2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 22
The game play for counters on the Locus would be to limit its range or increase its cost or Nerf the damage so that people don't span.
The game play for counters on the Locus would be to limit its range or increase its cost or Nerf the damage so that people don't span.
the locus are fine, they can get destroyed quick if you know what your doing
I've got a few issues with blitz.

-The maps are a little too tight, depriving players of certain strategies and tactics. Forcing a player to move to one location to be able to neutralize a target or secure an objective is pointless when the enemy is never more 3 seconds away.

-Being able to teleport units into the map immediately gives too much of an advantage to the player who has the advantage. Being able to deploy them at will, without having to worry about their security in a temporarily weakened state, anywhere on the map ensures that player in a better position stand almost no chance of loosing it.

-That brings me to the next point. Ultimately, blitz is too one sided. The player who takes the advantage in the very beginning almost always takes the win because of the reasons stated above. They know exactly then where the enemy will be and will have all the resources to handle it. So, the game is then no longer about strategy; it might as well just end after a player takes the first major engagement.

So, the solution would be, have larger maps, deployment only from a starting location. On unit deployment: I would say that there could be alternative methods of deployment such as deployment zones that could be captured (much like a power node) this way even if an enemy controlled all of the points, one could still try to restrict the inflow of enemies; a different strategy. and with a wider playing field, the enemy would have to be more selective with how they defend their territory. Also pelican transports (and other variations for covenant) should be a leader power rather than a card.
A lot I agree with the Maps need to be a bit Bigger so that counter attacks can be really though about, and when graying out the map make mike deathmatch, cant see them until you scout so being in one spot would be bad you'd have to spread out to make a good counter and matches may end up lasting longer,
Spartans in Blitz need to be reworked.

NOTHING is fair about dropping a heavy hero unit that can tank many other units easily but the second the spartan hits the ground can take over something like a vulture or a grizzly.

Here is what happen. In blitz, enemy player dropped a spartan on a point I had full control over, took over my vulture instantly after landing. Ok I thought kinda of cheap but whatever, maybe he only has one use. Regroup and build a new army to counter the vulture with a spartan in it. Took down the vulture, BAM full health'd spartan taking on a grizzly, forge warhog, another vulture, and a few infantry units. Second his shields went down he jumped and took over the full health grizzle. AWESOME. Then after painfully firefighting the grizzle in 1 non-stop battle spartan is out, tanking the vulture and whats left, and bam took the damn vulture.

WHAT IS FAIR ABOUT THAT!? It was cheap crap like this that made me stop playing Halo Wars 1 in the first place. Two players in Halo Wars 1 went all anti-infantry as cove, even got a damn arbiter out, and we went to try to wreck and enemy early on. Nope. Their Arbiter countered 5 groups of anti-infantry (the things that counter him) and another arbiter like it was nothing because he used his powerup and burned through income. Crap like this ruins games. Please fix spartans to get half health from being blown out of a vehicle they took or only allow them to take over 1 thing per life because being able to just rip a 140 eng cost unit then another 140 eng unit is just cheap.

I will not be playing any more blitz, or dropping a hundred dollars on cards like I wanted to, until Spartans get nerfed. Even though I am 12 games with 9 wins this is just way to cheap. Honestly, I'm more than sure Locust are also stupidly cheap and need a bit of a nerf. My friend I play with only spawns them and literally just constantly trolls points with them due to their high focus damage and long range, when the enemy starts moving towards them he just pulls them back still dealing damage as he moves. is This is counterable but at great cost and luck. Either use a power that drops bombs/lasers on them, or get a ton of speedy units that are mostly going to get wreck before they get to them. I can't tell you how easy it is to build up a locus army then start just wrecking the other team, even if they have 100 points on the board, and still win.
I do agree they need a Nerf I've never come across a Spartan like that but yea I do agree that is way too strong.
Pay to win- is breaking the game.
Level 6 cards can basically ignore combat fatigue.
Pay to win Needs to be CUT. To win more cards make more daily challenges to make up for it & make Weekly challenges longer or harder with a bigger reward like 3 packs I finish all weekly challenges in 1 morning give or take. It's a weekly come on now.
Make it longer to finish like 25 matches or something and the reward is 3 Rare Pack with Rare cards inside. The ability to get more cards is fun every level up you get one plus daily challenges that's 4 packs per day if you level up.
Halo Wars 2 Blitz NEEDS to have a option to name your card deck. I'm always picking the wrong deck because I have a FireFight deck and a MatchMaking deck so it would be a cool feature to have a option to name your Blitz card deck.
ske7ch wrote:
Do you have design-related feedback regarding the Halo Wars 2 Blitz (Regular & Firefight) ? If so, please share it here!

