Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] Design Feedback : Blitz

OP ske7ch

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
UPDATE: After many months of feedback it's time to retire this thread. Thank you to everyone for sharing feedback over the months and helping the game team get valuable input.
As of today a new thread is created, "Game Feedback! August 1st" - please use this to provide CURRENT feedback on Halo Wars 2. thanks!

Do you have design-related feedback regarding the Halo Wars 2 Blitz (Regular & Firefight) ? If so, please share it here!

The types of Blitz feedback the team is looking for includes:
  1. Leaders & abilities
  2. Unit balance (too weak? too powerful? too expensive? etc...)
  3. AI difficulty / effectiveness
  4. Map design
  5. Overall game mode mechanics
Please provide as much detail as possible including whether you're playing PVP Blitz or Blitz Firefight.

Please note this thread is for Blitz feedback only.

Design feedback on campaign and multiplayer (Deathmatch, Domination, and Strongholds) can be shared in their respective threads in this forum.

Bugs or issues should be reported in the Support forum.

thank you!
Blitz Firefight needs to, at the very least, reward exp.

Also, it needs matchmaking.

And I think it'd be nice if Energy worked like it did in regular Blitz. By that, I mean it slowly regens, but gathering energy cores increases the rate.
make blitz matchmaking not pay to win thanks
Units don't respond when they're on Charlie. I'll leave a few there and then when I try to move them they won't respond and won't engage enemies either. Additionally, some of my units will disappear entirely without a reason. I'll leave a few Grizzlies back at home base away from all enemies or in the back and they just vanish without getting attacked.

Needs the ability to add AI in Custom Games the way it says it does.

Different gametypes within Blitz like a tower defense similar to the campaign missions like "Hold the Line".

Edit: As someone mentioned below, there needs to be some type of reward for Firefight. It should have its own set of challenges and some type of XP system based on waves completed.
When the squad leader moves in the menu it kicks everyone to the same screen
Standard Hellbringers.... Either they need a buff or maybe make them a mob card similar to "Grunt Mob"

For me... I can't seem to keep mine alive or do enough damage to justify the cost (I know it's the cheapest unit). These guys are pretty much meat shields bred for sacrifice. Hellbringers do well in standard play but they get out classed quickly in blitz
Locusts are still too powerful considering if you have both locust cards you can make 2 per cycle. They need a better counter, more vulnerable to air units.
Hey Team!

I think biltz atleast 3 maps in rotation minimum! Blitz is definitely a fun game mode though it can get boring quick on just one map. Adding two more maps will atleast allow for a variety of strategies and experiences !
hello 343i ❤

blood fuel grunts is very cheap and 3, dont died for my scorpion, this broken all system of paper,rock...
How do leader powers work anyway
1.The blitz firefight has no reward,please add XP reward for each 5 or 10 waves.
2.The reactive units group with 2 or 3 support units is too overpowered.it cost you too much to destroy it vs It's relatively low energy cost.
I would really like at least SOME XP for blitz firefight. At the very least SOME!!!! Same thing with skirmish
you should be able to teleport scarabs
People can cycle through the deck only to build locusts, bloodfuel locusts, and the occasional blisterback or reaver, and put them all on the ridge between the two caps (B and C?). When they do this they're practically invincible. I think the best solution would be raising the locusts' costs (especially the bloodfuel's) rather than nerfing unit cycling, as that would kill decks such as sentinel or infantry focused ones.
DougieBone wrote:
Standard Hellbringers.... Either they need a buff or maybe make them a mob card similar to "Grunt Mob"

For me... I can't seem to keep mine alive or do enough damage to justify the cost (I know it's the cheapest unit). These guys are pretty much meat shields bred for sacrifice. Hellbringers do well in standard play but they get out classed quickly in blitz
That is very true they are Anti-Infantry but yet they die so fast it is cheap card but even Marines last longer for just 10 more points. They need more life since the upgraded once do have blast for 60. Maybe just a buff in damage and 1 more clip of Health. That would be perfect.
Hey Team!

I think biltz atleast 3 maps in rotation minimum! Blitz is definitely a fun game mode though it can get boring quick on just one map. Adding two more maps will atleast allow for a variety of strategies and experiences !
True more maps would be so good to really cause we have the current map down to the tee when it comes to it becomes that you have to run for the hill if not your dead.
I agree with more Blitz maps. I played the Beta and was sure hoping to have a slight change of scene. Need to get the disconnecting and deployment bugs out first though prior to expansion.
I am not sure if this belongs in the Blitz area, but it happened while playing Blitz.

Today, I started to play Blitz and was Level 7 and was about 400 points away or so from leveling up. After playing, I leveled up and it said I had packs to unlock. I had also completed a Daily Challenge and sure enough, I had 2 packs, 1 for the Challenge and 1 for the Level up. As I continued doing the Dailies which I used Blitz mode, I was Level 8 with only like 200 points. I completed the Blitz fight and it said I leveled up and was awarded another Blitz pack, of course there was none since this is glitch. So I continue to play 4 more Blitz matches and after every single one the game tells me I leveled up and awarded Blitz pack and I did check know they would not be their, but the fact that the game keeps telling me after every blitz match that I leveled up is a bug and should be reported.
Hawk269 wrote:
I am not sure if this belongs in the Blitz area, but it happened while playing Blitz.

Today, I started to play Blitz and was Level 7 and was about 400 points away or so from leveling up. After playing, I leveled up and it said I had packs to unlock. I had also completed a Daily Challenge and sure enough, I had 2 packs, 1 for the Challenge and 1 for the Level up. As I continued doing the Dailies which I used Blitz mode, I was Level 8 with only like 200 points. I completed the Blitz fight and it said I leveled up and was awarded another Blitz pack, of course there was none since this is glitch. So I continue to play 4 more Blitz matches and after every single one the game tells me I leveled up and awarded Blitz pack and I did check know they would not be their, but the fact that the game keeps telling me after every blitz match that I leveled up is a bug and should be reported.
I feel that every time this happens 343 should award a pack. Not sure how they would of captured it but I would be level 36 according to this message. 3 seems to be the number of times it happens after I level up.
Hawk269 wrote:
Bugs or issues should be reported in the Support forum.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22