2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 13
I was pleased still one thing thats got me is more story so I'm happy as Spirit makes contact with scattered or in hiding UNSC forces on the Ark. Or expand the final battle as lets face it Carrier down don't have to worry about getting smited by pulse lasers but at the same time Halo going up everyone knows oh no not on my watch force in hiding forces to come out and fight to the Ark likely drive or walk and at the same time open additional fronts.

They go running in one epic charge and on the other end the Spirit of Fire's forces both sides say hi and hugs and yay reunion and hope all that. Being dark and coms dark to avoid detection unaware Spirit was here until Halo went up would stay put till Infinity showed up or a Fleet.

My main issue is why no MAC fire or plasma torpedoes as Spirit 3 MACs or light MACs vs a Assault Carrier to boil away Spirit's hull with all the turrets. Still I would suggest a add on or ref to using the Ark's cannon to disable the Carrier locking it in place as was so the Carrier would be on low power unable to fire and force to use her fighters. Plus explain Spirit's new bridge could be a backup Bridge as a colony ship safety or something. But MAC gun could be we used up all the rounds up in the shield world to provide super weapon support.

Also any chance to have the old see where we looking at on the mini map like in HW1 for Co Op and Firefight and Mult so better coordinate.
Just want to say I liked the campaign a lot! Great balance. The people complaining about the banished leader powers think they're able to just build a big army and walk it around the missions and beat it quick. These make you think more about strategy.

I am more than half way through on my second round of the campaign this time on Legendary! 4.5 stars!

You have to draw out the leader powers with smaller armies or spread your units in strategic locations so 1 leader power can't knock them all out.

The fight scene with Gerome on the banished ship was epic.
Gerome and Isabel Chief and Cortana are great duo. Second time around I learned to like Isabel.

Only Problems,

1. Wish more cut scenes, (but I understand or take it as lower budget)
2. Wish they talked more about Spartans.
3.Too short, but in hope of DLC campaigns, dlc, side campaigns, any kind of DLC campaign short missions, would be VERY welcome!
4. Wish they talked more about lore on how Anders learned how to control/ build sentinels? Is she just calling them in?
5. How did the SOF learn to cloak units, Kodiak, snipers, etc. Why would they not put a cloak on their most expensive, useful units.... THE SPARTANS?
-Also how, when even UNSC hasn't learned to cloak much other than Prowler ships?
I'm honestly confused why playing campaign grants me Blitz packs. Especially when the campaign is poorly designed. (I'm sorry but that's the honest truth here. My friend has been going through the campaign with me and basically, all he plays are RTS games... At least in the simplest terms: poor design.)

I could understand since it's my first play through of the campaign that perhaps it's a ploy tactic to get me to play more Blitz. However, gaining rank in blitz and earning cards from the campaign just doesn't feel right. A couple of times sure. But I'm already rank 5 or 4 and I haven't played a single blitz match since blitz beta. The campaign in no way teaches me to play blitz at all... Why not add a blitz skirmish and make the AI have cards from your selection of cards so they are equal in power/strength? Or is programming AI to play something like Blitz a little too difficult? (actual question, I'm not being a -Yoink- here.)
Definitely would recommend reducing the amount of Leader Power spam from the computer. I hate that frickin' glassing cannon taking out my army every fight.
The campaign was amazing and has a lot of replay value. Even more fun on COOP than on single player and doesn't impede the game play at all. Except on the last level my friend was kinda salty I got the Gunship (:
Very minor UI suggestion for Campaign Skulls.
Can we have a seperate category box for Increase Scoring and Decrease Scoring? I'm enjoying my replays with mix and matching skulls but I have to read all of them to remember where the increasing skulls are when I'm going for gold. Additionally, it would be nice to see how much each skull effects the score multiplyer.

And DLC skulls with the DLC campaign would be cool too.

