1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 100
I think the Shipmasters Glassing beam should do more damage and last longer as its his only offensive leader power id also like to see him have more leader powers of this type. The AI on heroic is actually quite challenging which is good but I think they're should be easier or harder difficulties. I have also found that its takes some time to amass enough resources especially power to build a effective army. If I come across other things ill post them later apart from that a fantastic game 👍
Although I posted a long list of recommendations yesterday, I forgot a big one:

If there is going to be new DLC maps for multiplayer, the new maps should have more of a shape variety. It seems every map is a basically a circle or hexagon shape, with cliffs or high walls at the edges. This gives the feeling like you're not playing on the ark, but rather on an island floating in the sky. There should be more visible terrain past the playable boundaries to make the game play seem more realistic and less arena-like. There are no obvious choke point maps like the Docks from HW1, nor enjoyable hooks like Forerunner supply towers or shield walls. So at the moment every single map feels like the same map, and every single match plays out the same: Battle for the same stupid power nodes if you want a tech advantage. How about a map with no power nodes? or a maybe just one that is less game-changing? Or a population booster? How about SOMETHING that could be considered variety?

Maybe I'm picky, maybe I have too high of expectations for HW2 to be similar to HW1, or maybe there is a chance these suggestions will be taken to heart. I know the game would be more of a hit to everyone playing if more concepts from the first game were incorporated into the second. A sequel should strive to be better than the first while honoring everything that made HW1 so fundamentally sound and enjoyable. I see few similarities between games, other than what they chose to name units and characters. The only thing impressive about this game is that somehow Creative Assembly managed to not suck the fun out of life by making it turn-based. Kudos to you guys for that move. Someone should move a unit near Ensemble Studios---"Your Hero is down".

Thanks for reading, hope it helps
Jaxta wrote:
  1. Limit ultimate units to 1
Hum, no ...
Why no ? Because, the Ultimate Units is very weak. I Destroy 3 Scarab or 3 Condor very fast ... If you make Only scarab or Only Condor you loose ... But If you play with 1 or 2 two ultimate units and you make a variety army, you can win. It's not a game where we play just one type of units like forge in HW1 (and HW2) or Anders in HW1 and 2

Ultimate units are very weak
Anti-Air
  • Needs damage buff
  • Resource reduction (or increase resources for air)
All Anti Air needs a buff, right now they are completely worthless. Also either they need to be reduced in resource cost or Air units need an increase in resource cost. People making Air units only have to manage 1 resource making them an easy spam unit and there is no way to keep up with Anti Air units.

Anders Sentinels
  • Unit is too fast needs to slow down
  • Reduce damage to buildings
Way too strong early game. There is no counter for a early game rush as infantry are too slow to keep up and anti air is too expensive to produce enough to counter a large mass.

Ultimate Units

• Limit Player to 1
  • Add Tech lvl 4 for Ultimate Units (slow down the rush build)
Having to face 3 of these at once is way too much, added with healing drones makes them pretty unstoppable. If playing 2v2 or 3v3 you could face 6+ at one time.

Leader Powers

Eradication
  • Needs to be faster. Units can easily get away from this
Forge

With both Rolling Economy and Accelerated Assembly his early game rush is ridiculous. He can produce units faster than any other leader and have them fully upgraded within 5 mins from start.

Overall

• Cool downs need to be extended. To reduce spamming
  • Needs a power to target air like Cryo Bomb
  • Powers need to be able to target air units more easily
Need to seperate 2v2 and 3v3. If I am playing in a party of 2 we don't want to play 3v3 with 1 random player
Please, please, please, make games rejoinable. I have no problem playing most AI matches, but seem to have trouble keeping teammates in my online multiplayer games, even when we are winning. Even stranger, these lag issues always seem to be when my team is winning. I just played a 3v3, 2 of my teammates got kicked. I was holding my own just fine 1v2 and then I get dropped. Goodbye 2 hrs. 😣

Overall the elite unites could use some more umph and power, they seem practically pointless, especially as a tier 2. Also, the mega sentinel weapon, Reaver, honestly seems rather weak compared to the Scarab, or the mega blast option special power.

The flight drones protecting the power sources seem a little over powered, imo.

Lots of people spaming hornets early on. Thing is, ground units for Atriox and covenant are so weak, and even tier 2 infantry is weak... so unless you can upgrade faster than your opponent, using multiple resources, there is no good defense for these early spams. I suggest buffing back the initial defense shields of the hornets and banshees.

On a positive note, the graphics are pretty cool and I really like the different options of units and weapons. I think there needs to be some tweaking on unit strengths though.
A few people have mentioned how some units are stronger or weaker to their equivalents on other factions for example Marines vs Grunts, Jackrabbits vs Choppers and such.

I think this is the RIGHT approach, they SHOULD NOT be equally string because then why would we even have 2 factions if all the units are going to be the same!

Units need to be different (while maintaining the same role) that is why cost varies from unit to unit.

Take Starcraft 2 for instance, the basic unit for each faction:
Zerg - zergling
Protoss - Zealot
Terran - Marine

All of those 3 are COMPLETELY different, while they are all core infantry units they cost and behave different, and that's what makes a game GREAT!
When it comes down to team colors I feel like with some of them the shades are too easily mixed up i think that there should be an option to make your friendlies green yourself blue and enemies red or just make the colors more distinct because I sometimes mix my teammates with myself.
I would like to see upgrades for turrets at bases (increased firepower and health) upgrading will be expensive but least it can give you better chance of defending your base from attack.