The types of Blitz feedback the team is looking for includes:
  1. Leaders & abilities
  2. Unit balance (too weak? too powerful? too expensive? etc...)
  3. AI difficulty / effectiveness
  4. Map design
  5. Overall game mode mechanics
Please provide as much detail as possible including whether you're playing PVP Blitz or Blitz Firefight.

Please note this thread is for Blitz feedback only.Design feedback on campaign and multiplayer (Deathmatch, Domination, and Strongholds) can be shared in their respective threads in this forum.

Bugs or issues should be reported in the Support forum.

thank you!
Halo Wars 2 Blitz NEEDS to have a option to name your card deck. I'm always picking the wrong deck because I have a FireFight deck and a MatchMaking deck so it would be a cool feature to have a option to name your Blitz card deck.
I think it would be good for the overall flow of Blitz to change/tweak these things:

• Add at least 3 more Blitz maps.
  • Make an additional game mode for Blitz which has a score limit of 300 instead of 200 or change the score limit to 300 in regular Blitz. Because the games feel a bit to short. Give people a bit longer to make a comeback.
  • Decrease the round timer from 15 seconds to 5 seconds.
  • Fix the issue where units are stuck and can't move or attack any longer.
  • Fix the issue where units don't go to the point at the map where you send them, but drive circles for no reason.
  • Fix the issue where you start the game with the leader you chose, but have the starting units and deck of an entirely different leader.
  • Reward players with XP in Blitz Firefight.
  • Increase the unit cap in Blitz Firefight from 30 to 45.
  • Make it so that players receive energy the same way in Blitz Firefight as in regular Blitz.
  • Increase the amount of XP received after a match of Blitz to 400XP if you win and 200XP if you lose.
  • Tweak the amounts of energy that certain powerful units cost.
  • Buff the health and damage output of the Hellbringers (every category).
  • Buff the health and damage output of the Grunts (every category).
  • Buff the health and damage output of the Elite Rangers (every category).
  • Buff the health and damage output of the Warthogs (every category).
  • Buff the health and damage output of the Jackrabbits (every category).
  • Increase health siphon rate and damage output of Extractor Marines and decrease their score from 50 to 30.
  • Increase health and damage output of Reactive Marines and decrease their score from 50 to 30.
  • Increase health siphon rate of Blood-Fuel Grunts and increase their damage output.
  • Remove the fog of war. Make it so that the map is totally black and only the 3 objectives and your own base are shown on the map. The fog will clear when you discover the map.
  • Balance the hill between objective B and C.
  • Add a game mode where we can play regular Blitz vs the AI. Not survival like Blitz Firefight, but just regular Blitz but then vs the AI. With XP rewards ofcourse corresponding to the chosen difficulty.
  • Add the option to name your Blitz decks.
  • Change Blitz Firefight to the point where you can choose your difficulty beforehand (Easy, Normal, Heroic, Legendary or Mythic), instead of making it harder after each x amount of waves. Change the XP rewards corresponding to the played difficulty.
  • Add a daily login Blitz pack for everyone (like the daily login REQ packs in Halo 5: Guardians).
  • And maybe add double XP weekends in a later stage of the game.
I really enjoy Blitz, but I would enjoy it even more if you would read my feedback ske7ch. And if these points would get fixed.
Thank you for reading and if anyone has any feedback regarding mine. I would be pleased to read and respond to that too!
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, however, we REALLY need to Re-Evaluate the ability "Eradication". This, costing 150 energy, with the ability to wipe armies that cost 1000-1500+ energy with effortless ease.
Also, a detailed numerical stat breakdown for values of Blitz cards would be fantastic.

