2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. 43
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. ...
  9. 100
Kig-Yar and Vampires likely aren't in the Banished's ranks. Prometheans either, as the Didact's presence is in the Milky Way, not the Ark.
How about a grunt leader that has a grunt goblin that is surrounded by a horde of grunts with various weapons and ranks, and the more you upgrade it, the more grunts and ranks and weapons join the horde defending the goblin
why are infantry, locust, and scouts the only usable units?
1) anti vehicle is built out of infantry
2) tanks are not only tech 3 but require bookou resources to make, and they're slow, and slow to build
3) hogs are crap. they can barely handle marines....so what do they do?
4) air is too expensive and does little damage. and is very inflexible compared to infantry which can counter air, vehicles, buildings, and other infantry depending on how its built.
5) also because this game favors rushing so hard that at 5 minutes one team is usually resigning.
To the dumb -Yoink- developers of Halo Wars 2 (sh*tty war. This game has the most absurd unit and leader power balancing I've ever seen in a rts. Let me begin with the infantry units for both the unsc and banished factions starting with the mainline troops.
to begin, how the F*ck is the Grunt squad supposed to compete with the god d*mn marines? you gave the marines 2 unique upgrades which just completely sh*ts all over the upgrades that the grunts get. the marines are decently effective against all units and structures whereas the grunts are only decently effective against infantry, which is bullsh*t, and air units. the marines get the ability to toss grenades at other units when in proper range whereas the grunts second ability allows them to toss a land mine. in a 1 on 1 battle, the marines will win because they are slightly more better at killing infantry and their second ability allows them to do increased damage in a single AoE blast. for a banished player, his/hers grunt squad must toss a land mine, not while clicking on an enemy unit, but to an area around the unit. then he/she must wait for the timer on the land mine to reach zero thus exploding causing practically no damage at all. this trash secondary ability is not as effective as the marines ability to toss a grenade. the land mine does practically no damage to anything it hits. solution to this, give them back the damn plasma grenade from halo wars 1. moving on to the second upgrade that these units get, completely widens the gap between the dps for these units. you idiots gave the marines the ability to fire a rpg, while the grunts upgrade only add a additional grunt and brute... WHAT????? this is not balanced, considering that the grunts are greatly weaker than the marines. with the rpg ability, marines are even more effective at taking down vehicles and air units too. they'll bomb the hell out of vehicles with the grenade ability then fire rpgs along with their regular ar's that they have. the grunts however, are virtually destroyed by anything if they so much as look at them the wrong way. to even the playing field, give them the fuel rod cannon and increase basic dps for the overall squad, thus putting them on the same level as the marines. in the original halo games developed by bungie, one would run across grunts with the fuel rod cannons. also i dont know if this is a bug or not, but the marines also gathers resources faster than the grunts. this dont make no sense whatsoever. overall you developers need to even the playing field for these two mainline infantry units. what makes the marines so special, show a little bit of love to the grunts and buff them to compete with the marines ffs. Sniper Anti-infantry unit is drastically unfair and unbalanced compared to the Banished's Elite Rangers Anti-infantry unit. to begin, why the hell can a UNSC player buikd a Sniper unit with level 1 tech when it takes the banished leader to have a level 2 tech to manufacture a Elite Ranger unit. this is clearly a balance issue off the start. this sets the stage for a UNSC player to have a effective infantry force shortly after a match has started. additionally, the UNSC sniper unit has a much higher field of view than the elite ranger. this is bullsh*t. how can one fight against the sniper unit with elite rangers when one unit has a larger field of view than the other. also the sniper unit does more damage than the elite rangers. in a 1 on 1, the elite ranger will die before it even has a line of sight on the sniper unit. how did this get pass testing? next, the sniper unit has 2 allowing it to acquire cloaking and the 2nd upgrade allowing it to have increased damage. what upgrades do the elites have, thing. what, you guys come up with any creative upgrades to give the elites huh; talk about creativity. how about first bringing down the field of view for the sniper unit to match the field of view for the elite ranger. this way when 1 unit sees the other unit, that unit will also have a sight on the other unit. next lets talk about upgrades. why cant the elites have a upgrade that gives them cloaking, they only had cloakibilities in every halo game, no reason why this one should be different. secondly give them the upgrade to allow them to have the beam rifles like the jackels had in halo wars 1. you gave the unsc snipers the upgrade that allows them to do increased damage for no f*cking reason, i dont see why the elite rangers cant have a upgrade the does the same thing. also bring the tech level to manufacture a elite ranger to level 1 just like the unsc sniper unit or, move the unsc sniper unit's to a must have level 2 tech in order to manufacture. there you will have balance. was that too hard to come up with?