I would like to some units cost more to build, to avoid rushing. And capture of the electricity towers should give you more power., its a strategic point on the map to have.

Edit: Why is Europe not having its own dedicated servers?. Its very hard to beat a player who is close to the server. American is literally over 1000 miles away from where i a live, so i am at disadvantage always.
Also being able to forge your own maps would be fun just a thought
I would like to see upgrades for turrets at bases (increased firepower and health) upgrading will be expensive but least it can give you better chance of defending your base from attack.

I would like to some units cost more to build, to avoid rushing. And capture of the electricity towers should give you more power., its a strategic point on the map to have.

Edit: Why is Europe not having its own dedicated servers?. Its very hard to beat a player who is close to the server. American is literally over 1000 miles away from where i a live, so i am at disadvantage always.
You can upgrade your base turrets in research lab.

You can upgrade your base turrets in research lab.
Oh i know but i think my base is destroyed more easily because we playing on American servers. So i don't if its just the servers or the turrets are weak hard to tell?

I have noticed attacks where i had a 2-1 advantage with infantry, engaged with a battle and lost. The health barely reduces on their side.
i cant play a single game in multiplayer after 50 sec. i disconnect been in 10 games and all 10 games got disconnected plse fix this issue and the leader powers such as glass beam needs adjusting. cant out run it and does so much dps my whole army gets wiped out even if they are spread out. but the servers are really not making the game for me thought 343 would do a better job at launch but i guess not. buy the early edidtion but you cant play it what a joke, i love this game but the servers and fps lag is killing the joy out of this game
When compared to Grunts squads, marines are far to powerful and the price does not balance it out properly.

Edit: I really love these ideas.
All modes mainly effecting deathmatch:

Elite rangers are too poor as anti infrantry vs marine spam or their unsc counter parts, a solid fix would be reducing power cost to hellbringer level, or significantly buffing dps. They also could be tech 1 instead but have a nerf so they can be built early. I prefer the former suggestions, lower energy cost or increased dps vs infantry.

Kodiaks feel a tad too weak, increasing splash damage or dps vs stationary units would be helpful.

Hornets feel a little too strong early game, increasing cost from 375 to 400 would be a fair adjustment.

Sentinels from anders are strong but only early, I believe increasing energy cost from 30 to 50 will make the user have to invest more on energy over eco making them less spammy, still effective but more balanced.

Jack rabbits are fine unless with Forge cheaper vehicle power bonus, Isabel gets this but forge with cheap eco can triple and quad expand early making the rush hard to counter, I use a lot of forge found it strong, two ways to fix, make the second jackrabbit upgrade slightly more expensive inline with the chopper upgrade or make cheaper vehicles bonus only effect vehicle depot not scout units or make the cheaper effect less so 190, 160 instead.

Grunts could do with a slight health boost.

Leader powers are too cheap especially cleansing beam, increase cooldown or cost.

If I think of anything else or encounter anything else will edit in.

Edit: Ranking system for deathmatch please do not make it blitz exclusive, separate 2v2 and 3v3 deathmatch and leaderboards please.
They need to add more leaders (elites) more covonent
I'd like to see special blitz units like the armored warthog, trooper warthog, etc in standard multiplayer.
I'd like to see special blitz units like the armored warthog, trooper warthog, etc in standard multiplayer.
Potentially as upgrades would be an easy and quick way of adding variety
Honestly i don't have a list, but it needs a revamp... 90% of matches are just pushes to pull out ultimates, which is not only incredibly easy and quick to do, but overall degrading of the enjoyment because it sucks the tactic out of the whole thing.

i mean i get they're ultimate units... but honestly they just suck the life out of the game atm. either give me a game mode without them, or overhaul their use to not make it the only goal of the game.

"ok, 5 minutes in, let's spam ultimates back and forth till one of us is out of resources to queue up another"
Isabel ,ultimate power is a little weak. Ghost in the machine doesn't last very long, and the radius of vehicles that she can control is borderline pathetic. The crosshairs radius to take over is limited to only 4 motorized vehicles at most. People will avoid her like the plague in competitive play she needs a buff.
Playing on xBox One.

Using a controller for RTS I was a little suspect but I feel it is working pretty well for me. My only improvement I'll make mention of is finding a faster way to access buildings to do upgrades and unit production. Cycling through different bases then stopping to looking for example a barracks feels a little clunky. What I'm doing to combat this is I've created my own standard/system to always place my unit production structures in front of my base (to how it is display on my screen). Its made it easier for me and I finding it more manageable.

It would be nice for example maybe double click left bumper to trigger a production wheel that would allow you to select from any of the building types you have created and put you directly into that structure interface for unit product and upgrade capabilities.

IDK, is it just me. Does anyone else have a idea or better way of managing this. Thanks for any input. Loving the game so far.
I realize that condo gunship and scarab cost cheap to build. They cost 2000 to build instead should make it like 5000 to 8000 between, more a chance to fight.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 100