2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. 41
  6. 42
  7. 43
  8. ...
  9. 100
Scouts are meant to be scouts, they shouldn't be anything other then that. 200/100 across for all scouts make the rushers pay like in other rts games. You shouldn't get to rush and also tech just as fast or a little slower then a techer. Everything has a consequence besides rushing in this game. Go for super units you are vulnerable for atleast 7 minutes, build vehicles only n you get shredded by anti vehicle, build a second base you don't have enough resources for anything effective against an early rush(atriox being a small exception). Rushers mass jack rabbits or infantry and they can gain map control well holding off the other players, there is absolutely zero consequence for a rusher. This should be addressed asap. Rushing is a strategy and it can win yes but if you fend off the rusher they still have everything they lost, power is a precious resource not supplies. Add way more power to units that can rusher early on so the rusher is penalized for it. Warcraft 3 is a perfect example rushes can make or break you or your team, if you rushed you were down all the resources you put into it. Then the other team that didn't rush would have a tech advantage and the rushers had to play catch up which was their fault for rushing. Scouts are no exception. Marines could cost 50 power each so that they are still cheap to buy but if you want to mass them then it will be your fault if you are behind on teching and end up losing if your rush should fail.
Scouts are meant to be scouts, they shouldn't be anything other then that. 200/100 across for all scouts make the rushers pay like in other rts games. You shouldn't get to rush and also tech just as fast or a little slower then a techer. Everything has a consequence besides rushing in this game. Go for super units you are vulnerable for atleast 7 minutes, build vehicles only n you get shredded by anti vehicle, build a second base you don't have enough resources for anything effective against an early rush(atriox being a small exception). Rushers mass jack rabbits or infantry and they can gain map control well holding off the other players, there is absolutely zero consequence for a rusher. This should be addressed asap. Rushing is a strategy and it can win yes but if you fend off the rusher they still have everything they lost, power is a precious resource not supplies. Add way more power to units that can rusher early on so the rusher is penalized for it. Warcraft 3 is a perfect example rushes can make or break you or your team, if you rushed you were down all the resources you put into it. Then the other team that didn't rush would have a tech advantage and the rushers had to play catch up which was their fault for rushing. Scouts are no exception. Marines could cost 50 power each so that they are still cheap to buy but if you want to mass them then it will be your fault if you are behind on teching and end up losing if your rush should fail.
I agree with most of this. There should absolutely be a penalty for a failed rush. But often, marines are your best and only defense against a rush. Giving them an energy cost might make you defenseless.
More battle statistics! Put in old Carnage report.
Seriously though, fix locusts.

Shouldn't be able to shoot while moving.
RageQuitter should be punished much more and rush usage should be lowered.
On the one hand, you usually only see the boring rush tactics in the player-deathmatch-mode, instead of having a chance of a awesome and memorable match. (it wasn't so extrem boring in hw1, since they have used 3-4 tactics more.)
And on the other hand, it doesn't take 5 minutes until you can play alone against 3 players, because the other 2 teammates has left the game right at the beginning or after the first rush.

I know, 343 has droped Kinsano with her new tactic possibilities against these rush--Yoink-. But as you can see in the forum: People complain about her tactics and powers, because turrets are annoying during their rushes and so on. They could find a new way to solve this "problem", but it seems to be easier to complain about it.
That's why I prefer AI matches.
A additional 3vs3 AI-Deathmatch mode with legendary difficulty would be also nice, because it seems that you can get xp and card packs(&d+w) only with public matches, but heroic is too easy for some guys and this current random-playlist sucks anyway. (not at least because of quitters)
-> No requirement...But ideally you could also implement the mode in such a way that it is only unlocked after a certain w/l-rate or a certain rank. (This could be a preparation to lower the amount of quitters and noobs that want to test it - just in case the quitter problem isn't solved in this time)
Kinsano:
Her leader powers seem over powered, especially Inferno and Napalm Missiles.
Inferno seems able to almost instantly delete my entire army with very little counter play.
It seems by far the best AOE leader power as it feels like it does as much or more damage than Eradication but with a faster cast timer. And with how large the AOE circle is, its very difficult to move units away in time.

Competitive Multiplayer:
I am enjoying my games and feel the matchmaking is very good in Solo. Doubles seems to be a bit further off. Not sure if it searches only based on our 2v2 rank or factors in the individual player's MMR from other game modes?

But my biggest complaint is the lack of information available to what my rank means and general leader/unit stats.

I have not found a page in Waypoint that lets me know what being silver or plat actually means? Basically a general idea of what percentile each division falls in of the population would be helpful and a better incentive to try to play to rank up IMO.

Information Resource:
I primarily played league of legends before this game and it was very easy to look up the actual damage, resource cost, and cooldown timers of leader powers and units. This transparency made it much easier to effectively plan how I wanted to play and level my leader powers. I understand how new this game is in comparison and its a bit unrealistic to expect the same level of details to be available, but a simple version of this would be nice instead of just having to trust random players on forums and youtube videos.

