2. ...
  3. 45
  4. 46
  5. 47
  6. 48
  7. 49
  8. ...
  9. 100
You all realize how big of a buff they gave anders in the rush category right R/D makes marine grenades cheaper and all other things meaning any anders player is going right for that rush and with turret health and base health being reduced, I don't see how this is going to help with the rushes if anything you just buffed an even stronger rush and making it happen earlier also. Just thought I would let you know before you let the patch go live...
You think they care. Every patch/update so far has added or made another rush stronger. 343 and halo wars 2 will end up like titanic. Thought it was going to be greatest thing ever but will eventually sink because nobody pays attention
Halo wars 2 will never be a huge hit nor will it be a majorly played game and I will tell you now why that is and what 343 HAS to do to fix this cause they still can before it's to late.

As dumb as this sounds it is completely true. For a game to be a huge hit and retain players it has to be fun to lose. What I mean is even when you lose it was still fun for the losing team. If the losing team didn't have fun they quit playing halo wars which kills population.

Also you have to keep your regular players while attracting new ones. This game has a huge amount of people that have never heard nor played this game.

For example. Look at rocket league that game is all about skill. It has been out for awhile now years before halo wars 2 and there population is still growing cause people are still talking about it and how fun it is.

Why is that though? Pretty easy cause they are smart I've lost many games in rocket league and still had a blast playing cause usually the better player wins and you learn. Also there ranking system is so much better. If you start out you play kids that just started out and everybody learns together. It didn't deter a new player cause they only play new players. Unlike halo wars where 40s and 50s get matched with 5 10s and 20s and they most likely rush them with an OP rush. The lower players don't have fun losing that way cause they couldn't do anything dont learn anything can't build any units so they eventually quit playing.

343 if you want a big game you have to make it fun for the losing team so they want to keep playing. Don't know how many times in halo wars I start it up get rushed a game or 2 in a row then quit and play rocket league cause there I can still lose(still win most of the games) and have fun because it's Competive and you actually play people your skill level. It's not about who can build 6 jump pack brutes and lay down 30 million mines in 4 min so they can sleep at night thinking there good cause that ruins the game since it's not fun to lose to that. Why waste our time when theres hundreds of other video games out there where you can still have fun even if you lose. You want to cater to rushers don't be surprised when this game dies out.
I rush(mainly suppress expansions) in ranked because that is try hard mode but i do know what you're saying. Ive been trying for 5/6 games to get 3 condors lvl 3 air in normals and can't. Fk blitz, fk domination, and all that other bs. The game mode all rts games should have is turtle mode. a team war que where there is a 10 minute grace period.
You all realize how big of a buff they gave anders in the rush category right R/D makes marine grenades cheaper and all other things meaning any anders player is going right for that rush and with turret health and base health being reduced, I don't see how this is going to help with the rushes if anything you just buffed an even stronger rush and making it happen earlier also. Just thought I would let you know before you let the patch go live...
Agree - but rush ist Part of an rts.

yea anders gonna be perfect for some Kind of ruhs after this upcoming patch - i like that Option.
i like many of this changes -
But ranked in higher leaque will still be unplayable With this JB'S.
I love when people say "but rushing is a part of RTS". The R stands for "Real" as in real time strategy. It doesn't stand for rush. Why are players so content with that that they don't want to fix it and make a game enjoyable for players. You love the game but are fine with leaving in the part of it that makes it fail. It's like having a loved one with cancer and not treating it because death is a part of cancer. Get out of here with that crap. Tired of hearing it

Mini bases shouldn't be able to build scouts

Jump pack brutes mines need to be a tier 2 upgrade and health reduced

Locust shouldn't attack when moving and should be lvl 2 unit

Condors and scarabs are fine ( if you let them build 3 condors or 3 scarabs you deserve to die by them)

If anything turrets need to be stronger to help defend against a rush not weaker. What is 343 thinking.
Ok, first off they are not making bases or turrets weaker. Reread the patch notes. They are decreasing the buff from the upgrade fortify.

Secondly, I just played two games where I was Kinsano JR rushed and suicide/brute rushed... i won both games.

Third. Rushing is part of all RTS games and need to stay in a viable strategy. I can make this desicion in REAL time and the opponent can scout it in TIME to come up with a counter STRATEGY. Do I think that the rush should punish someone a little more in terms of eco? Yes. But I don't think it should be nerfed so bad it can't be used.

