Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Decimus vortex.

OP Moosejavian

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Similarly to the Kinsano turret drop, the decimus vortex needs to be bumped up a tier. It is absolute -Yoink- they get it right off the bat. The vortex plus a chopper rush is way to good. Lets be real, the chopper rush is hard enough to defend, but in the case you do build up a large enough squad the vortex will kill marines 75% while the chopper roast them while they are stunned.
There should not be offensive leader power in tier 1 or 2!
so much whinning on these forums.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not stat-flame others.

Spoiler:
Show
I wouldn't be totally opposed to it moving down to a tier 2 ability.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not stat-flame others.

Spoiler:
Show
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
so much whinning on these forums.
This is not constructive criticism, nor is it productive banter. You should be whining seeing as you are diamond, and just about everyone on the forums is a higher rank than you. Do not comment on posts unless you have something productive you say.
that funny considering your high csr rank is 1700, and from the looks of recent forims thats a glitched rank.

i also have 70% win ratio with 25% atreox and decimis leaving 38% for the other 4 leasers while you have an astounding 50% as atreox in team war and by the looks of it you dont even play decimis so yeah how would you know right. the truth is you dont get to have or deserve the chance of having any opinion on.a foreign leader you dont even play.

you say my highest is diamon well i tell you i am a very good player lots of people i see every day in team war can contest to that. the only reason i dont do ranked 3s or 2s i have no team, cause usually i get mad when someone loses us the game over a dumb.idea. if i cared about 1s ranked i could get champ easily.

now for some critism, i agree vortex is really strong early on but again everyone who says decimis vortex chopper is op is delusional. decimis is not op, choppers are where the jack rabbits use to be therefore its a big problem. making the ram result in taking additional damage is the only answer plus lowering there health by id say 25%.
Again, this is not constructive. You are average at best, and rather than just being neutral and open to helping other you are attempting to be a voice of authority. I have played as Decimus, however regardless of who you play as you are still able to think rationally. It is alright to disagree, but can you please rationalize an offensive tier one leader ability?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
so much whinning on these forums.
This is not constructive criticism, nor is it productive banter. You should be whining seeing as you are diamond, and just about everyone on the forums is a higher rank than you. Do not comment on posts unless you have something productive you say.
I would just to address the fact that this is my post, and I have asked nicely several times to keep the comments on topic. I would kindly disagree, however if you have any other accounts that would like to chive in I would invite them as well. Seeing as you are not contributing to the topic, I am simply reporting you guys anyways.
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
Those are some valid points that I agree with. I mentioned them earlier. I don't appreciate being called delusional because I think they are over powered, and think its weird you contradicted yourself by then admitting they are over powered and should be slightly nerfed. None the less, we are in agreement about less health and more damage taken from rams.
I made a thread with the same issue and had nothing but jerks go off topic. This place is a joke sometimes.
I can actually get behind this one. I feel like it should really be tier 3; the damage it does is devastating to low HP units. It wipes any and all infantry way too easily for it's cost.
I can actually get behind this one. I feel like it should really be tier 3; the damage it does is devastating to low HP units. It wipes any and all infantry way too easily for it's cost.
See, I don't get this about a lot of players here. They see that a leader has one or two things going for them and they want to nerf them. In this case, decimus and vortex.

Once vortex is used and goes on cooldown, what does decimus have? .... exactly. Siphon is alright, killing frenzy doesn't last too long, glassing beam is only decent against infantry, etc.

Decimus has no unit drops and only two leader powers that can cause damage, only one of which is exclusive to him.

Decimus NEEDS that early aggression. It's what made him go from bottom tier to a viable pick. Now that he has presence if doesn't mean we just send him back to where he came from.

It's just a trend I see on the forums. You guys seemingly want everyone to be equally useless whereas the goal should be the opposite. Some leaders excel in the early, mid, or late game. Decimus is early game for one reason - vortex. Take that and he's useless.
I can actually get behind this one. I feel like it should really be tier 3; the damage it does is devastating to low HP units. It wipes any and all infantry way too easily for it's cost.
See, I don't get this about a lot of players here. They see that a leader has one or two things going for them and they want to nerf them. In this case, decimus and vortex.

Once vortex is used and goes on cooldown, what does decimus have? .... exactly. Siphon is alright, killing frenzy doesn't last too long, glassing beam is only decent against infantry, etc.

Decimus has no unit drops and only two leader powers that can cause damage, only one of which is exclusive to him.

Decimus NEEDS that early aggression. It's what made him go from bottom tier to a viable pick. Now that he has presence if doesn't mean we just send him back to where he came from.

It's just a trend I see on the forums. You guys seemingly want everyone to be equally useless whereas the goal should be the opposite. Some leaders excel in the early, mid, or late game. Decimus is early game for one reason - vortex. Take that and he's useless.
The point is no one should have a T1 power that devastating. Look at Johnson, I get to choose between health aura or increased sight. How does that match up? What about Forge? Kinsano drops 1 flamethrower. Vortex kills almost every infranty troop or takes them to almost death AND stuns them. T2 at most this ability should be. Or give everyone an offensive T1 power to choose.
I can actually get behind this one. I feel like it should really be tier 3; the damage it does is devastating to low HP units. It wipes any and all infantry way too easily for it's cost.
See, I don't get this about a lot of players here. They see that a leader has one or two things going for them and they want to nerf them. In this case, decimus and vortex.