Example : We level up Blisterbacks from lv 2 to lv 3, have it state maybe 25dmg --> 30 dmg

As well as granting us a detailed table breakdown for HP, Damage, Speed, etc for all units.

Also, creating a "Player Store" and implement a currency via energy, where we can buy and sell cards with one another.
(Expanding on this game)

It seems to be lacking in substance compared to other big Halo titles
I think it would be good for the overall flow of Blitz to change/tweak these things:
  • Add at least 3 more Blitz maps.
It is known that DLC's will give new blitz maps so be patience.
  • Make an additional game mode for Blitz which has a score limit of 300 instead of 200 or change the score limit to 300 in regular Blitz. Because the games feel a bit to short. Give people a bit longer to make a comeback.
Agree on this 200 is to short.
  • Decrease the round timer from 15 seconds to 5 seconds.
I also agree with this, but maybe a bit longer, I think the reason why it is 15 seconds is to get everyone in game synced and let people do the things they are doing and get ready in the 15 seconds
  • Fix the issue where units are stuck and can't move or attack any longer.
This is pathfinding which is commonly known in RTS game's. But still I agree where some of my units are stuck or are using a different path instead of the short one.
  • Fix the issue where units don't go to the point at the map where you send them, but drive circles for no reason.
See response above.
  • Fix the issue where you start the game with the leader you chose, but have the starting units and deck of an entirely different leader.
This have to do with last second of loading the game, if you are taking to long and select your leader at the last minute, the game will choose your favorite leader and deck. You can change this by going to your deck and select your deck as favorite you want to use.
  • Reward players with XP in Blitz Firefight.
Firefight as basicly a custom game, so if they ad xp I dont want it to be the same or more then normal matches of blitz, except if you hit certain mile-points like wave 50. This can give you some bonus xp.
  • Increase the unit cap in Blitz Firefight from 30 to 45.
I dont agree with this, I dont want this game mode a spam your strongest unit game type. so 30 is fine for me.
  • Make it so that players receive energy the same way in Blitz Firefight as in regular Blitz.
Blitz FF is a hold the line gametype, if you have energy on the otherside of the map and you are playing solo. Well you know where I'm going with this.
  • Increase the amount of XP received after a match of Blitz to 400XP if you win and 200XP if you lose.
Agree
  • Tweak the amounts of energy that certain powerful units cost.
Some of the units yes we dont want for example the spartan be 60 Energy. These stronger units are named power units for a reason. Imagine if the locust cost 20 and bloodfuel locust 30, you dont want that do you ;).
  • Buff the health and damage output of the Hellbringers (every category).
This is what the card level system is for, also remember the Hellbringers, Grunts, Elite Rangers, Warthogs, Jackrabbits, ghost are light units and are only to use for last resort and getting the energy faster.
  • Buff the health and damage output of the Grunts (every category).
  • Buff the health and damage output of the Elite Rangers (every category).
  • Buff the health and damage output of the Warthogs (every category).
  • Buff the health and damage output of the Jackrabbits (every category).
See above comment
  • Increase health siphon rate and damage output of Extractor Marines and decrease their score from 50 to 30.
Again card leveling.
  • Increase health and damage output of Reactive Marines and decrease their score from 50 to 30.
  • Increase health siphon rate of Blood-Fuel Grunts and increase their damage output.
See comment above.
  • Remove the fog of war. Make it so that the map is totally black and only the 3 objectives and your own base are shown on the map. The fog will clear when you discover the map.
That is Fog of war. If you remove it you have the same system but without a black overlay.
  • Balance the hill between objective B and C.
This is map design, this cannot be balanced unless the map is totally redesigned.
  • Add a game mode where we can play regular Blitz vs the AI. Not survival like Blitz Firefight, but just regular Blitz but then vs the AI. With XP rewards ofcourse corresponding to the chosen difficulty.
If they do, the XP should be less then a Matchmaking match.
  • Add the option to name your Blitz decks.
I dont know about this, whats the reason to name your deck ?
  • Change Blitz Firefight to the point where you can choose your difficulty beforehand (Easy, Normal, Heroic, Legendary or Mythic), instead of making it harder after each x amount of waves. Change the XP rewards corresponding to the played difficulty.
I Agree and ad the same time I dont, instead why not have different modes one that change the difficulty and differnent one's with the difficulty you mentioned.
  • Add a daily login Blitz pack for everyone (like the daily login REQ packs in Halo 5: Guardians).
Nahh you get 3 from the daily challenges already, and 3 extra from the weekly 3x7 is 21 decks 21x5 is 110 + 15 from the weekly = 125 cards a week.
  • And maybe add double XP weekends in a later stage of the game.
This can be added later to the game.
I really enjoy Blitz, but I would enjoy it even more if you would read my feedback ske7ch. And if these points would get fixed.Thank you for reading and if anyone has any feedback regarding mine. I would be pleased to read and respond to that too!
see my bold comments for response.
Anyone else feel the match-making process is unnecessarily bloated and lengthy? Especially if you play fast Blitz 1v1 matches (with average game times of little more than 5 minutes) you often spend more time in the match-maker than actually playing.