And lastly, Andres did get a buff to R/D, however I don't think it will be noticable until mid game. But that statement is to be determined. Need to be played live first.
I love when people say "but rushing is a part of RTS". The R stands for "Real" as in real time strategy. It doesn't stand for rush. Why are players so content with that that they don't want to fix it and make a game enjoyable for players. You love the game but are fine with leaving in the part of it that makes it fail. It's like having a loved one with cancer and not treating it because death is a part of cancer. Get out of here with that crap. Tired of hearing it

Condors and scarabs are fine ( if you let them build 3 condors or 3 scarabs you deserve to die by them)

If anything turrets need to be stronger to help defend against a rush not weaker. What is 343 thinking.
Well I also had Games which made fun.

Agree With all - but locust are fine With the next patch. I dont had Even big trouble With locust in the past.
In my opinion super units Arent that good - too easy to counter them fast. Building 3 super units is stupid specialY in upper ranks.

Snide Spartan - which rank and mode? 1v1?

I agree it is counterable - if u just Do nearly the same or in 1v1 Or lower ranks 💁🏼‍♂️
Halo wars 2 will never be a huge hit nor will it be a majorly played game and I will tell you now why that is and what 343 HAS to do to fix this cause they still can before it's to late.

As dumb as this sounds it is completely true. For a game to be a huge hit and retain players it has to be fun to lose. What I mean is even when you lose it was still fun for the losing team. If the losing team didn't have fun they quit playing halo wars which kills population.

Also you have to keep your regular players while attracting new ones. This game has a huge amount of people that have never heard nor played this game.

For example. Look at rocket league that game is all about skill. It has been out for awhile now years before halo wars 2 and there population is still growing cause people are still talking about it and how fun it is.

Why is that though? Pretty easy cause they are smart I've lost many games in rocket league and still had a blast playing cause usually the better player wins and you learn. Also there ranking system is so much better. If you start out you play kids that just started out and everybody learns together. It didn't deter a new player cause they only play new players. Unlike halo wars where 40s and 50s get matched with 5 10s and 20s and they most likely rush them with an OP rush. The lower players don't have fun losing that way cause they couldn't do anything dont learn anything can't build any units so they eventually quit playing.

343 if you want a big game you have to make it fun for the losing team so they want to keep playing. Don't know how many times in halo wars I start it up get rushed a game or 2 in a row then quit and play rocket league cause there I can still lose(still win most of the games) and have fun because it's Competive and you actually play people your skill level. It's not about who can build 6 jump pack brutes and lay down 30 million mines in 4 min so they can sleep at night thinking there good cause that ruins the game since it's not fun to lose to that. Why waste our time when theres hundreds of other video games out there where you can still have fun even if you lose. You want to cater to rushers don't be surprised when this game dies out.
That is very true I agree with you and everything what you say rts should be fun and strategy
Please just remove Kinsano until she is correctly balanced. And admit you guys were trolling when you decided to give her 'heat of battle' as a starting leader power.
Can we please have a five minute time limit before the match starts with we can start building our units in our supplies before someone starts rushing without thinking before they destroy you I mean this is like playing chess right you have to plan out your micromanager resources but I don't feel that way in this game right now everybody is rushing with wins within 4 minutes in the game this is this is not an RTS game can you please fix this problem to prevent rushing from occurring all together where is the strategy in this game there is no strategy if the game is over in 4 minutes i played 22 games in multiplayer in a ranked match and all they know how to do is Rush there's no strategy people are just not thinking I mean are we not teaching them how to play like a chess game then some kind of shooter FanFest pipe game with quick wins but no strategy that's how it feels like right now so can you please fix these problems are you going to help people playing your game
I still think they should lower the energy cost for snipers since they can't attack buildings or vehicles.
if they buffed non flame wart hogs it wouldn't really be a problem, but in all honesty you should be building a few rabbits every game. MY beef is with the truly un turtle-able rushes dying breath hammer brutes, 3 kinsano turrets, speedy locusts.

Against enemy jack rabbits 3-5 off your own and anti vehicle turrets would massacre them
I still think they should lower the energy cost for snipers since they can't attack buildings or vehicles.
Not really. Any cheaper and they become spam-able. There needs to be punishment for choosing the wrong counter units. The only issue with Snipers is that Scout vehicles own Marines and Snipers making an infantry push hard. Once Scout vehicles become less spam-able and more scout and power node control, then Snipers will shine.

Maybe, make Snipers be able to hit Scout units (6-7 shot kill) would allow more more options in the early game. For this to happen they would need to make Elites tech 1 and do the same thing. Would make sense since Scout unit bodies are exposed in vehicles.

