Even as far as killing Jerome off who I knew was a comptent player as myself and at the same skill level roughly. So I was pretty happy with Cutters current state.

Then the nerfs came and indirect buffs that essentially became nerfs to him anyway. So right now you no longer have T1 advantage and you no longer have the advantage in the first 5 minutes which was my prefered strat to try rush and take a few buildings out with grenade marines and flamers which worked to quite a good extent or even take the whole base if possible. You could deal with the other hero's by just mass grenading and flaming them (Funnily enough still works against hero's and Forge even and can kill him but then your screwed by his army. But this is probably the best counter for Forge)

However now due to the speed nerf you can't send say 80% of your army in and just keep pumping them at your base knowing that raid will give them the MS to get there fairly quickly so not being full pop wasn't a bad thing and by 5 minutes I could reliably turn up at your base full pop. Now, good luck doing that lol and if you get caught by Forge well say good bye to your army as you can't even disengage and run off.

So they killed his early game presence, okay some thought he was too strong anyway in that part fair enough. Let's get to late game.

So you've made it to a decent point your bringing out a good army and you decide to go push for a base, if that base has more than 2 shields on it your essentially f*cked you won't kill it unless you have mass vultures and Y spam. Usually I'd be able to throw a few units at the shield take it down with Archer missles and then ODST drop in and blow it up if I didn't go all vultures. Well good luck doing that now, ODST are no where near strong enough to do so now and the vet levels on the drop really don't even make them that great. So as of now it's basically reliant on Close Air Support and Archer Missles to stop a turtle and try take a base down with him which we all know isn't the greatest as close air gets shot down and archers whilst good just take a bit of time to CD and you can't pump it out because of it.

All in all he just now feels weak throughout the stages of the game and it's even worse the supposed Banshee nerf has barely done anything to stop them mass banshee rushing you. Whilst before I always knew it was hard to beat Banished late game with this patch now if you don't win within the first 7 minutes rushing you've pretty much lost and even then if you do rush early game your no where near as strong and most banished just go shield stack send out atriox hero get a few grunts get mass banshee and your full pop of infantry goes down in no time even though they are the supposed AA.

I'm salty as hell as you may of guessed, it's forced me on to Jerome and Forge which bugs me given I just loved being Cutter the Nutter an average human whose just badass and not some meched up junkie or some geezer in the back of a toyota warrior.
looks like we got bigger problems with Serina. word is getting around that shes broken worse than kinsano jackrabbits.
Yeah ive seen that personally im not too bothered at how forge is currently and ive managed to beat him a fair amount of times just by microing my -Yoink- off but that serina play looks pretty ridiculous. In a way im happy that Banished players get to feel like UNSC for a while lol. Though the reoccuring trend seems to be UNSC are great when they first come out only to get nerfed into oblivion a week later not a good look when UNSC is by far the more diverse and imo the funnest to play.
SWAT 79 wrote:
...

The cutter nerfs were not, because ODSTs were so easily counterable and only came up at best, once every 3 minutes. They were absolutely useless against Banished because of shields, and after early game against UNSC they weren't worth much either. Raid did not make UNSC useless, as all of the other leaders maintaned powers that would allow them to win engagements.

-No

The only thing Cutter had going for him was early game map control and hit and run tactics. All of the Banished had advantages over Cutter, and Kinsano and Jerome could also hold their own against him. With Scout vehicles being so OP, Raid wasn't nearly as effective as it could have been. Again, the best Cutters were forced to MICRO, which is something that should be rewarded, not nerfed. This is why Atriox is still one of the stronger leaders despite the season to season nerfs, they were all minor and he can still just ball up and run through opponents. Why they hammered Cutter when he was fine, is beyond me.

-No

They replaced him with Forge, who is incredibly OP. In addition, there are still only 2 leaders worth picking for UNSC, Forge and Serina, with the rest being virtually useless.

-No
I disagree on everything.

Every good Cutter just circled your bases one by one until you were done. Banished couldn't do -Yoink- even with rangers. And that's another reason why every other UNSC was crap against Banished, because rangers rendered them useless. Cutter was the only one who could really screw Banished because his infantry was as fast as a damn Chopper.

And in UNSC vs UNSC no leader could stand up against cutter because even if you won the fights he could just ODST snipe your generators because UNSC don't have shields.

Speed is incredibly strong and valuable in this game because units can shoot and move. Take a game like Starcraft for example where units have to come to a full stop to be able to shoot. If that was the case in HW2 then cutter would have been more balanced.

It is time to move on and acknowledge that Cutter raid and ODST were broken. And they haven't replaced him as in replaced on purpose with Forge. That makes no sense. Once Forge and Serina get nerfed we will be able to make accurate comments on the meta.

I won't say whether the nerf was too hard or not because we cannot say for sure in the current state, but a nerf was needed no question about it, so... Let's just wait and insta lock Forge in the mean time.
SWAT 79 wrote:
SWAT 79 wrote:
The cutter nerfs were a necessity.

You're mental if you think the C4 charges from ODST should've been kept untouched against buildings. Please be reasonable.

Raid made all the rest of UNSC, except Jerome, useless. It needed a nerf and it's been needing that for seasons now.

I gotta disagree.
I think Cutter was way too strong last patch. Maybe the Top 10 were not all Cutter, but if you scrolled down the list, it was a Cutter-fest.