Let's take a look at the example of starting a 3v3 Blitz match:1. First there is a 3 second countdown before it even starts to search for players. Why?

2. Next we stare at the screen, waiting for players. When searching for team games we have no information at all how the progress is. Did we already find four other players and are only waiting for the sixth and final one? Or is it a hopeless case because we are really the only one in the queue as it always looks like?

3. After enough players are finally found there is another 3 seconds countdown. Why?

4. Then we need to wait up to 20 seconds for everyone to select a leader (and a deck in Blitz). In 3v3 you can bet that there is always some alt-tabbed so we need to wait until the game auto-chooses for him. Why don't we choose our leader (+deck) already right before starting match-making instead so no one needs to wait?
And no, the favorite deck feature (which only applies to quick match 2v2) is no appropiate substitute. Because to switch between the favorite deck selection and the match-maker we need to go through half a dozen sub-menus and back.

5. Then finally the game loads the map. This can take any time between a few seconds, some minutes or not finish at all (so you need to Alt+F4). Looks bugged, please investigate. A progress bar for all players would be appreciated so we see when there is a problem.

6. At the start of the Blitz match there is a 15 seconds warm up time. What's the purpose of it besides wasting even more of our time? The other modes start without such a delay. That's the exact opposite to what 'Blitz' means.

A feature which is highly missed is a notification when we are alt-tabbed during match-making when A) enough players are found and again B) the map has finished loading (which sometimes takes a while as mentioned). You advertise with Halo Wars 2 being a Windows 10 app fully integrated etc, so it shouldn't be too hard to play a specific sound or make the game flash in the taskbar, right?
Blitz Firefight needs to, at the very least, reward exp.

Also, it needs matchmaking.

And I think it'd be nice if Energy worked like it did in regular Blitz. By that, I mean it slowly regens, but gathering energy cores increases the rate.
I completely agree my friend and I have played firefight a couple of times and we wondered why we don't get xp. We made it round 37 and got nothing for the time it took us.
For Blitz mode or any multiplayer mode the names of the people in the game move slightly up and down while the game is loading. It is rather annoying and I think that it should be fixed.
Is it possible to rename the Nightmare level in Firefight for Mythic. I feel maybe is better as Halo 5 game the next difficulty to Legendary is called Mythic. I just think it fits better with Halo Universe than Nightmare (which probably comes from Gears War which waves difficulty are called the same name)
I find it funny that 343 decide to patch XP exploits, but at the same time give little to no XP in Blitz (their core game mode) and no XP in Blitz Firefight... no wonder people can't wait for their packs...