Now lets talk about vehicles. to start, the unsc Scorpion tank is a piece of sh*t compared to what it was in halo wars 1. it is slower, and the canister shell ability performance is poor. it is not effective against anything being infantry units, other vehicles or structures. this ability needs a buff. i find the wraiths scorch mortar upgrade to be more effective at killing infantry and other vehicles than the canister shell ability. i dont think this is a balance issue but a unit issue altogether. the scorpion tank needs to become more reliable to be a effective unit in a the late game. where it stands now, its not even worth using. also when it gets shot at by the cyclops with the shock rounds upgrade, it practically becomes immobile allowing for it to become easily over run. also the canister shell ability seems bugged as it does not fire it when the command to use the ability is given. like the wraiths scorch mortar ability, when the command is given, the wraith instantaneously fires the scorch mortar. i believe the canister shell ability should do the same. the scorpion tank should not emit a small light show indicating that it is charging up to fire the canister shell and fire it moments later after giving the command; like halo wars 1, allow the tank to fire the ability instantly.

now i have a question, what the hell was going through your minds
have you seen the brute hammers yet. you can get 6 hammer units and 6 grunts by 3 minutes. the hammers stun marines and they are building killers, so as it stands the only counter is to do the same thing but with flammers or mirror brutes. (which at this time you cannot even really scout before its too late) because as you pointed out rangers are a no showalso the last thing i'll add is in 3v3's kinsanos can drop 3 turrets and 6 marines on a covy base and kill it at the start.. The only real counter is to know its coming prior and build turrets.
I wish cutter could still make ODST and not just drop a couple of them look at forge he can make his grizzlies and drop them off the leader wheel.
To the dumb -Yoink- developers of Halo Wars 2 (sh*tty war. This game has the most absurd unit and leader power balancing I've ever seen in a rts. Let me begin with the infantry units for both the unsc and banished factions starting with the mainline troops.
to begin, how the F*ck is the Grunt squad supposed to compete with the god d*mn marines? you gave the marines 2 unique upgrades which just completely sh*ts all over the upgrades that the grunts get. the marines are decently effective against all units and structures whereas the grunts are only decently effective against infantry, which is bullsh*t, and air units. the marines get the ability to toss grenades at other units when in proper range whereas the grunts second ability allows them to toss a land mine. in a 1 on 1 battle, the marines will win because they are slightly more better at killing infantry and their second ability allows them to do increased damage in a single AoE blast. for a banished player, his/hers grunt squad must toss a land mine, not while clicking on an enemy unit, but to an area around the unit. then he/she must wait for the timer on the land mine to reach zero thus exploding causing practically no damage at all. this trash secondary ability is not as effective as the marines ability to toss a grenade. the land mine does practically no damage to anything it hits. solution to this, give them back the damn plasma grenade from halo wars 1. moving on to the second upgrade that these units get, completely widens the gap between the dps for these units. you idiots gave the marines the ability to fire a rpg, while the grunts upgrade only add a additional grunt and brute... WHAT????? this is not balanced, considering that the grunts are greatly weaker than the marines. with the rpg ability, marines are even more effective at taking down vehicles and air units too. they'll bomb the hell out of vehicles with the grenade ability then fire rpgs along with their regular ar's that they have. the grunts however, are virtually destroyed by anything if they so much as look at them the wrong way. to even the playing field, give them the fuel rod cannon and increase basic dps for the overall squad, thus putting them on the same level as the marines. in the original halo games developed by bungie, one would run across grunts with the fuel rod cannons. also i dont know if this is a bug or not, but the marines also gathers resources faster than the grunts. this dont make no sense whatsoever. overall you developers need to even the playing field for these two mainline infantry units. what makes the marines so special, show a little bit of love to the grunts and buff them to compete with the marines ffs. Sniper Anti-infantry unit is drastically unfair and unbalanced compared to the Banished's Elite Rangers Anti-infantry unit. to begin, why the hell can a UNSC player buikd a Sniper unit with level 1 tech when it takes the banished leader to have a level 2 tech to manufacture a Elite Ranger unit. this is clearly a balance issue off the start. this sets the stage for a UNSC player to have a effective infantry force shortly after a match has started. additionally, the UNSC sniper unit has a much higher field of view than the elite ranger. this is bullsh*t. how can one fight against the sniper unit with elite rangers when one unit has a larger field of view than the other. also the sniper unit does more damage than the elite rangers. in a 1 on 1, the elite ranger will die before it even has a line of sight on the sniper unit. how did this get pass testing? next, the sniper unit has 2 allowing it to acquire cloaking and the 2nd upgrade allowing it to have increased damage. what upgrades do the elites have, thing. what, you guys come up with any creative upgrades to give the elites huh; talk about creativity. how about first bringing down the field of view for the sniper unit to match the field of view for the elite ranger. this way when 1 unit sees the other unit, that unit will also have a sight on the other unit. next lets talk about upgrades. why cant the elites have a upgrade that gives them cloaking, they only had cloakibilities in every halo game, no reason why this one should be different. secondly give them the upgrade to allow them to have the beam rifles like the jackels had in halo wars 1. you gave the unsc snipers the upgrade that allows them to do increased damage for no f*cking reason, i dont see why the elite rangers cant have a upgrade the does the same thing. also bring the tech level to manufacture a elite ranger to level 1 just like the unsc sniper unit or, move the unsc sniper unit's to a must have level 2 tech in order to manufacture. there you will have balance. was that too hard to come up with?

