Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Cyclops is a terrible unit. Please send help.

OP XavieroftheWind

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
THEWALL766 wrote:
For 1s.

It's all in the title and I think we all agree that the only time these things arent terrible, is maxed out infantry level with shock rounds or crammed into a mastodon to keep them from dying from a sneeze.
Hunters are just much more effective at the job than these jobbers.
Cyclops are so low dps and health it is laughable. No one builds these. Because they're ineffective and made of paper.

Not to mention, few elite rangers will 100% destroy your cyclops attempt because they are very slightly overtuned.

Please throw these guys some love. This game has been rocky since the start but I believe we can get some real balance in there.
I made this a while back Cyclops Are Bad Units, things have not changed in 8 months.
Liar. We have buffed them multiple times. Just apparently not enough.
Postums wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
For 1s.

It's all in the title and I think we all agree that the only time these things arent terrible, is maxed out infantry level with shock rounds or crammed into a mastodon to keep them from dying from a sneeze.
Hunters are just much more effective at the job than these jobbers.
Cyclops are so low dps and health it is laughable. No one builds these. Because they're ineffective and made of paper.

Not to mention, few elite rangers will 100% destroy your cyclops attempt because they are very slightly overtuned.

Please throw these guys some love. This game has been rocky since the start but I believe we can get some real balance in there.
I made this a while back Cyclops Are Bad Units, things have not changed in 8 months.
Liar. We have buffed them multiple times. Just apparently not enough.
You are right, I didn't mean that as in "the cyclops hasn't been touched", I meant that more as in "the cyclops remains the unloved red headed step child of the UNSC Army"
Sarge: You've been selected for cyclops duty soldier. Come climb in your rig.
Marine: The big armoured battle suits that make me like a walking tank? Cool.
Sarge: errr, yeah thats right, the big battle suit.
Marine: It feels comfy sarge, light and mobile. I thought these used to be quite slow moving?
Sarge: Well we made a few changes, we added a big pea shooter and to make it move faster we took off all the heavy armour.
Marine: But isn't the armour whats going to keep me alive when taking on enemy vehicles?
Sarge: Orders just in, your up son go make me proud.
Marine: What just me on my own?
Sarge: Yeah, well these suits are pretty expensive, they cost a lot of energy and the commander can only afford one. Good luck.
Thank you for this.....Too funny, made my night :) have a good one Casctusman.

P.S completely agree, these need a buff.
I'll never stop making these threads about the forgotten balance issues. I really hope to see some patch ideas thrown around in the next season thread.

Maybe some Colony nerfs since that leader unit is a nigh invincible juggernaut that can now warp.

Also Johnson's leader unit still has a DESTRUCTIBLE Y ability and appears to be the single worst hero in the game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2