2. ...
  3. 48
  4. 49
  5. 50
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. ...
  9. 100
If they remove the ability to attack from scout units it will stop people from using them to rush.
Just to clear it up I have been playing rts for awhile plus the first halo wars since it came out. I played with alot of the top (rushers) players in halo wars but quit playing with them cause it was boring the game was decided in the first 4 min.

It's obvious it is pointless talking to you guys cause your content with leaving this game trash. There won't be any big championship or league play or high stakes tournament and this game won't be a hit cause every game will be the same rushes and won't be exciting to play nor watch. I'm tired of players saying rushing is apart of rts. It doesn't have to be. If you want to keep it in it thats fine but make a game type for players that don't want to and we'll see which one attracts more players. . I'm fine with having units early to fight for power nods mini bases but you shouldn't be able to kill a base with starter units so quick.

Rushing should be a risk. It should hurt your economy and your start and if your rush fails you shouldn't be better off then the player you rushed.

Right now the only way to beat a (decent) rush is to rush and that's not fun which is why were complaining. You don't have to play 30 min matches apparently if you are your either to bad to kill your opponent and need the experience or both teams are good counters to each other which makes for an awesome back and forth game which is exactly what we want so the better team wins. Put strategy back into RTS. Unless your fine with every game being locust brutes and scouts then this game is going nowhere.

Make a game type for players that don't want to rush. If you rush a non rushing player it doesn't make you good quit thinking you are. I refuse to do these rushes not because I can't do them (Helen Keller can do them) but because it is no fun do it. I'd have more fun throwing rocks at a wall then do these rushes. Make a new game type 343

If you think rushing is tough to do then you prolly eat crayons for breakfast
One more thing I would like to say that I shouldn't have to cause it should be common sense.

Moving the kinsano turret drop doesn't do anything to fix rushes so anybody saying this update will help you are mistaken.

"O no they moved the turret drop I guess we have to start actually playing the game now"
-said no rusher ever

All the people that did that turret drop rush will now move to doing jump pack brute and scout rushes. So pretty much doing nothing to fix rushing.

1 thing I learned is that no matter what there will be players that ruin games and its the developers job to fix that.

Unless your 343 then you encourage it(no common sense)

Even if there's is only 1 rush that works these players will do it cause it gets them cheap wins and at the expense of ruining it for the majority of players. So until they remove the ability of OP rushes, halo wars 2 will soon be a " what could have been game" Hence while this game is failing when it should be exploding with players but like always developers get there ideas and feedback from cracker jack boxes fortune cookies and that little black ball that supposedly tells the future when you shake it. (All jokes aside this game is trash when it can easily be gold) fix rushing=next big game but it's almost getting to late as alot of players are already over this game

Put Donald Trump in charge so he can make halo wars great again before it's to late
I'm pretty sure they did, colony can build a wall!

The games rushes can be beat easily, you are just not putting in the effort to do it. Upgrade your turret at the expense of a later tech one turret is sufficient enough to stop a jackrabbit rush with a defending army. If you are getting defeated constantly you are not learning how to counter. Ministry but rushing is and will forever be apart of an RTS get used to it, besides I thought you were boycotting this game so why does it matter to you anymore? The turret drop will stop a two minute rush from kinsano, I am very thankful for that. Not everyone wants to sit in a game for 30mins or more. It's not a cheap way to win it's just a way to win. I'm not a rusher in a techer btw.
Your a terrible teacher. Yes maybe that turret can defend but guess what your opponent will have a secondary up and all the mini bases cause you can't expand cause his scouts are still there and your still lose

Upgrading a turret that quick lol your be so slowed down you won't have a chance

You must play against beginners cause that is a terrible strategy and won't work against anybody good.

