OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
I have completed all of the levels on Legendary difficultly but in the game it only shows that I've completed the first half in Legendary. I believe that it was because my wifi was acting up and I wasn't connected during the completion of the latter half of the campaign. Can someone please confirm that you need to to be online in order for the game to register the difficultly you completed levels on and, if so, do I have to replay those levels on Legendary again?

Thanks.
1.Banished leader powers
When I'm playiing the campaign with Heroic difficulty, enemy leader uses leader power. But that is too powerful.
I moved the main troops. Next, I did the building and unit production at the base.Then I saw my moved troops again.
There was only 1 moribund hornet there.The glassing beam bury my troops with a single shot.

2.Retriever destroys my main base "The Halo(11th mission)"
Retriever kills my main base in 10-15 secs soon after the start of the game.. I have to make wolverines in great haste.
Otherwise, I need to load the same mission endlessly:(
as much as I enjoyed Halo wars II, there's quite a few problems I find to be either ridiculous or straight up abysmal.

the leader powers for the banished do too much damage (glassing beam melts armour support, infantry (even three star veteran units) and does heavy damage to bases.) it also seems like the powers recharge in half the rate versus UNSC.

now, as for the domination modes in campaign, there should be absolutely no reason as to why a spirit dropship can land units in the fog of war when you control said point. it makes it more difficult to push and hold ground when the AI can drop units in at an undiscovered location.

I feel like the leader powers for the UNSC do very little damage. a Mac blast III is equal to a glass beam I/II in terms of damage.

as for heroic AI in campaign (solo and co-op) the enemy forces shouldn't be able to pump out a mass of units faster than you can train marines or other units; they also shouldn't be able to counter your units (infantry, CAS, armour/artillery) as soon as you begin to build/train them.

overall, yes this game is new and just out, but playing four days early has made me realize there's issues that should be addressed/fixed.
I mentioned after the very first beta how the new population system was bugging me, how marines now cost 3 pop. instead of 1 like they used to, it's a little late to change it now but I was replaying some halo wars 1 campaign earlier and I realized that maximum possible marine population is 40 but it's the same in halo wars 2 only 40 despite having a maximum pop. of 120 compared to the old 40 and it bugs me because I had been hoping to be able to at some point being able to bring out a huge army of marines and fight my friends huge army of whatever leader he ends up choosing, he's very indecisive, don't get me wrong I absolutely love the game, but the population bugs me because marines pop. cost almost as much as a scorpion in the first game and at times I feel like it negates the larger maximum population. Not to mention having unit population cost lowered would be super useful for the more difficult campaign missions.
ske7ch wrote:
Do you have design-related feedback regarding the Halo Wars 2 campaign? If so, please share it here!
** PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS IF NECESSARY. **The types of campaign feedback the team is looking for includes:
  1. Leaders & abilities
  2. Unit balance (too weak? too powerful? too expensive? etc...)
  3. Mission objectives
  4. Mission difficulty
  5. AI difficulty / effectiveness
Please provide as much detail as possible including the difficulty you're playing on, solo or co-op, etc... Why do you feel leader X is or isn't balanced? What about unit X do you feel is too powerful/weak?

Please note this thread is for campaign design-related feedback only. Design feedback on multiplayer and Blitz can be shared in their respective threads in this forum.Story details should be discussed in a different thread. (though please respect others and use spoiler tags as needed).

Bugs or issues should be reported in the Support forum. Story details should be discussed in a different thread. (though please respect others and use spoiler tags as needed).

thank you!
This

I really liked the art style that was used in this game. For the most part it actually felt like halo! However, the gameplay sections that depicted the newer style of forerunner architecture on the Ark were frustrating. The majority of the cutscenes depicted the older style, which looked great given the location. Like I said, I like this newer style for the most part (Banished and UNSC), but the forerunner architecture made the Ark feel completely different from how it was before.
Where are our cut scenes? The first game had a cut scene for every mission! Also, the characters are not the same as the first halo wars. As in, i dont feel for them. Im not rooting for them to win, in fact, i could care less. Anders is even more annoying than the first one and the hacky/cheesy dialogue was almost too much to bare! I also agree with another post on here where, on higher difficulties, the leader powers are op! You spend 10-12 minutes building an army and it gets wiped out almost immediately by a glassing beam. Like i said in previous feedback posts, the damage output is fine, either give me something to counter it (i.e. Disruptor) or slow its movement speed slightly!
I know this isn't on topic. But great job guys. I think I speak for most Halo Wars fans. This game hit the spot. Great great game!
No spoilers
As a huge fan and player of the first Halo Wars I found this games campaign to be extremely lacking.

