Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Design Feedback : Blitz

OP ske7ch

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. ...
  6. 22
Apache117X wrote:
I love Blitz, it's a great way to have a quick game with friends. However, I have found that new players are at quite a disadvantage when it comes to levelling. It's great when you play people around your level, but there is a significant difference between level 2 and level 13 Marines. This may push new players out of the Blitz areas and thus impact the player base is a severe way, especially when you consider how many other multiplayer games there are.
Unit levels become irrelevant when units make it to level 6. The number of cards needed to level up jumps to 10 and you only get a 2.5% buff in stats. Do your challenges and everyone will get there because there is virtually no difference between a level 6 unit and a level 22 unit. I know this from experience
Apache117X wrote:
I love Blitz, it's a great way to have a quick game with friends. However, I have found that new players are at quite a disadvantage when it comes to levelling. It's great when you play people around your level, but there is a significant difference between level 2 and level 13 Marines. This may push new players out of the Blitz areas and thus impact the player base is a severe way, especially when you consider how many other multiplayer games there are.
Unit levels become irrelevant when units make it to level 6. The number of cards needed to level up jumps to 10 and you only get a 2.5% buff in stats. Do your challenges and everyone will get there because there is virtually no difference between a level 6 unit and a level 22 unit. I know this from experience
Yeah, but that's not what I was taking about. I'm talking about very new players being bashed every game they play by units that are almost unbeatable in an even fight...
Apache117X wrote:
Apache117X wrote:
I love Blitz, it's a great way to have a quick game with friends. However, I have found that new players are at quite a disadvantage when it comes to levelling. It's great when you play people around your level, but there is a significant difference between level 2 and level 13 Marines. This may push new players out of the Blitz areas and thus impact the player base is a severe way, especially when you consider how many other multiplayer games there are.
Unit levels become irrelevant when units make it to level 6. The number of cards needed to level up jumps to 10 and you only get a 2.5% buff in stats. Do your challenges and everyone will get there because there is virtually no difference between a level 6 unit and a level 22 unit. I know this from experience
Yeah, but that's not what I was taking about. I'm talking about very new players being bashed every game they play by units that are almost unbeatable in an even fight...
Only thing you can really do is get in an unrannked blitz match and message people for tips and advice
no one uses enduring or trooper units in this game. (Units that drop out of other units like trooper hornet or enduring bliterback) units that come out of enduring and trooper vehicles should come out the same level as the carrying vehicle. Like if you had a level 4 trooper hornet the units that come out of that hornet should also be level 4 instead of level 1. The cost for these cards just aren't worth it and level 1 units pretty much die instantly
Can we have

3v3 BLITZ RANKED

back?

It would be just awesome with all the new leaders and new tactics!!

#3v3BLITZRanked
TYRELL zx wrote:
Can we have

3v3 BLITZ RANKEDback?

It would be just awesome with all the new leaders and new tactics!!

#3v3BLITZRanked
Please bring it back
A few things on my mind for a wish list:

SPECTATOR MODE: Please bring a spectator mode for Halo Wars Blitz, so that matched could be streamed and hosted easily.

FAVOURITE COLOR: When you matched against an opponent(s) you get randomly selected a side color. Make it possible that squad members within a team can choose their colors (red/yellow/orange) for team red for example. I personally like yellow for example, would like to put it as my favourite color option in the options selection.

NEW MAPS: Also including map related individual things, like barricades, walls etc. Why not integrate a few things in Blitz in general of the new Firefight mode?

3v3 RANKED: Please bring it back.

• Balancing:
- Increase costs of Bunkers from 40 to 60
- Nerf the Glassing Beam
- Decrease AoE of Jumppack Brutes
Nerf shockwave and conduit of rage both last too long.
Klunk NZ wrote:
Nerf shockwave and conduit of rage both last too long.
#agree

But shockwave isnt really an issue für Shipmaster... as many many other things. #tele
Apache117X wrote:
I love Blitz, it's a great way to have a quick game with friends. However, I have found that new players are at quite a disadvantage when it comes to levelling. It's great when you play people around your level, but there is a significant difference between level 2 and level 13 Marines. This may push new players out of the Blitz areas and thus impact the player base is a severe way, especially when you consider how many other multiplayer games there are.
Unit levels become irrelevant when units make it to level 6. The number of cards needed to level up jumps to 10 and you only get a 2.5% buff in stats. Do your challenges and everyone will get there because there is virtually no difference between a level 6 unit and a level 22 unit. I know this from experience
I disagree, to an extent. You're a top 10 player Reddude, so it may not be much of a difference for you, and yes strategy and skill are the biggest keys to success, but being level 5-7 with most units gets wiped out by level 9-12 units. Also, the descrepency in levels is very much apparent when using leader powers. Having a lower glassing beam is nearly worthless when countered with a siphon field or atriox bulwark. Vice versa, a lower SF or AB offers very little protection against a higher level eradication or glassing beam.
I feel there is no point of even having Firefight as s gametype unless you add matchmaking to it, no one ever plays it because not everyone has people to play it with. So what I'm trying to say is Firefight needs matchmaking, otherwise it's just a waste.
If tryrell had his way everyone would be forced to play atriox and possibly arby and blitz would die.
Klunk NZ wrote:
If tryrell had his way everyone would be forced to play atriox and possibly arby and blitz would die.
:DD
UPDATE: After many months of feedback it's time to retire this thread. Thank you to everyone for sharing feedback over the months and helping the game team get valuable input.
As of today a new thread is created, "Game Feedback! August 1st" - please use this to provide CURRENT feedback on Halo Wars 2. thanks!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. ...
  6. 22