I think his speed could have been kept in place. But, those ODSTs and cyclops drops needed work. After he got map control, which he does 90% of the time, you had crazy fast ODST's and vet 3 cyclops running the field. Your base didn't stand a chance, and you could never catch him.
Nerfs needed to happen, but they may have gone a bit too far.
Alright that's fair, but he still wasn't as good as any of the banished leaders... so how can you nerf him before touching any of those? He may have been OP compared to other UNSC leaders, but to fix that you just have to buff the other leaders, rather than nerf one of only 2 viable ones.
I agree. Although idk, I think he could best Colony and Deci last season.
I'm thinking now that he could have kept his speed at full effect, but ODSTs at the least needed to be worked.
If he still had his speed, you could do epic/annoying stuff with hellbringers right now.
But, ODSTs could take out three or so buildings in one strike right? That's like stronger than a vulture at 3mins!
SWAT 79 wrote:
It is time to move on and acknowledge that Cutter raid and ODST were broken. And they haven't replaced him as in replaced on purpose with Forge. That makes no sense. Once Forge and Serina get nerfed we will be able to make accurate comments on the meta.I won't say whether the nerf was too hard or not because we cannot say for sure in the current state, but a nerf was needed no question about it, so... Let's just wait and insta lock Forge in the mean time.
This.
It's also gotta be hard to tell anything just because fewer ppl are playing Cutter now, because Forge is the standard.

We'll see in a week-ish
SWAT 79 wrote:
...

The cutter nerfs were not, because ODSTs were so easily counterable and only came up at best, once every 3 minutes. They were absolutely useless against Banished because of shields, and after early game against UNSC they weren't worth much either. Raid did not make UNSC useless, as all of the other leaders maintaned powers that would allow them to win engagements.

-No

The only thing Cutter had going for him was early game map control and hit and run tactics. All of the Banished had advantages over Cutter, and Kinsano and Jerome could also hold their own against him. With Scout vehicles being so OP, Raid wasn't nearly as effective as it could have been. Again, the best Cutters were forced to MICRO, which is something that should be rewarded, not nerfed. This is why Atriox is still one of the stronger leaders despite the season to season nerfs, they were all minor and he can still just ball up and run through opponents. Why they hammered Cutter when he was fine, is beyond me.

-No

They replaced him with Forge, who is incredibly OP. In addition, there are still only 2 leaders worth picking for UNSC, Forge and Serina, with the rest being virtually useless.

-No
I disagree on everything.

Every good Cutter just circled your bases one by one until you were done. Banished couldn't do -Yoink- even with rangers. And that's another reason why every other UNSC was crap against Banished, because rangers rendered them useless. Cutter was the only one who could really screw Banished because his infantry was as fast as a damn Chopper.

And in UNSC vs UNSC no leader could stand up against cutter because even if you won the fights he could just ODST snipe your generators because UNSC don't have shields.

Speed is incredibly strong and valuable in this game because units can shoot and move. Take a game like Starcraft for example where units have to come to a full stop to be able to shoot. If that was the case in HW2 then cutter would have been more balanced.

It is time to move on and acknowledge that Cutter raid and ODST were broken. And they haven't replaced him as in replaced on purpose with Forge. That makes no sense. Once Forge and Serina get nerfed we will be able to make accurate comments on the meta.

I won't say whether the nerf was too hard or not because we cannot say for sure in the current state, but a nerf was needed no question about it, so... Let's just wait and insta lock Forge in the mean time.
Rangers absolutely ran through Cutter. In fact, the Banshee, Ranger, Reaver combo ran through Cutter like a warm knife through Butter.

So when I said they replaced him, I didn't mean that they were like "Oh well now we need a new OP character to replace the old one" lol. I meant that Forge and Serina (who are obviously much more powerful than Cutter ever was), replaced the UNSC meta. Speed is important, and it was the only thing that Cutter had going for him. You disagree on everything, but don't seem to have the experience I do in playing with him. ODSTs nor Raid were broken, and he was clearly over nerfed. If anything, they should have just left him alone, and there would be more parity between UNSC leaders.

You seem content with the fact that there are only ever 2 viable UNSC leaders, where as all of the Banished is viable. Had they not nerfed Cutter, you would have Jerome (to an extent), Cutter (kind of but he's not nearly as strong as Banished or Serina/Forge), Serina, and Forge. As of now, they absolutely nerfed Cutter into the ground, making him useless.

If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. There was no reason to nerf Cutter in the current meta, and if they were, there should have been small, slight changes. He is now useless, is that what you wanted? This is not how you balance games.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, because scout units are so OP, Cutter's raid really wasn't as useful early game as it should have been. That's why Banished always had the advantage over him, Choppers/Ghosts for map control, T2, Spam Rangers, profit.
He seems balanced pretty well now; his raid isn't nearly as dominating.
SWAT 79 wrote:
You seem content with the fact that there are only ever 2 viable UNSC leaders, where as all of the Banished is viable. Had they not nerfed Cutter, you would have Jerome (to an extent), Cutter (kind of but he's not nearly as strong as Banished or Serina/Forge), Serina, and Forge. As of now, they absolutely nerfed Cutter into the ground, making him useless.

If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. There was no reason to nerf Cutter in the current meta, and if they were, there should have been small, slight changes. He is now useless, is that what you wanted? This is not how you balance games.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, because scout units are so OP, Cutter's raid really wasn't as useful early game as it should have been. That's why Banished always had the advantage over him, Choppers/Ghosts for map control, T2, Spam Rangers, profit.
Scout units are not OP anymore lol, yo can have 60 pop of grenade marines and fight off 35 pop of choppers, it's an even fight. Grunts are so crappy and underpowered that Scouts is the only thing you see out of Banished. That doesn't mean they're OP. Overpowered =/= Overused.

All UNSC leaders should be viable just like Banished. It will take time, mainly because there are more UNSC leaders, so there's that. Cutter is not nerfed into the ground, it's just that there are OP leaders breaking the game, just wait til they fix those OP leaders and then you can make a judgement on the nerfs. But as I said before, the nerfs were absolutely justified. ODST still do a ton of damage to non-buildings, it's not like ODST are useless, on the contrary, they're still one of the best drops.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5