The game is extremely short with its only replayability would be on legendary to see if there is a special end credit just for that difficulty but even then it would be boring as all hell. 3/5 of the game is Hold out missions where your sole job is to hold out for a certian amount of time. This can be used once or twice in a game like the last mission where its a very intense fight where you know its the end and have to do your best with limited units. 1/5 of the game is spent with Hero Units like the spartans where base building is almost not needed and wastes even more time of exploring the game fully. And finally 1/5 of the game is back to normal full base access with everything able to be unlocked with a direct mission.

The campaign was extremely short and came to such an abrupt end that I didn't even know that it was the end until I saw the credits start to role. I felt more emotion at the end of act 2 then I did at the end it felt as though you just sent the middle finger to everyone buying the game and taking their money so you can do it again in Halo wars 3 or in the DLC for Halo Wars 2. With either a new game or a extra missions coming from PAID dlc just to complete an uncompleted game is just -Yoink-. If you plan to release more missions through DLC the missions NEED, not should, be free while the paid aspects go to multiplayer.

All in all a 6/10 Game.

PS: If you bought the ultimate edition of the game it doesnt count you as buying the "Halo Wars 2" game on the store for PC so I Can't write a review there.
1. Banished leader powers are obscenely overpowered in the campaign and there is no way to counter them, and the unsc leader powers seem way less effective comparatively. Glassing beams melt through units where the archer missiles are lucky to half the health of a squad of foot units. This is exceptionally frustrating on the mission hold the line where the obscene number of enemies is hard enough to deal with. That mission makes me want to quit the game entirely.
2. I wish there were more cutscenes, I know they're costly and difficult to make but they look outstanding and were a major strength of the first game, as they are in this one. It was kinda disappointing to get three right away then go five missions without one.
No spoilersThe campaign was extremely short and came to such an abrupt end that I didn't even know that it was the end until I saw the credits start to role. I felt more emotion at the end of act 2 then I did at the end it felt as though you just sent the middle finger to everyone buying the game and taking their money so you can do it again in Halo wars 3 or in the DLC for Halo Wars 2. With either a new game or a extra missions coming from PAID dlc just to complete an uncompleted game is just -Yoink-. If you plan to release more missions through DLC the missions NEED, not should, be free while the paid aspects go to multiplayer.

All in all a 6/10 Game.

PS: If you bought the ultimate edition of the game it doesnt count you as buying the "Halo Wars 2" game on the store for PC so I Can't write a review there.
I think Halowars2 ”Heart of the Sentinels” will come.
No spoilersThe campaign was extremely short and came to such an abrupt end that I didn't even know that it was the end until I saw the credits start to role. I felt more emotion at the end of act 2 then I did at the end it felt as though you just sent the middle finger to everyone buying the game and taking their money so you can do it again in Halo wars 3 or in the DLC for Halo Wars 2. With either a new game or a extra missions coming from PAID dlc just to complete an uncompleted game is just -Yoink-. If you plan to release more missions through DLC the missions NEED, not should, be free while the paid aspects go to multiplayer.

All in all a 6/10 Game.

I think Halowars2 ”Heart of the Sentinels” will come.
I hear Legacy of the flood will have A-move commands
I want a playable Banished campaign. It would be awesome to have a Halo game where the UNSC are the bad guys.

Halo 2 was great because it let you play as a covie but it was just fighting other elites and brutes, only once in the whole campaign the game allowed you to fight humans and not many people know about it.