If 343 are gonna do XP for Firefight here's how it should be done:
Rounds 1-5: 200XP
Rounds 6-10: 300XP
Rounds 11-20: 500XP
Rounds 21- 30: 800XP
Rounds 31-44: 1200XP
Rounds 45-50: 1700XP
Herecy wrote:
I find it funny that 343 decide to patch XP exploits, but at the same time give little to no XP in Blitz (their core game mode) and no XP in Blitz Firefight... no wonder people can't wait for their packs...

If 343 are gonna do XP for Firefight here's how it should be done:
Rounds 1-5: 200XP
Rounds 6-10: 300XP
Rounds 11-20: 500XP
Rounds 21- 30: 800XP
Rounds 31-44: 1200XP
Rounds 45-50: 1700XP
I got 51... And people in CA 66

-That brings me to the next point. Ultimately, blitz is too one sided. The player who takes the advantage in the very beginning almost always takes the win because of the reasons stated above. They know exactly then where the enemy will be and will have all the resources to handle it. So, the game is then no longer about strategy; it might as well just end after a player takes the first major engagement.
The ability to see enemy units through fog of war is a double-edged sword. Sure you can see what your opponent is bringing to the fight before they reach a control point, but also your team is unable to use the element of surprise when approaching a control point because your opponents can see everything you do.

The ability to see enemy units through fog of war is a double-edged sword. Sure you can see what your opponent is bringing to the fight before they reach a control point, but also your team is unable to use the element of surprise when approaching a control point because your opponents can see everything you do.
That is very true and I've both used it and had it used against me
Seelenwurm wrote:
Anyone else feel the match-making process is unnecessarily bloated and lengthy? Especially if you play fast Blitz 1v1 matches (with average game times of little more than 5 minutes) you often spend more time in the match-maker than actually playing.

Let's take a look at the example of starting a 3v3 Blitz match:1. First there is a 3 second countdown before it even starts to search for players. Why?

2. Next we stare at the screen, waiting for players. When searching for team games we have no information at all how the progress is. Did we already find four other players and are only waiting for the sixth and final one? Or is it a hopeless case because we are really the only one in the queue as it always looks like?

3. After enough players are finally found there is another 3 seconds countdown. Why?

4. Then we need to wait up to 20 seconds for everyone to select a leader (and a deck in Blitz). In 3v3 you can bet that there is always some alt-tabbed so we need to wait until the game auto-chooses for him. Why don't we choose our leader (+deck) already right before starting match-making instead so no one needs to wait?
And no, the favorite deck feature (which only applies to quick match 2v2) is no appropiate substitute. Because to switch between the favorite deck selection and the match-maker we need to go through half a dozen sub-menus and back.

5. Then finally the game loads the map. This can take any time between a few seconds, some minutes or not finish at all (so you need to Alt+F4). Looks bugged, please investigate. A progress bar for all players would be appreciated so we see when there is a problem.

6. At the start of the Blitz match there is a 15 seconds warm up time. What's the purpose of it besides wasting even more of our time? The other modes start without such a delay. That's the exact opposite to what 'Blitz' means.

A feature which is highly missed is a notification when we are alt-tabbed during match-making when A) enough players are found and again B) the map has finished loading (which sometimes takes a while as mentioned). You advertise with Halo Wars 2 being a Windows 10 app fully integrated etc, so it shouldn't be too hard to play a specific sound or make the game flash in the taskbar, right?
Several of your complaints like 3 second timers and the 15 second game start are huge benefits.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 22