Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Decimus's vortex lightning is broken

OP Haynesworth92

I recently played a match between three decimus's and all of them immediately ran to my base with their grunts and all three vortex lightninged my power extractor and harvester destroying them at the start of the game. After fending them off I had nothing and was destroyed in practically a minute after by their jet pack brutes. Later I decided to try the strategy with my friends (I picked atriox by mistake) but even with just two decimus players out of three it was enough to destroy both his harvester and power extractor and leave his base in a crippled state, which I then destroyed with a couple jump pack brutes. This is broken and the damage of vortex light on buildings should be Nerfed extensively or this is going to mess up the meta.
I recently played a match between three decimus's and all of them immediately ran to my base with their grunts and all three vortex lightninged my power extractor and harvester destroying them at the start of the game. After fending them off I had nothing and was destroyed in practically a minute after by their jet pack brutes. Later I decided to try the strategy with my friends (I picked atriox by mistake) but even with just two decimus players out of three it was enough to destroy both his harvester and power extractor and leave his base in a crippled state, which I then destroyed with a couple jump pack brutes. This is broken and the damage of vortex light on buildings should be Nerfed extensively or this is going to mess up the meta.
Well my friend tbh this strat is nothing new and if they have done it like that to you then it was poorly executet. If done right you can destroy a base by the 1:30 mark with 9 grunts and triple vortex.
And yes vortex building damage should be nerft.
I'm surprised this hasn't taken over ranked it seems broken. Are there any counters or punishes to it?
I'm surprised this hasn't taken over ranked it seems broken. Are there any counters or punishes to it?
Yea it doesnt work against good teams that cordnate heal and counter. Build 2 suics and 2 engys. Go with johnson push armory first then go heal. Go anders with heal. Your team also has about the same starting units, dont let them get to the base. Theres tons of things you can do. Build a turret off the bat and upgrade it. Dont build any more pads as they come and buy an expo and double base off the rip(did that once in customs to guys trying it while tm went engys and choppers while third quick teched to triple pump hogs as izzy with aa. Its not broken and it doesnt need to be nerfed
Counters yes but only when you play in a team that talks with each other. Just kill them with your marines/grunts. You can punish them by playing aggressive and gain map control. The problem with this rush is that it doesn't punish their eco to hard so they easily can build them self up.
Ruzylo wrote:
Yea it doesnt work against good teams that cordnate heal and counter. Build 2 suics and 2 engys. Go with johnson push armory first then go heal. Go anders with heal. Your team also has about the same starting units, dont let them get to the base. Theres tons of things you can do. Build a turret off the bat and upgrade it. Dont build any more pads as they come and buy an expo and double base off the rip(did that once in customs to guys trying it while tm went engys and choppers while third quick teched to triple pump hogs as izzy with aa. Its not broken and it doesnt need to be nerfed
Well 90% of this things won't work my friend because we are talking about the first minute, they normally show up around the 45sec mark. Beside that if you use you're heal or upgrade a turret your eco will have a big disadvantage too. If you go hero first you can say good bye at this point of the game because your eco will be more then crippled.
So just pumping marines or grunts will do it, and then when you beat the rush just use your heal, get engis or something else. Triple vortex alone don't destroy a base
AcE Hisoka wrote:
Ruzylo wrote:
Well 90% of this things won't work my friend because we are talking about the first minute, they normally show up around the 45sec mark. Beside that if you use you're heal or upgrade a turret your eco will have a big disadvantage too. If you go hero first you can say good bye at this point of the game because your eco will be more then crippled.
So just pumping marines or grunts will do it, and then when you beat the rush just use your heal, get engis or something else. Triple vortex alone don't destroy a base
Its about the pads they dont care about taking the base. Its about making it a 2v3 right off the bat. If they fail to do that, then thats that. Plenty of things would work against it, and if theyre using a lp right off the bat then you can also. And yes, you can go apex engy supply supply gen. With your tms starting units and microing the engys youll negate the vortexs and give them a bigger cost loss.