So yeah, a Banished campaign would work wonders.
I would like this too but story wise humans just never have the numbers to support that much death. If they did a Banished campaign they would have to look passed the fact that Cutter has only half a crew unless they don't want any humans left.
Strav23 wrote:
I want a playable Banished campaign. It would be awesome to have a Halo game where the UNSC are the bad guys.

Halo 2 was great because it let you play as a covie but it was just fighting other elites and brutes, only once in the whole campaign the game allowed you to fight humans and not many people know about it.

I would like this too but story wise humans just never have the numbers to support that much death. If they did a Banished campaign they would have to look passed the fact that Cutter has only half a crew unless they don't want any humans left.
It doesn't necessarily have to be canon, it could be just for fun with no story involved
Strav23 wrote:

What if it was how the Banished took the Ark? They could fight the UNSC troops stationed on the Ark before Halo Wars 2's campaign and they could also fight the forerunners trying to defend the Ark. (maybe a Warden boss battle and then make him a leader in multiplayer?)
Strav23 wrote:

What if it was how the Banished took the Ark? They could fight the UNSC troops stationed on the Ark before Halo Wars 2's campaign and they could also fight the forerunners trying to defend the Ark. (maybe a Warden boss battle and then make him a leader in multiplayer?)
Again it doesn't even have to be canon it could be just for fun, with no affect on the story, but I like that idea as well
I have yet to finish the campaign, but so far I absolutely love the return of the art style and the variety of types of missions. I have no clue what people refer to when they talk about being stuck on "From The Deep". While the mission was challenging in a fun way, I beat it on my first attempt (I played on normal). I was on the verge of losing, but that type of challenge keeps me always engaged and on the edge of my seat. However on the mission of Hold The Line, the last 11/9 minutes were way too hard for me to solo. After about 5 attempts I had to co-op with a friend of mine. And even then we failed the first time. Overall I really enjoy actually being engaged and the toughness of the missions so far, but at points it is a bit too hard. Overall loving this game though, big improvement to the first and a big step in the right direction for story, and can't wait for campaign DLC!
I feel that the infantry are not power full enough. In the tutorial it says infantry counters air but when I send 2 squads to capture a power node only one man survives the 3 sentinels. I also fell like counters are too powerful and under powered in some cases. When i'm playing blitz the enemy will have a warthog and it will take way to long for my Cyclopes (anti-vehicle) take way took long to take it out and by the time it's dead they have a lot more units on the points. In other cases, there will ba one scorpion that takes out my entire army. Countering units needs to be more forgiving in multi-player AND single-player. I love the game and I hope it can be fun for everyone! Thx for the awesome times! :)
While the missions themselfs were fun to play. The last one felt too easy, and the game overall felt a bit too easy sometime (expect some that felt too hard).
1. As many have pointed out the banished leader power is too strong. While I was able to overcome it, it's just not fun. Especially in the mission "Under the Dark" where there is an objective to not lose any Kodiaks but just one beam can kill them and there is very little I could do about it.
2. The third cut scene with Atriox's backstory has some weird frame rate changes. I feel that this might be intentional to give some slow motion effect but it's jarring. I don't know if it's even fixable given that it's a pre rendered cutscene and blur may need to redo it but if there's any way to fix it that would be nice.
3. There's a weird pelican clipping issue near a bridge in the tutorial.
A couple of glitches I encountered.

In the 1st mission, when running away from the Banished at the end, I was trying to ram grunts, and somehow my warthog jumped off the cliff and landed on the extraction pad. Thus I ended up on the other side of the light bridge, but the mission would not end because I never activated the light bridge (personally I think I should be given a bonus medal for getting all 3 Spartans to the extraction point, lol). Probably a freak occurrence, but I think some sort of explosion propelled the warthog off the path.

In the mission Under the Dark, in the second part where you need to put 3 Kodiaks at the marked location, I accidently put 1 Spartan in one of them earlier in the mission, and when it came time to place the last Kodiak in the correct spot, when the game took over the movement and turned the Kodiak Orange, it refused to move to the last spot. I suspect that it did not like Spartan 130 being in the Kodiak. Thus, I had to play the entire mission over from the very beginning.

I wish there were checkpoints on some of the missions, as playing the entire mission because of a glitch at the end of the mission is annoying.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13