[Locked] Design Feedback : Campaign

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
UPDATE: After many months of feedback it's time to retire this thread. Thank you to everyone for sharing feedback over the months and helping the game team get valuable input.
As of today a new thread is created, "Game Feedback! August 1st" - please use this to provide CURRENT feedback on Halo Wars 2. thanks!

Do you have design-related feedback regarding the Halo Wars 2 campaign? If so, please share it here!
** PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS IF NECESSARY. **

The types of campaign feedback the team is looking for includes:
  1. Leaders & abilities
  2. Unit balance (too weak? too powerful? too expensive? etc...)
  3. Mission objectives
  4. Mission difficulty
  5. AI difficulty / effectiveness
Please provide as much detail as possible including the difficulty you're playing on, solo or co-op, etc... Why do you feel leader X is or isn't balanced? What about unit X do you feel is too powerful/weak?

Please note this thread is for campaign design-related feedback only. Design feedback on multiplayer and Blitz can be shared in their respective threads in this forum.Story details should be discussed in a different thread. (though please respect others and use spoiler tags as needed).

Bugs or issues should be reported in the Support forum. Story details should be discussed in a different thread. (though please respect others and use spoiler tags as needed).

thank you!
more banished plz
I don't know if this falls under what the team is looking at in terms of feedback since the artstyle has now been completed however for any future Halo games please can you respect the Pre-343 Forerunner style when visiting Forerunner planets/structures that we have visited in the original trilogy. Thank you.
I want a playable Banished campaign. It would be awesome to have a Halo game where the UNSC are the bad guys.

Halo 2 was great because it let you play as a covie but it was just fighting other elites and brutes, only once in the whole campaign the game allowed you to fight humans and not many people know about it.

So yeah, a Banished campaign would work wonders.
**UPDATED** 2/24/17
- Mission The Cartographer:
- Reduce leader powers
- Increase time between protector sentinel waves on lower difficulties. (Easy/Normal)
- Mission Under The Dark:
- This mission needs the banished leader powers/abilities massively reduced due to having very limited resources to began with. Massive armies are destroyed in matter of seconds against max level glassing beam! This is common on higher difficulties (Heroic/Legendary).
- Reduce engineer count/spawn rate (Under The Dark) (5-10 engineers included when trying to attack with large UNSC forces which take time to build up can not destroy enemy banish forces effectly with engineers).
Other then that, the mission is overall balanced!

- Mission The Halo:
- Reduce Sentinel repair rate slightly (5-10%), small decrease in repair will allow for more time to get more units deployed
- Reduce enemy leader abilities/powers (Heroic/Legendary) (Damage and/or rate), losing your entire army while trying to defend 3 points is not fun!
- Increase time before enemy hordes attack A-B-C slightly (Heroic/Legendary)

-Mission Last Stand:
- Show location of two warlords on mini-map more clearly
- Global Feedback:
- Skulls should only effect UNSC Players and not Banished via Campaign
- "Moderately" reducing leader powers on all campaign missions is the main balance the campaign needs to be perfect!
- Banished campaign
- Ability to lower difficulties in current campaign mission. (Normal >> Easy etc)
It would be helpful to have a tracker for which secondary and bonus objectives were done for each mission. That way, when replaying the mission, it would be easier to target a specific objective if missed on a previous play through.

I have only finished the game on Normal, so I cannot comment on much else, but the main thing that stood out was the massive load times for each mission. Normally the intro to the mission takes enough time to mask the load times, but I am waiting sometimes a couple of minutes (for a few missions I though the game glitched). Maybe have a load bar or percentage load bar to help people know that things are loading. I understand that maps are complex, but something has to be done with the load times.
I think all the campaign difficulties are ok. I managed to get through the entire campaign on legendary relatively easy.

I will, however, ask that you consider adding more campaign containing a resolution to how the spirit would defeat the Banished. Maybe in a future DLC or something?

Other than that, great game overall. LOVED Blur's work on the cutscenes and the multiplayer is great.