Thanks 343 and CA!
After playing the campaign I have been experiencing some pretty major game breaks bug and glitches when trying to play the missions. After I stop playing the campaign for the day, i'll complete a mission, head back to the main menu and quit the game. However once I turn the game back on and head back into the campaign from wear I left off, the auto save takes me back further than where I saved and complete before. For example. I'll complete a mission and get he carnage report with all the numbers from the mission. After I quit and come back, i'll be thrown into the mission I just finished one auto save before and have to complete the final stages of the mission all over again to proceed. This is very frustrating and aggravating while also disrupting the flow of the game. Another main issue is failure to load and game freezing/lagging. On numerous occasions, i'll get stuck on the loading screen for a mission and nothing will ever happen. I once waited 30 minutes while the loading screen kept going. I had to eventually force quit the game and restart it. Another major issue is during a mission, the game will come to a near complete halt and lag so severally, that one in game second would take 5 minutes to pass. Almost like a super slo-mo lag effect, the game will move at a fraction of a frame per second. This can last anywhere from a few moments to minutes. I don't know what causes this but having to wait for it to end since I cannot quit is terrible. I thik the entire campaign system needs to be looked over thoroughly and these issues be corrected, otherwise its near impossible to enjoy or even finish the campaign.
Strav23 wrote:
I want a playable Banished campaign. It would be awesome to have a Halo game where the UNSC are the bad guys.

Halo 2 was great because it let you play as a covie but it was just fighting other elites and brutes, only once in the whole campaign the game allowed you to fight humans and not many people know about it.

So yeah, a Banished campaign would work wonders.
I would like this too but story wise humans just never have the numbers to support that much death. If they did a Banished campaign they would have to look passed the fact that Cutter has only half a crew unless they don't want any humans left.
What if it was how the Banished took the Ark? They could fight the UNSC troops stationed on the Ark before Halo Wars 2's campaign and they could also fight the forerunners trying to defend the Ark. (maybe a Warden boss battle and then make him a leader in multiplayer?)
Well, from what we see in HW2, it wasn't much of a fight for the Banished. They showed up and steamrolled the UNSC :P
Fuchsdh wrote:
Strav23 wrote:
I want a playable Banished campaign. It would be awesome to have a Halo game where the UNSC are the bad guys.

Halo 2 was great because it let you play as a covie but it was just fighting other elites and brutes, only once in the whole campaign the game allowed you to fight humans and not many people know about it.

I would like this too but story wise humans just never have the numbers to support that much death. If they did a Banished campaign they would have to look passed the fact that Cutter has only half a crew unless they don't want any humans left.
What if it was how the Banished took the Ark? They could fight the UNSC troops stationed on the Ark before Halo Wars 2's campaign and they could also fight the forerunners trying to defend the Ark. (maybe a Warden boss battle and then make him a leader in multiplayer?)
Well, from what we see in HW2, it wasn't much of a fight for the Banished. They showed up and steamrolled the UNSC :P
Lmao yeah they did, but there had to have been some resistance from the sentinels or the Forerunner protection systems. Maybe the Banished have to beat 000 Tragic Solitude and his forces for control of the Ark?
As others have said, please allow all units to be made available throughout the campaign instead of getting to use some only rarely toward the end of the game.

banished missions against the unsc would make me soooo happy.

add a way to track optional and side objectives please.

that said i love the game thanks so much!
The campaign was amazing and has a lot of replay value. Even more fun on COOP than on single player and doesn't impede the game play at all. Except on the last level my friend was kinda salty I got the Gunship (:
We dont need this rose tinted glasses posts.

The campaign wasnt amazing. The campaign in its current form is way worse than Halo Wars 1 Campaign. Best example is the lazy mission design in Halo Wars 2. Why the -Yoink- do i have to play MP modes? I want a proper campaign if i want to play MP modes against bots i will play skirmish.

Whoever designed the Campaign missions never played Halo Wars 1.
Fuchsdh wrote:
Strav23 wrote:

Lmao yeah they did, but there had to have been some resistance from the sentinels or the Forerunner protection systems. Maybe the Banished have to beat 000 Tragic Solitude and his forces for control of the Ark?
Well, Tragic Solitude is kaput earlier than the game, as we see in Hunters in the Dark. Also, it seems like they didn't face much stiff resistance from the Sentinels until they started plundering too much by the time SoF gets there.
We dont need this rose tinted glasses posts.

