1. I would like to see more unit abilities is some future content patch. Especially for units without any upgrades. I see why there are less upgrades per unit than HW1, but I would like every unit to have at least two upgrades. Some ideas are damage over time area of effect upgrades for artillery, smoke shells for artillery, missile barrage and extra missiles for the wolverine.
2. Most of my domination games devolve into deathmatch where destroying the enemy base is quicker and easier. I think making the home base tougher would lead to more games where the objective is played for. Perhaps having the home base have turrets and level 3 fortifications from the start. Expansion however will require level 3 fortifications to be researched and turrets to be built.
3. 2v2 playlist for deathmatch. I know more playlists splits the community, but I think death match would be the best mode to have this option, so we can see smaller maps more often.
4. Heroic and Legendary AI playlists. You can do what Halo 5 did and make Legendary a weekend only playlist with an xp bonus.
5.Make AI challenges, specifically rush challenges, able to be completed in custom matches. Maybe add a minimum difficulty and a no skulls requirement.
6. More maps in future content patches. I would also like to see some more creativity in the maps. HW1 maps always had some little gimmick to them, like turrets that can be captured, garrisons that create barriers, etc. Maybe if a ranked mode were to be created in the future, these features could be disabled for it. This would be fun in unranked or skirmish modes. I can already see some of this design in maps with light bridges and healing towers, so keep it up.
7. Get rid of the supply and energy counter in strongholds. We don't need to see it. It may be confusing to someone new. Or put an infinity symbol to make it clear whats happening. It would also be cool if you could get rid of the resource cost of units and replaced it with the production time cost in seconds since that and population cost is what really matters.
8. This goes for all game modes. Please redesign the UI for PC. I don't even play it on the PC, but I would be frustrated if I did. If you really want to entice PC gamers into getting Windows 10 and using the store, you should treat them with more respect. Radial menus are not helpful and a toolbar with good hotkeys are standard on the PC. I would hope CA understands.