Now lets talk about vehicles. to start, the unsc Scorpion tank is a piece of sh*t compared to what it was in halo wars 1. it is slower, and the canister shell ability performance is poor. it is not effective against anything being infantry units, other vehicles or structures. this ability needs a buff. i find the wraiths scorch mortar upgrade to be more effective at killing infantry and other vehicles than the canister shell ability. i dont think this is a balance issue but a unit issue altogether. the scorpion tank needs to become more reliable to be a effective unit in a the late game. where it stands now, its not even worth using. also when it gets shot at by the cyclops with the shock rounds upgrade, it practically becomes immobile allowing for it to become easily over run. also the canister shell ability seems bugged as it does not fire it when the command to use the ability is given. like the wraiths scorch mortar ability, when the command is given, the wraith instantaneously fires the scorch mortar. i believe the canister shell ability should do the same. the scorpion tank should not emit a small light show indicating that it is charging up to fire the canister shell and fire it moments later after giving the command; like halo wars 1, allow the tank to fire the ability instantly.

now i have a question, what the hell was going through your minds
have you seen the brute hammers yet. you can get 6 hammer units and 6 grunts by 3 minutes. the hammers stun marines and they are building killers, so as it stands the only counter is to do the same thing but with flammers or mirror brutes. (which at this time you cannot even really scout before its too late) because as you pointed out rangers are a no showalso the last thing i'll add is in 3v3's kinsanos can drop 3 turrets and 6 marines on a covy base and kill it at the start.. The only real counter is to know its coming prior and build turrets.
They could of given grunts plasma grenades but nooooooooooooo
I genuinely believe that leader powers as a whole are way too strong and cost way to little for the amount of damage that they do. I've been in games that have lasted 3 hours... 3HOURS of nothing but army after army getting destroyed or completely protected against by just leader powers that come back by the time a new army is made. It's a never ending cycle and rather than using strategy to take advantage of other players I feel leader powers are too much of a cop out.
Please add also new map with the season pass! We would also have some old halo wars's 1 feautures: like the allied cursor on the minimap in multiplayer, and the possibly to look all around the map at the end of the online match to see our enemy strategy.
Please nerf locusts and scout units and buff Scorpions. The balance is nearly there but these 3 units aren't where they need to be at all. Locust builds are really common at the moment and it feels like the beta all over again. Thanks
ske7ch wrote:
Do you have design-related feedback regarding the Halo Wars 2 Multiplayer (Deathmatch, Domination, and Strongholds) ? If so, please share it here!
** PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS IF NECESSARY. **The types of multiplayer feedback the team is looking for includes:
  1. Leaders & abilities
  2. Unit balance (too weak? too powerful? too expensive? etc...)
  3. AI difficulty / effectiveness
  4. Map design'
  5. Overall game mode mechanics
Please provide as much detail as possible including which multiplayer mode you're playing and specify AI difficulty if applicable.

Please note this thread is for Deathmatch, Domination, and Strongholds design-related feedback only.Design feedback on campaign and Blitz can be shared in their respective threads in this forum.