Once vortex is used and goes on cooldown, what does decimus have? .... exactly. Siphon is alright, killing frenzy doesn't last too long, glassing beam is only decent against infantry, etc.

Decimus has no unit drops and only two leader powers that can cause damage, only one of which is exclusive to him.

Decimus NEEDS that early aggression. It's what made him go from bottom tier to a viable pick. Now that he has presence if doesn't mean we just send him back to where he came from.

It's just a trend I see on the forums. You guys seemingly want everyone to be equally useless whereas the goal should be the opposite. Some leaders excel in the early, mid, or late game. Decimus is early game for one reason - vortex. Take that and he's useless.
I agree very much here. If you take vortex away then you simply have to wait until tier 2/3 for any of his leader powers to really be worth playing as him. I think he needs Vortex early to feel like you have a decent chance against any strong early pushes.

With that said I think Decimus is great once you have boundless siphon, fury and killing frenzy all together.
Similarly to the Kinsano turret drop, the decimus vortex needs to be bumped up a tier. It is absolute -Yoink- they get it right off the bat. The vortex plus a chopper rush is way to good. Lets be real, the chopper rush is hard enough to defend, but in the case you do build up a large enough squad the vortex will kill marines 75% while the chopper roast them while they are stunned.
There should not be offensive leader power in tier 1 or 2!
do you ever not complain about this game
the vortex only lasts a few seconds and having it level 2 isn't even worth it early game sense it cost 300 power
uhhhxDEATH wrote:
Similarly to the Kinsano turret drop, the decimus vortex needs to be bumped up a tier. It is absolute -Yoink- they get it right off the bat. The vortex plus a chopper rush is way to good. Lets be real, the chopper rush is hard enough to defend, but in the case you do build up a large enough squad the vortex will kill marines 75% while the chopper roast them while they are stunned.
There should not be offensive leader power in tier 1 or 2!
do you ever not complain about this game
the vortex only lasts a few seconds and having it level 2 isn't even worth it early game sense it cost 300 power
Its very worth it early game. It will completely haunt any timing attack that happens prior the 6-7 minute mark by itself.
There's a way to beat everything, probably rush tier 2 and turrets just to hold out.
Zemidek wrote:
There's a way to beat everything, probably rush tier 2 and turrets just to hold out.
You have just lost then. You will have no hooks and no mini bases. You will be so far behind in eco and army size. I have never ever seen a turtle win in wars 2.

this power with choppers is a joke. If Decimus plays unsc it's a win. Freezing your units and hitting them with coppers that early in the game is way too powerful. You should not be able to win a game by 6 min mark to some leader power.

anyone that says you can survive is a joke. You are so far behind in build to any decent player that used it that you can't recover in most cases. That one time in 6 matches you did it doesn't matter.
uhhhxDEATH wrote:
Similarly to the Kinsano turret drop, the decimus vortex needs to be bumped up a tier. It is absolute -Yoink- they get it right off the bat. The vortex plus a chopper rush is way to good. Lets be real, the chopper rush is hard enough to defend, but in the case you do build up a large enough squad the vortex will kill marines 75% while the chopper roast them while they are stunned.
There should not be offensive leader power in tier 1 or 2!
do you ever not complain about this game
the vortex only lasts a few seconds and having it level 2 isn't even worth it early game sense it cost 300 power
It is weird that so many people agree that is an issue, however yes I do complain allot. Without complaining or criticism there would be no progress.
I can actually get behind this one. I feel like it should really be tier 3; the damage it does is devastating to low HP units. It wipes any and all infantry way too easily for it's cost.
See, I don't get this about a lot of players here. They see that a leader has one or two things going for them and they want to nerf them. In this case, decimus and vortex.

Once vortex is used and goes on cooldown, what does decimus have? .... exactly. Siphon is alright, killing frenzy doesn't last too long, glassing beam is only decent against infantry, etc.

Decimus has no unit drops and only two leader powers that can cause damage, only one of which is exclusive to him.

Decimus NEEDS that early aggression. It's what made him go from bottom tier to a viable pick. Now that he has presence if doesn't mean we just send him back to where he came from.

It's just a trend I see on the forums. You guys seemingly want everyone to be equally useless whereas the goal should be the opposite. Some leaders excel in the early, mid, or late game. Decimus is early game for one reason - vortex. Take that and he's useless.
Decimuss' late game is good af, are you kidding me? Build nothing but banshees and shrouds, and with passive siphon and dropped siphon, it is an army to be careful against no matter who you are. But back to the OP, VORTEX IS EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED, not even Kinsanos turret would incapacitate 8 marines while killing 5 and leaving the other 3 to be obliterated by rams from 6 choppers. And you say Decimus needs Vortex because if you took that away he has nothing? Well leave Vortex in the overpowered state that it is, and try to defend a rush from Decimus then you will have NOTHING, because Vortex will literally wipe out any meager army you can get up in 3 minutes, then after your army gets wiped from 1 leader power that units can in no way, shape, or form escape, then what do you have left to defend yourself from lets say 6 choppers, which is an understatement because 7/10 times there will be more choppers than that. 90% of the time if you are playing against decimus, people will invest 2 leader points in an already overpowered power. All in all it needs to be brought down a notch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2