I main Cutter so I use Snipers a lot.
I'm really excited for the new patch. I think it'll force new strategies out of anders players (me), and it sounds like she'll play a whole lot more like she did in HW1. Hoorah!
I support a game mode that allows about a 7-10 minute grace period to build up, for those of us who don't particularly enjoy rushes and just wanted to build up and use big forces to battle each other. Would be an awesome game mode to integrate

Love all of this except the locusts not being able to shoot while moving. Without this ability they'd be worthless like in halo wars 1. But everything else I 100% agree. Oh and hunters should Be able to run and gun like the cyclops.
so let me get this straight... locust can move while firing there cannon but hunters cant? it should be the other way around. uhh 343 and creative assembly, WTF were you people thinking when this game was development? once again, -Yoinking!- balancing issues in this trash game. the beam cannon upgrade on hunters is complete useless.
You should really change all the empty base slots around the map to Forerunner installations guarded by sentinels. It would be a lot more fun.
I would like to see an Elite leader without brutes. Elites and grunts only. Or a Grunt leader. Nothing but grunts :D I'm still waiting for the Unggoy rebellion.

It would look a lot better if the aerial units would engage in dogfights flying in circles instead of just hover there shooting each other....especially the banshees.
It would be nice if units would automatically slowly fall back to the direction opposite of the enemy engaging them if being attacked by ranged units rather than sit there and die..The same goes for standing there and letting leader powers kill you. SCATTER! Maybe the damage wont be some bad. They should not require that much attention by the player. He/she has more important things to do with such a limited interface and so many tasks.
Needs a lot more cover areas on the battlefield for infantry units.
I would have rather had marines create sandbag bunkers with an upgradeable gun emplacement and have the grenade throw passive like the rocket launchers. But that's just me.
Maybe when the Scorpio comes out we can create a RTS with holographic interface and voice commands. More strategy and less constant unit replacing. It would be nice to watch the battle without constantly having to move the screen around performing other tasks. I would like to be able to see a marine squad take a lot of hits, know that it is going to lose and die and say "Squad 1, cover squad 2 (making squad 1 move in front of squad 2 creating aggro and splitting the damage between the two marine units) and then say squad 2 fall back to outpost 1. At the same time use the holographic interface to draw a route with your finger on the ground for a few warthogs - performing a drive by between the marines and the fire they're taking. Giving squad one time to escape as well. There is a civil war game on steam called ultimate general that does that. I think that would be great. Warthogs should not just drive up to an enemy and stop. Also issue commands to your base. "Base 1, keep 3 Nightingales on the field at all times set rally point to outpost 1." Then units are automatically created upon destruction and you can focus a lot more of your attention on the battle.

It's time for some new innovations in RTS games. This game feels too simple and outdated in design for the year it was created in. Though its pretty fun, I think the Halo Wars 3 should be the next step in the evolution of RTS.
Elite rangers need a major buff like beam rifles (the covenant sniper) or fuel rods, banished ransacked alot of covenant depots, hard to imagine they didn't get beam rifles or fuel rods. Just had 12 ranger squads massacred by 6 snipers it was no contest at all. They were lvl 2 upgraded too it was complete bs. Even with shields they would get slaughtered. They are a tier 2 unit that gets completely smashed by a tier 1 unit.
Here's a few suggestions.
1. Make them tier 1 units
2. Tier 2 upgrade give them shields
3. Tier 3 give them two additional elites one wielding a fuel rod.
It will make them true anti-infantry with splash damage and keep them diverse from their deadly counter part (unsc sniper) right now the unsc sniper has a cloak and increased stun damage when fully upgraded. I don't want to always go locusts or scarabs to win as banished the elite rangers have potential but they are completely useless as of right now. I really don't see how the elite rangers even passed through the testing phase. Unsc can go all infantry and do very well, banished tries it and they are just meat for the grinder if the opposing team has a few snipers haha. Just wanted to let you guys know again elite rangers are still ****.
So, Halo Wars 2 is now apparently Halo Rush.

12 games in a row, the enemy rushed then just funneled units. So if you wanna not just get wiped out, its creating the situation where BOTH sides need to rush now. Awesome. Why even bother playing at that point?

This constitutes a legitimate problem. And I have tried explaining this to said individuals who rush. They either don't care or they have just resigned themselves to playing Halo Rush. My suggestion is to either make it easier to tech up faster and or improve base defenses to deter people from early game rushing. Because something needs to happen or else all interest is just going to die off completely for people who could just as well be spending their time and money elsewhere.
Atrioxs abilities​. They are army crushing abilities that are OP, to be able to use an invincibility isn't too bad but when combined with his eradication ability is making it near to impossible to destroy his army. I have played many games in 2vs2 ranked and always comes down to his OP ability destroying a whole army and not losing many to none units. Now in my opinion the only thing that need to be fixed is how much damage his eradication ability dose it can almost wipe out fully upgraded base. I think he needs a nerf his arms never seem to die.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 45
  4. 46
  5. 47
  6. 48
  7. 49
  8. ...
  9. 100