Pay to Play?:
I also have issue with the strategy of pay to play new leaders/maps without the ability to earn some in-game currency that allows me to buy them by just playing a lot. You still will have plenty of people paying for new content to have it faster, but you won't alienate people who have issue with micro transaction your player base. This opens the door for a lot more content, ie. unit skin options, base paint designs, leader power alternate animations. ect. without it looking like a complete money grab scheme. But again, just one players opinion. Though it does seem to work very well for big games like League and Overwatch, lets you focus on gaining player base/ popularity first then releasing small OPTIONAL purchasable.

Anyways, highly enjoy game so far, good job.
Banished need some buffs:
Anti-infantry - I don't understand why they cannot be upgraded to invisible like human snipers. Additionally, their attack is pretty awful. Add an upgrade that gives them beam rifles.
Anti-vehicle - I find that if you upgrade the Hunters they a) don't do as much damage and b) don't target while moving. Bring back the hunters of HW1. Those were the best.
Grunts - Grunts are extremely weak against the marines. The cost is not even comparable. They need a health and damage boost in my opinion.
Banished need some buffs:
Anti-infantry - I don't understand why they cannot be upgraded to invisible like human snipers. Additionally, their attack is pretty awful. Add an upgrade that gives them beam rifles.
Anti-vehicle - I find that if you upgrade the Hunters they a) don't do as much damage and b) don't target while moving. Bring back the hunters of HW1. Those were the best.
Grunts - Grunts are extremely weak against the marines. The cost is not even comparable. They need a health and damage boost in my opinion.
Agree with everything except the buffs to the Grunts, they're fine
really not a fan of the current ranking system. its far too punishing. i can win a game and gain 16% then in the next a teammate will leave and i lose 24%. i would like to know exactly how the rank progression is calculated
1. Very slight boost to Banished.
2. Nerf Kinsano.

Note: For my reasoning behind these suggestions, please see EVERY POST IN THIS FORUM.
I wish they would make the energy cost of snipers lower since they can't attack buildings or vehicles
Thanks for another great release of Halo Wars, at the beginning I thought that I won't get used to that new Banished/UNSC symmetry in terms of units and mechanics, but so far I'm enjoying the game a lot, including Blitz.

My feedback on Xbox,

-"Input lag", sometimes when you submit an order (building, special power, etc.), if you do it really quick, it doesn't take effect. It's quite maddening when you are trying to do things quick. Also, cycling between units with right trigger seems to have an associated input lag, and slows you down in a way that usually it's worth to stop for a while and readjust your right-trigger+d-pad settings.

-"composite path holding X button multiple times", was a super useful mechanic in HW1, and I really would like to see it back in HW2.

-"d-pad+right trigger presets". I'd really like that in the game settings one could (optionally) be able to preset what units to be mapped in each direction as soon as they are created. For example hornets+banshees in the up button, and scorpions+wraiths in the down button. I understand someone could argue that this helps too much with the micro, but IMHO key part of the HW series success is this well thought UI that actually lets you enjoy an RTS using a console controller, so any improvement here is welcome from my point of view.

-"statistics", I remember how great was www.halowars.com, I'd really like to see something similar for HW2, it was such a great source of information. I'm ok with the new ranking system, but the stats are not enough both in-game and in the halowaypoint website.

Best wishes.
n0b1t wrote:
Thanks for another great release of Halo Wars, at the beginning I thought that I won't get used to that new Banished/UNSC symmetry in terms of units and mechanics, but so far I'm enjoying the game a lot, including Blitz.

My feedback on Xbox,

-"Input lag", sometimes when you submit an order (building, special power, etc.), if you do it really quick, it doesn't take effect. It's quite maddening when you are trying to do things quick. Also, cycling between units with right trigger seems to have an associated input lag, and slows you down in a way that usually it's worth to stop for a while and readjust your right-trigger+d-pad settings.

-"composite path holding X button multiple times", was a super useful mechanic in HW1, and I really would like to see it back in HW2.

-"d-pad+right trigger presets". I'd really like that in the game settings one could (optionally) be able to preset what units to be mapped in each direction as soon as they are created. For example hornets+banshees in the up button, and scorpions+wraiths in the down button. I understand someone could argue that this helps too much with the micro, but IMHO key part of the HW series success is this well thought UI that actually lets you enjoy an RTS using a console controller, so any improvement here is welcome from my point of view.

-"statistics", I remember how great was www.halowars.com, I'd really like to see something similar for HW2, it was such a great source of information. I'm ok with the new ranking system, but the stats are not enough both in-game and in the halowaypoint website.

Best wishes.
Very useful suggestions.
Please, take into account.
Not sure if it's been suggested or not, but Kinsano's ability Inferno needs a HUGE fireball mushroom cloud, if not only for a few seconds after the initial blast. The effect doesn't seem complete without it, really.
n0b1t wrote:

My feedback on Xbox,

Best wishes.
Very useful suggestions.
Please, take into account.
Love these ideas and totally agree!
NERF KINSANO, REDLINE JACKRABBITS AND TURRET DROP OP
Who agrees like kinsarno if the jext leader is op just for 343 or whatever to make money im seriously quitting this game fix the game before releasing new stuff its sooooo annoying how bad the games broke cant even have fun no more may as well spend £1000 n play starcraft 2 againLOOOOL
I really don't think Kinsano is OP. Far less so than the blasted Glassing Beams, which are still way too fast.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter or make non-constructive posts
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. 41
  6. 42
  7. 43
  8. ...
  9. 100