Come back when you actually know what your talking about

Ps I said I wasn't going to play until they make this game enjoyable. It's not even worth playing right now. I've been playing rocket league and world of tanks till they fix it. If they don't me and my buddies won't start playing it again and won't be buying a 343 game ever again
It's useless arguing with someone like you. Rushing is going to be in this game just like Warcraft 3, starcraft, etc etc any rts game. Sorry to see a fellow halo wars player go but if you can't counter it then I guess you lack the ability to adapt.
Death match gameplay
in patch notes it says your increasing eradicate cost but no increased cost for inferno?? Basically same power. I think Mac Blast and Forges Scatter Bomb should be moved to same unlock as eradicate and Inferno and be just as powerful.
Move Isabel cheap vehicle cost to first power to make her more usable.
Move forges cheap vehicles to first so players can choose vehicle or economy.
Anders is powerful but she takes time. I think you keep her as is.
Tanks feel weak. For the cost the need to be more powerful.
Colony is subject to change the game meta. I think making to many changes before seeing how the game plays with Colony available is a mistake. Release Colony then make adjustments.
Atriox powers like unbreakable Bulwark and Dying breath are good as is. Do not nerf.
Locus need to do less damage vs Air
Isabel should Permanently take over a certain unit cap number. Like 30 but only if she has the unit cap space
Decimus should get a passive that allows him to have a higher unit cap since he is a majority of passives.
Cutter is good as is.
Shipmaster shroud cost reduce to 300
Disruption bomb is sadly missed and I think would bring a new balance to the game that leader powers need. Keep the Leader powers strong, but give each leader a disruption bomb and long cool down time.

Buff Forge scatter bomb seriously. It destroy his leader defensive/ offensive abilities meta
Saints14 wrote:
Disruption bomb is sadly missed and I think would bring a new balance to the game that leader powers need. Keep them strong but give each play a disruption bomb and long cool down time.

Buff Forge scatter bomb seriously. It destroy his leader defensive/ offensive abilities meta
Nah forge is actually great! Very well balanced leader right now in my opinion anyway. His scatter bomb is getting a very slight buff that I think is going to make a big difference being the time to drop dropped to 1.5 from 2.0 seconds those 2 seconds made a big difference but overall I think forge is extremly well balanced. Being able to drop in 3 1 star grizzlies for a whopping 33 unit points with the click of a button anywhere you want is an excellent defense and offensive ability. And his turret drop is also pretty useful in a pinch. Forge right now is very well balanced imo
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out individuals. This includes forum members, moderators, administrators, and non-forum members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
My major issue is balancing player levels and matchmaking in blitz mode. I'm a full time paramedic, that means my work weeks are like 70 hours or so as we are short staffed. I can't play MP religiously like some people and when I play blitz against a team of level 50 players it's like why bother? They've received so many more packs than I have their units are jacked.

Great example. Just played a match against two level 50's playing as a team I keep running into. One had a level 10 Ironclad Wraith about 10 seconds into the match. So I looked again and sure enough above all his troops was a level 10 veteran marker. There hadn't even been a first kill yet.

So in order to avoid them I blocked them. As far as unit balance the Bilsterback needs a severe balancing. If you've done so then you failed. Especially at higher levels I have 6 cyclops and a couple hornets pounding one and not only does it barely take damage but it dishes out ridiculous amounts. Only super units like the Condor and Scarab should have that kind of resiliency and firepower mixed.

Yeah a long winded post, sorry, but those are the only two major issues in seeing. One of the guys I teamed up with from work from the last game stated "These guys are bull, there's no way at the beginning they can have units that powerful". This dude never complains about anything. He sucks at CoD and is happy to play still and get whooped so I was surprised. He stated they could be cheating. Wait, that's not even possible is it?
Assjst wrote:
Have to agree. Hey if you're getting spanked you're getting spanked. If you think there's an issue report of block the players you have the issue with. Otherwise suck it up and complete thematch. Look at it this way, even a defeat STILL will count towards your daily and weekly challenges.
One more thing I would like to say that I shouldn't have to cause it should be common sense.

Moving the kinsano turret drop doesn't do anything to fix rushes so anybody saying this update will help you are mistaken.

"O no they moved the turret drop I guess we have to start actually playing the game now"
-said no rusher ever

All the people that did that turret drop rush will now move to doing jump pack brute and scout rushes. So pretty much doing nothing to fix rushing.

1 thing I learned is that no matter what there will be players that ruin games and its the developers job to fix that.

