Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Dear Wolverines

OP HighProbability

Dear Wolverines,

I think you're swell. The kinda swell that adds flare to a firefight. You're voiceover and can-do attitude enables all who select you to do battle against TFF heavy air, light air, (any air units for that matter) feel secure that you blast the bloody swarms of game ending terror out of the sky.

I have one issue... ok, two issues with you though. And, they're kind of important. When I tell you to get your -Yoinks!- back to the terminus, to move, to go anywhere for that matter... kick it in high gear, drive well, and get there. I really have no patience for terrible drivers in what are supposed to be the primary air defense in TFF. When you dawdle about and finally get moving I'm very frustrated to see one or two of you get stuck driving into around and basically all over a turret... NO EXCUSES Wolves, drop and give me 30! That silly nonsense costs me AA units, precious defense forces to guard the Terminus. GET YOUR ACT (Driving skills) TOGETHER OR GET OUT OF THE CORE!

Second issue. A real hot button issue too. When you receive orders... YOU FOLLOW ORDERS! Don't go solo charging into the heavy air one or three at a time only to get solo'd out and destroyed instantly. WOLVERINES! We're dealing with enemy forces with 600% damage capability and 600% Health! Making a battle cry, "Le'ts show them what a wolverine can do!" and then charging in solo (apart from the group) to get blasted isn't showing anyone anything but you're ill-founded inability to follow orders! I understand taking initiative, but man, take initiative as a unit.

Thanks for listening to your commanding officer. I realize you might be a tad on the sensitive side, but I recognize your value and appreciate your service. Solving those two exceptionally painful flaws will go a long way to our successful defense of the Terminus. Because... I do know you can do great things Wolves. I really do.

Sincerely,

Temporary Field Commander
Professor Anders

P.S., Captain Cutter concurs with my observations and suggested course of action.
I actually dont know if to laugh or cry cuz this has happened to my wolvs sooo many times lile their ai decides to go bananas hahahah
I actually dont know if to laugh or cry cuz this has happened to my wolvs sooo many times lile their ai decides to go bananas hahahah
All units do stupid stuff like that. This game has terrible pathfinding.

Starcraft 2 which came out 7 years before Halo wars 2 has better pathfinding. Pretty embarrassing.

Starcraft 2 which came out 7 years before Halo wars 2 has better pathfinding. Pretty embarrassing.
More like terrible Pathfinder and more like the ubit ai ignore the situation and if going through death means faster to get to the point then they wil judt suicide

More like terrible Pathfinder and more like the ubit ai ignore the situation and if going through death means faster to get to the point then they wil judt suicide
Ignoring context like you described, sometimes they just randomly circle around before heading in the direction instructed. Is this more indicative of the low bar for 343i engineers or their rush to get games out and ignore quality?
Ok, while many of the follow-up comments are valid, it certainly wasn't my intent to stoke the community to bring up past issues with current issues. My post was merely to A) point out two of the Wolverine flaws so others are aware of this issue of precision, B) have a bit of fun, C) perhaps encourage some changes to AA units.

Thanks for the comments and context. And in response to Reiyurei007... yes, I too laugh and cry while watching those silly Wolves do everything else but what I ordered them to do.
You did actually bring up most of the core problems with wolverines in their current form, poor acceleration and a poor turning radius. I hope fixing those would help with path finding but you never really know. Turrets always seem to be a problem for halo wars games.
yeah no one is bashing you mate we just stating the infuriating moments when derpy wolvs has caused more harm than good so you gucci