Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Decimus Drop and Warload

OP ManmadeStream18

hey HW2 community got a question for all of you, right now balance wise the game is pretty stable. However there is 1 leader in particular that i believe seems to a bit too strong and that is deicums. From the info that ive gather in the most recent tournament deciums was pick around 60 % of the tournament. That in itself is a pretty huge number as it shows how powerful the top tier players consider deci. What i believe the reason why deci is pick often is because of 2 units the warlord and deci drop.

Warlord

As a hero unit hes pretty easy to deal with even with his second upgrade not so much of problem, however the issue comes to when boundless siphon comes online. He become a mediocre hero to a tanky unstoppable killing machine that can eat any anti infantry shots like its nothing. He becomes even more of an issue when he gets his last upgraded which is siphon in which his healing rate becomes even more ridiculous. Boundless siphion plus siphon is too much what i think should be done is that the warlord should not get boundless siphon or reduce the effectiveness of boundless siphon by either 1/3, 1/4, or 1/2. I do not want him to be useless but at the same time it shouldnt be " oh i just have to get boundless siphon then he lives forever".

Deciums Drop

Deci drop is a powerful power to pick up as it is a faster eradication for the same price which if kept alive is multiply eradication for free. As a 11 clock power there is not an issue. Good micro should be rewarded if you can keep him alive , however the problem starts when combined with boundless siphon he can eat as many if not more shots than the warlord. Combine these two units together with boundless siphon (warlord has a least his second upgraded) they become unstoppable ground force with just two units .For these reasons the best course of action would be to give deci drop the same treatment as mentioned earlier

Counters
For countering these two units a player has to invest quite a chunk into tec in order to properly counter these two units. For example unsc only real count is to build 8+ snipers that have all their upgrades which mean getting to tec 3, getting the upgrades, and building the unit (not even mentioning the amount of time need to do all of these action). For banished a level 3 chosen will do it or any leader with range. Another counter with banished is build 5 or more wraiths and scorch motoring them to death. Again this runs into the same problem as before in spending the power to get to tec 3 and building the units and getting the upgrades.

In conclusion something needs to be done about the warlord and deci drop the wrong course of action would be to nerfed them into the ground, but something needs to be done in order to effectively counter both of them while they are in play. Thank you guys for reading this what are someways you have dealt with deciums combo or do you guys think hes fine where hes at right now.
hey HW2 community got a question for all of you, right now balance wise the game is pretty stable. However there is 1 leader in particular that i believe seems to a bit too strong and that is deicums. From the info that ive gather in the most recent tournament deciums was pick around 60 % of the tournament. That in itself is a pretty huge number as it shows how powerful the top tier players consider deci. What i believe the reason why deci is pick often is because of 2 units the warlord and deci drop.

Warlord

As a hero unit hes pretty easy to deal with even with his second upgrade not so much of problem, however the issue comes to when boundless siphon comes online. He become a mediocre hero to a tanky unstoppable killing machine that can eat any anti infantry shots like its nothing. He becomes even more of an issue when he gets his last upgraded which is siphon in which his healing rate becomes even more ridiculous. Boundless siphion plus siphon is too much what i think should be done is that the warlord should not get boundless siphon or reduce the effectiveness of boundless siphon by either 1/3, 1/4, or 1/2. I do not want him to be useless but at the same time it shouldnt be " oh i just have to get boundless siphon then he lives forever".

Deciums Drop

Deci drop is a powerful power to pick up as it is a faster eradication for the same price which if kept alive is multiply eradication for free. As a 11 clock power there is not an issue. Good micro should be rewarded if you can keep him alive , however the problem starts when combined with boundless siphon he can eat as many if not more shots than the warlord. Combine these two units together with boundless siphon (warlord has a least his second upgraded) they become unstoppable ground force with just two units .For these reasons the best course of action would be to give deci drop the same treatment as mentioned earlier

Counters
For countering these two units a player has to invest quite a chunk into tec in order to properly counter these two units. For example unsc only real count is to build 8+ snipers that have all their upgrades which mean getting to tec 3, getting the upgrades, and building the unit (not even mentioning the amount of time need to do all of these action). For banished a level 3 chosen will do it or any leader with range. Another counter with banished is build 5 or more wraiths and scorch motoring them to death. Again this runs into the same problem as before in spending the power to get to tec 3 and building the units and getting the upgrades.

In conclusion something needs to be done about the warlord and deci drop the wrong course of action would be to nerfed them into the ground, but something needs to be done in order to effectively counter both of them while they are in play. Thank you guys for reading this what are someways you have dealt with deciums combo or do you guys think hes fine where hes at right now.
I really don't think that decimus drop should be touched because it is an 11 o clock power, and while powerful, is iften not picked over his boundless fury. I agree with the warlord being changed, but not them both, only because decimus is the ultimate unit and should be very powerful for the price of 1000 supplies and power

Warlord

Deciums Drop

Counters

I really don't think that decimus drop should be touched because it is an 11 o clock power, and while powerful, is iften not picked over his boundless fury. I agree with the warlord being changed, but not them both, only because decimus is the ultimate unit and should be very powerful for the price of 1000 supplies and power
i understand where you are coming from the problem arises when there is no real counter to both the gain a large amount of health when attacking. Not to mention that the minute you drop deci in it goes on cooldown
<p></p>