Unless your 343 then you encourage it(no common sense)

Even if there's is only 1 rush that works these players will do it cause it gets them cheap wins and at the expense of ruining it for the majority of players. So until they remove the ability of OP rushes, halo wars 2 will soon be a " what could have been game" Hence while this game is failing when it should be exploding with players but like always developers get there ideas and feedback from cracker jack boxes fortune cookies and that little black ball that supposedly tells the future when you shake it. (All jokes aside this game is trash when it can easily be gold) fix rushing=next big game but it's almost getting to late as alot of players are already over this game

Put Donald Trump in charge so he can make halo wars great again before it's to late
I'm pretty sure they did, colony can build a wall!

The games rushes can be beat easily, you are just not putting in the effort to do it. Upgrade your turret at the expense of a later tech one turret is sufficient enough to stop a jackrabbit rush with a defending army. If you are getting defeated constantly you are not learning how to counter. Ministry but rushing is and will forever be apart of an RTS get used to it, besides I thought you were boycotting this game so why does it matter to you anymore? The turret drop will stop a two minute rush from kinsano, I am very thankful for that. Not everyone wants to sit in a game for 30mins or more. It's not a cheap way to win it's just a way to win. I'm not a rusher in a techer btw.
Your a terrible teacher. Yes maybe that turret can defend but guess what your opponent will have a secondary up and all the mini bases cause you can't expand cause his scouts are still there and your still lose

Upgrading a turret that quick lol your be so slowed down you won't have a chance

You must play against beginners cause that is a terrible strategy and won't work against anybody good.

Come back when you actually know what your talking about

Ps I said I wasn't going to play until they make this game enjoyable. It's not even worth playing right now. I've been playing rocket league and world of tanks till they fix it. If they don't me and my buddies won't start playing it again and won't be buying a 343 game ever again
It's useless arguing with someone like you. Rushing is going to be in this game just like Warcraft 3, starcraft, etc etc any rts game. Sorry to see a fellow halo wars player go but if you can't counter it then I guess you lack the ability to adapt.
I would like a non rush mode maybe 10 minute grace period...sometimes i like to chill and build uber units without some scrub plat player thinking he's the -Yoink- cuz he caught me sleeping
very unbalanced in the campaign exspecially with the leader powers wiping out whole armys in a matter of seconds
As of right now i am triple champion in all the death-match playlists, and i have to say it was fairly easy. I honestly have used only 3 or 4 strats this entire time since the kinsano drop. 1v1 i used the jackrabbit/flamer cheese. 2v2 jackrabbit leader xp exploit, and 3v3 atriox locust or brute rush. The game is beautiful, but needs more ways to improve on making the game more flexible than just using a handful of strats to win the game due to OP leader powers and units. i am sure when (if) this patch drops the game will be more balanced, but i still see areas that need improvement.
-Cheers
As power leaders are real game changers, I'd appreciate a bonus or penalty system on leader powers earning and cooldown. I'm more thinking of a bonus rewarding offensive playstyle and map control over long durations than penalising players who just sit in their locked bases.

Yeah something like no leader points and slower cooldown when your base is locked while not under assault.
I agree on adding a no rush mode. Simply add an impassible energy shield that cuts the map in half that disappears after 10-12 minutes. Make it its own playlist. Everyone's happy.
How come cutter can't make ODST but forge can make grizzlies?
ZuluKaneda wrote:
As power leaders are real game changers, I'd appreciate a bonus or penalty system on leader powers earning and cooldown. I'm more thinking of a bonus rewarding offensive playstyle and map control over long durations than penalising players who just sit in their locked bases.

Yeah something like no leader points and slower cooldown when your base is locked while not under assault.
Disruption bomb is the answer for leader powers!
ZuluKaneda wrote:

It is like that.. you do suffer from not gaining leader points while sticking yourself to a single base. Plus, you lose map control which is essiental to winning.

The game is already offensive enough as it is. (Especially soon because of the new patch lowering base hp if I read correct) Play to your style, learn how to win, be happy :)
CR0N14 wrote:
Pointless talking to you guys. I said it before. Rushing doesn't have to be apart of RTS games. It's what ruins halo wars. It's not hard to do a rush anybody can build these locust and jump pack brutes and scouts. It's not hard I can train koko the gorilla to do these rushes. To say were noobs cause we don't rush proves my point that rushers are literally to dumb to talk to.

If your supposedly so good and were noobs why do you have a problem with them curbing rushing?