Ps: Nice job coordinating the play-early release with the free multiplayer weekend ;)
Limited resources missions need to have Banished leader powers toned down for Xbox on higher difficulties. Note that console players can't split armies by individual units like PC players.
The enemy AI spamming that energy beam along with that warping ability after I finally build a good army to only lose more than half it 10 seconds later isn't fun.
Also bring back the disruptive bomb. A lot of the leader abilities in general are unavoidable without engineers.
Seriously enemy leader powers are overpowered in the campaign, I am good with the fact that I will encounter these strikes in multiplayers, but getting my army wiped out in a few seconds by an unavoidable laser beam out of the sky in the campaign is, compared to challenging, it is more like a great reduction in game experience. It is hard to split my army with the xbox controlled nor I can replenish my army fast enough compared to their leader powers. I feel like I am challenged by the system mechanism, not by my enemies. On the heroic difficulties I wish to encounter my enemies that are in large numbers that forces me to think about strategies and the methods of engagement, rather than I see a fat red laser coming out of the sky and there's basically nothing I can do about it. For example the Alice mission, it is challenging and I need to think about positioning and resource allocation, it was tough but a fun level to play with. By the way, the marines with engineering abilities doesn't seem able to repair cyclones, is this a bug?
Leader powers of the banished often feel unfair since the cooldowns are extremely short and is almost impossible to dodge.
there seems to be no pause menu how do i access it during game its annoying trying close the game and load it back up every freaking time!!!!!
There could be some better documentation. One example, the mission "from the deep" says to use scorpions but I have never managed to unlock them on any mission playing in Normal. Even when I expand my base to the largest size and upgrade my vehicle level, they still remain locked. I don't know what to do to release them.

I have looked for game documentation but there is apparently none available on halowaypoint to explain this basic concept.
I love the Halo Wars 2 the story is very good and I hope we become some dlc`s
legos950 wrote:
there seems to be no pause menu how do i access it during game its annoying trying close the game and load it back up every freaking time!!!!!
Press start.

You should probably reduce the engineer count in missions. Where there's three and you kill one another comes back in a few seconds to repair the other engineer you tried to shoot (easy solo at least).
The scarab also needs to be able to visibly hit more air units with the scarab beam when Douglas hijacks it (easy solo).
There could be some better documentation. One example, the mission "from the deep" says to use scorpions but I have never managed to unlock them on any mission playing in Normal. Even when I expand my base to the largest size and upgrade my vehicle level, they still remain locked. I don't know what to do to release them.

I have looked for game documentation but there is apparently none available on halowaypoint to explain this basic concept.
Scorpions require Tech 3, are you upgrading your base even further? It takes 1500 energy.
Hi

I have been playing your campaign and I love it however there are still a few bugs with your game, I dunno if its slow or if it just cant take much speed but I had finished the campaign and I decieded to open the many blitz packs and I was doing this pretty fast anyway the game bugged out and wouldn't let me close the pack click on the cards or anything. music and things were still playing. the sound recognised me moving and clicking on the back option but it did nothing. anyway because of this I had to force close the game. somehow this resulting in the game not knowing ive completed the game and taking me back all the way to mission 9.
I am currently stuck on "From the Deep" playing on normal the mission says use scorpions but they aren't really useful in that mission especially considering that any number of locusts can destroy them easily the number of locust is kind of obscene, I understand that the mission is supposed to be difficult and fast paced but the number of enemies that spawn all at once is a little overwhelming, I was thinking it might be a better idea to try and get hornets instead of scorpions for anti vehicle but then the infantry just cut through them like butter. So maybe lowering the number of enemies might help the difficulty is fine but the sheer number of locusts and enemies in general is much harder to deal with, especially when you have very limited time to prepare.
I felt that the campaign forced me to a play a certain way for each mission. I'd like to be able to build all units in the campaign, and not restricted to a few. I think that would greatly improve replayability.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13