Warlord

Deciums Drop

Counters

i understand where you are coming from the problem arises when there is no real counter to both the gain a large amount of health when attacking. Not to mention that the minute you drop deci in it goes on cooldown
<p></p>
Well the issue is that the two on the ground are so hard to kill. In future patches, I'd like to see the warlord looked at first before touching on decimus drop, however, I understand why in the future, both might need to be looked at. But if I'm honest, the thing I dislike most about going against decimus isn't his heroes, it's his glassing beam three

Warlord

Deciums Drop

Counters

Well the issue is that the two on the ground are so hard to kill. In future patches, I'd like to see the warlord looked at first before touching on decimus drop, however, I understand why in the future, both might need to be looked at. But if I'm honest, the thing I dislike most about going against decimus isn't his heroes, it's his glassing beam three
Decimus won't even need GB3 if he kills you with Deci Drop (Which he usually does end the game with it)
I would be happy if he did not heal while running away.
It isn't just the two heros, he has the same problem as jerome, alot of deci lp's just straight up make his army better than yours. Just grunts alone become "tanky" with siphon and fury.

Having said that, yes the heros are too much. Especially as heros are pretty powerful right now, the warlord is like a hero sniper. Even if you have your own powerful hero he can negate them. Also they are so tanky with siphon you have to devote alot of effort to getting rid of them. Then two minutes later they're back.
Also this, siphon heals him out of combat.
This sounds like an issue for non 1v1's as it seems like a lot of higher tier upgrades are required, is that fair to say? Only recently started playing again.
Think the patch should be that deci drop doesn't go on cooldown until the deci hero is dead because its ridiculous that you can kill a deci and then they can just drop another right in.
Think the patch should be that deci drop doesn't go on cooldown until the deci hero is dead because its ridiculous that you can kill a deci and then they can just drop another right in.
Some things never change I guess.

Warlord

Deciums Drop

Counters

Umm, I don't know a top player who chooses boundless siphon over deci drop. That's a unit and a nuke all in one.
It isn't just the two heros, he has the same problem as jerome, alot of deci lp's just straight up make his army better than yours. Just grunts alone become "tanky" with siphon and fury.

Having said that, yes the heros are too much. Especially as heros are pretty powerful right now, the warlord is like a hero sniper. Even if you have your own powerful hero he can negate them. Also they are so tanky with siphon you have to devote alot of effort to getting rid of them. Then two minutes later they're back.
Also this, siphon heals him out of combat.
Thats what i what i was talking about
This sounds like an issue for non 1v1's as it seems like a lot of higher tier upgrades are required, is that fair to say? Only recently started playing again.
No, not just late game, his lp's can help him get ahead early too. There's vortex or killing frenzy first, both are good but vortex can stun small armies. Then you get siphon (the aoe activated version), after that there's glassing beam. These will at the very least help him get to the mid game. This is in 1v1.
Decimus is a pain. Those two units eat so much damage. I agree with OP. Also, he has CB3 and Vortex. Vortex is game changing early, CB1&2 are ridiculous mid game, and Deci Drop is ridiculous. It takes so much unit pop just to counter two units... not to mention the other units he feels like putting out there. If you get snipers on him, he can just vortex them all and kill them, or cleansing beam them and let the leaders mop up the rest of the army... only way to really deal with the leaders is to avoid them and try to hit bases while they are elsewhere.
DA Cleric wrote:
Decimus is a pain. Those two units eat so much damage. I agree with OP. Also, he has CB3 and Vortex. Vortex is game changing early, CB1&2 are ridiculous mid game, and Deci Drop is ridiculous. It takes so much unit pop just to counter two units... not to mention the other units he feels like putting out there. If you get snipers on him, he can just vortex them all and kill them, or cleansing beam them and let the leaders mop up the rest of the army... only way to really deal with the leaders is to avoid them and try to hit bases while they are elsewhere.
Deci has tele too. That can be difficult.
DA Cleric wrote:
so what your saying is he is even a better version of jerome fun also i dont know what to do when i am playing against a decent deciums even a high level one anything i do gets countered by either vortex or just goes tec for level 3 warlord its not fun to play against or play him
DA Cleric wrote:
so what your saying is he is even a better version of jerome fun also i dont know what to do when i am playing against a decent deciums even a high level one anything i do gets countered by either vortex or just goes tec for level 3 warlord its not fun to play against or play him
If you consult a physician about losing your breath or having sudden chaotic rages, that is normal against him or any of the noob friendly leaders in the game. The real issue is he is also very easy to use. Another example is atriox. His LPs and hero are really easy with the meta, especially because Flamers dont do their job well and AI turrets are OP for UNSC. he can get a choice of 4 different LPs that you cant know which he will use until its late. Very aggressive with CM with mines or go hero with JBs as a dud and go expo. Even if you go scouts, hero and CM rekts them. Forge and Anders are also great examples too.

This game has too much focus on leader powers over unit strength while at the same time never considering unit strengths. Hogs for example were not able to handle deci grunts just because of a passive or situations with a already borderline OP units which were enhanced by LP could make a unit nearly indestructable such as Cmd Jerome. Jerome Mantis made him untargetable to AI and anything that would hurt him he would outrun with ToH If you need leverage for kiting, Mines were a god send. If i had it my way, almost ever LP would receive a nerf but that way will never happen. I fear this game will never get balenced but one can forever hope.
What is the ideal leader wheel order with decimus?
What is the ideal leader wheel order with decimus?
Killing Frenzy --> Vortex --> Glassing Beam --> Boundless Siphon --> Decimus Drop --> Boundless Furry or Glassing Beam 2 --> whatever you want.