The campaign wasnt amazing. The campaign in its current form is way worse than Halo Wars 1 Campaign. Best example is the lazy mission design in Halo Wars 2. Why the -Yoink- do i have to play MP modes? I want a proper campaign if i want to play MP modes against bots i will play skirmish.

Whoever designed the Campaign missions never played Halo Wars 1.
We are welcome to share our opinions just as you are. If you dont like it fine but we can like it as much as we want thanks.

loved the campaign. Much better than HW1 aside from the small changes i would like to see.
the campaign cutscene volume and backround noise gets messed up when playing co-op
1. No easy way to change difficulty levels at the commencement - if people have to search forums and online to find this answer, the game does not use an intuitive behaviour.

2. In the second mission where we need to capture power nodes as part of a secondary campaign, it wouldn't let me capture the one more-or-less in the center. It looks like it went all the way, but the station stayed red and the lightning bolt on the map stayed red, and would not count. It also would not let me choose to capture it again.

3. After this mission, it was loading the next mission after the debriefing, but just stayed on the loading prompt - never finished - had to actually kill the game to exit out.

** All on XB1 console **
TexLou wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I vehemently disagree. Halo Wars 2 was, and is awesome. 343i did a great job. *******SPOILERS******

The fact that the Halo ring at the end of Halo 5 Guardians could be the very Halo ring Anders is on is awesome.

Artiox is mysterious and awesome. Decimus was awesome (wish he was still alive). So, I am not sure what your issue was. But, your criticism was far to harsh man.
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
TexLou wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I vehemently disagree. Halo Wars 2 was, and is awesome. 343i did a great job. *******SPOILERS******

The fact that the Halo ring at the end of Halo 5 Guardians could be the very Halo ring Anders is on is awesome.

Artiox is mysterious and awesome. Decimus was awesome (wish he was still alive). So, I am not sure what your issue was. But, your criticism was far to harsh man.
Yes it was very harsh, you can have your opinion about the game but there is absolutely no need to be a jerk about it I loved the game, but obviously there are some issues with it, there always are when a game gets released, but look on the bright side they are trying to fix it and make it better.
Much, if not all, of about what is listed has already been said but I don't want to read through five pages.
Note: My campaign experience is from Co-op on legendary.

• In "Under the Dark" and "The Halo" the A.I. leader powers needs to have their frequency reduced. I have no problem with the strength because of the difficulty level, but how often it occurs is beyond ridiculous. A comment I read that I greatly agree with is that I am not able to build my army back up quickly enough and my the time I do it just gets destroyed by a glassing beam.
  • In "Under the Dark" I was moving a Kodiak into position #2 and while it was bracing itself it was destroyed. My partner and I moved on to destroy the Banished base and move a Kodiak into position #3. When we went back to move a Kodiak into position #2 nothing happened. After 1 hour and 30 minutes of playing we were unable to complete the mission.
  • In "Under the Dark" and "The Halo" the amount of engineers the A.I. produces need to be reduced. I ran into groups of enemies with at least 4-5 engineers multiple times essentially preventing me from destroying anything in the group.
  • During the entire campaign there were multiple time were my game would transition into a cutscene and the gameplay sounds would still be playing. One specific example would be the final cutscene, no end credits scene, playing and I had to listen to the sound of a locus beam firing the whole time. Sort of ruined moment for me... :(
  • During the second tutorial my game started to drastically stutter frame. After minute the problem still continued and forced me to reset my game.
I only say FLOOD ...
More epic cutscenes would have been great, like in the original Halo Wars. The few cutscenes that showed were very awesome and just gave me goosebumps because of their sheer awesomeness, but due to their frequency of after every few levels, it just made me feel disappointed and unsatisfied, because all I could think about was the amount of cutscenes in the first game.

Although the action sequences were good, I feel that they should have been longer and (believe me when I say I'm not kidding) shown more people getting shot. But the melee combat that the Spartans showed against the Brutes were just SICK!

And that destruction of the Banished ship! You guys should show ships getting blown up more often, 343, maybe add some sequence like in Halo Reach when they detonated the Slipspace Drive inside the Covie Super Carrier, and when they shot down that ship above New Alexandria with missiles :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 13