Bugs or issues should be reported in the Support forum.

thank you!
All modes mainly effecting deathmatch:

Elite rangers are too poor as anti infrantry vs marine spam or their unsc counter parts, a solid fix would be reducing power cost to hellbringer level, or significantly buffing dps. They also could be tech 1 instead but have a nerf so they can be built early. I prefer the former suggestions, lower energy cost or increased dps vs infantry.

Kodiaks feel a tad too weak, increasing splash damage or dps vs stationary units would be helpful.

Hornets feel a little too strong early game, increasing cost from 375 to 400 would be a fair adjustment.

Sentinels from anders are strong but only early, I believe increasing energy cost from 30 to 50 will make the user have to invest more on energy over eco making them less spammy, still effective but more balanced.

Jack rabbits are fine unless with Forge cheaper vehicle power bonus, Isabel gets this but forge with cheap eco can triple and quad expand early making the rush hard to counter, I use a lot of forge found it strong, two ways to fix, make the second jackrabbit upgrade slightly more expensive inline with the chopper upgrade or make cheaper vehicles bonus only effect vehicle depot not scout units or make the cheaper effect less so 190, 160 instead. You could also nerf the heal upgrade slightly make it more expensive or make support drone heal slower, self healing is very strong.

Grunts could do with a slight health boost. Also they cost 200 for 2 grunts, marines cost 300 for 2, Atriox, decimus and shipmaster should get 3 grunts at the start as they are weaker than marines, or buff them and increase cost.

Leader powers are too cheap especially cleansing beam, increase cooldown or cost.

If I think of anything else or encounter anything else will edit in.

Edit: Ranking system for deathmatch please do not make it blitz exclusive, separate 2v2 and 3v3 deathmatch and leaderboards please.

Edit: The maps are all the same, some maps should have rebels by expansions, every map the mini bases and regular bases are open to get, some maps need to change to make it fresh.
Like Dalek said, the Elite Ranger infantry can be outmatched in many situations. Possibly buff up their attack by a little bit, and I think we should be good.

I don't use the rangers as much, because they don't last for too long.
2 things, First off you need to do something about this plague of locusts going around lately. They need to move slower and have shorter range badly the entire game is rush into locusts anything else is pointless. 2nd a small group of like 8 hammer brutes with undying is actually unstoppable from killing your base. They can ignore your defense which is stupid and destroy the entire base and you can only watch.
Sorry i have a question? My question is:
Is it normal for me to fall down due to crash out of halo wars 2?
Turrets need a buff. They are a waste of time and resources right now.
Turrets need a buff. They are a waste of time and resources right now.
ur a troll lmao
Hello, sorry I use a translator. I have some suggestions:
1. Rush is op. Example: 3vs3, 3 friends take Kinsano and throw in the first 2 minutes before the base gunshot and the Marines make the rest. Solution: makes the initial base stronger from the defense or the protected base can not attack.
2. Friends who play together must also play against other friends, as in halo wars 1. So 3vs3 and 3 friends vs 3 friends.
3. Locust really should not have such a great shooting distance.
4. Brutes are also too strong at the beginning and flames (Kinsano). I had the wrestling onix in a 1 hour at 1vs1, have only won flames. 15 play in a row. Conclusion: rush makes play fun broken. If there is not something that happens, I never play again HW2 and will also advise anyone of it.

Edit: jack rabbit can easy kill a tank wtf oO
Locusts need to be nerfed. Perhaps making them be stationary in order to fire would be reasonable with their current range and damage. Right now the game is borderline unplayable against Banished because of how they can "drive-by" a base and kill in seconds.
2 things, First off you need to do something about this plague of locusts going around lately. They need to move slower and have shorter range badly the entire game is rush into locusts anything else is pointless. 2nd a small group of like 8 hammer brutes with undying is actually unstoppable from killing your base. They can ignore your defense which is stupid and destroy the entire base and you can only watch.
I agree with you in both respects. The locust should have a significantly lower range so base turrets can shoot at them. In addition, they should get a little more health for it, so they do not become completely useless. Theme Brutes. In relation to their health, they make too much damage to a base, but they are just anti-base units. Maybe they should get more damage from turrets, so they have to destroy them first and the defense units get time to stop the brutes.
Nerf locusts range and speed and fix the glitch where upgraded supply pads and generators dont say aug next to there name when you hover over them. Also nerf sentinals power in groups.
Put in-game leaderboards and display CSR in match/lobby

Love the game
please remove the additional damage vs buildings on the brute please
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. 43
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. ...
  9. 100