It's because rushers can't do anything except rush and its a cancer to this game. You may be afraid you can't win unless you rush.

It's sad you find that fun even. Says alot about you kids.

O well keep that attitude up and this game will die out soon enough and you guys will be the reason why I hope you know that.

I bet you if they made a game type where you can't rush so quick with such song units the players in that lobby will triple the amount of players in the other lobby.

What's the point of new leaders when you can never even get a game long enough to build them cause rushing has completely taken over this game. Rushers are the liberals of the rts world cause there a cancer and ruin it for everybody.

Have fun playing your 5 min games il go play some rocket league and actually have fun
Dude you think rushing is just wearing a blindfold and spamming units? People who rush often as their play style have to follow specific unit builds and get map control early. That takes skill and planning. Do you even know what people do within the few minutes leading up to the rush? They aren't chilling there and sipping wine they're making sure they prep up for the rush so it doesn't fail, and if it does so that their economy won't be so badly set back as compared to their enemy. Have you ever successfully repelled a rush and gone into late game with a rusher? If what you said about rushers being complete noobs who only rely on rushing to win is true, that means that in a late game scenario with a rusher you'll definitely win, am I right? Totally not being sarcastic. Rushers don't just rely on rushing good rush players know what to do the moment their rush fails and they have to go late-game. Rushing isn't some noob tactic that horrible people do to torment others, it's a viable part to RTS and thus halo wars that people should learn how to counter.

However, halo wars 2 does have quite a few really broken rushes that have to be fixed; they're just way too darn effective for the rusher. But once those patches come out people like you have to acknowledge that rushing is a legitimate strategy that is here to stay, so you better do your research, practise more, and master how to counter rushes and get back the advantage.

Yeah I know that casuals like you and me who are new to RTS don't want to have to deal with a rush every game as we just want to chill and have fun, but complaining about it and cursing those people who rush isn't right. We just have to grit our teeth and accept it, it's part of the game and it's completely justified.

But a triple Kinsano Turret rush? Oh hell no lol
"Rushing takes skill and planning" HAHAHAHA stoppppp
CR0N14 wrote:
Firefly318 wrote:
You should really change all the empty base slots around the map to Forerunner installations guarded by sentinels. It would be a lot more fun.
I would like to see an Elite leader without brutes. Elites and grunts only. Or a Grunt leader. Nothing but grunts :D I'm still waiting for the Unggoy rebellion.

It would look a lot better if the aerial units would engage in dogfights flying in circles instead of just hover there shooting each other....especially the banshees.
It would be nice if units would automatically slowly fall back to the direction opposite of the enemy engaging them if being attacked by ranged units rather than sit there and die..The same goes for standing there and letting leader powers kill you. SCATTER! Maybe the damage wont be some bad. They should not require that much attention by the player. He/she has more important things to do with such a limited interface and so many tasks.
Needs a lot more cover areas on the battlefield for infantry units.
I would have rather had marines create sandbag bunkers with an upgradeable gun emplacement and have the grenade throw passive like the rocket launchers. But that's just me.
Maybe when the Scorpio comes out we can create a RTS with holographic interface and voice commands. More strategy and less constant unit replacing. It would be nice to watch the battle without constantly having to move the screen around performing other tasks. I would like to be able to see a marine squad take a lot of hits, know that it is going to lose and die and say "Squad 1, cover squad 2 (making squad 1 move in front of squad 2 creating aggro and splitting the damage between the two marine units) and then say squad 2 fall back to outpost 1. At the same time use the holographic interface to draw a route with your finger on the ground for a few warthogs - performing a drive by between the marines and the fire they're taking. Giving squad one time to escape as well. There is a civil war game on steam called ultimate general that does that. I think that would be great. Warthogs should not just drive up to an enemy and stop. Also issue commands to your base. "Base 1, keep 3 Nightingales on the field at all times set rally point to outpost 1." Then units are automatically created upon destruction and you can focus a lot more of your attention on the battle.

It's time for some new innovations in RTS games. This game feels too simple and outdated in design for the year it was created in. Though its pretty fun, I think the Halo Wars 3 should be the next step in the evolution of RTS.
What you're saying; it basically means you want to remove micro-managing entirely from gameplay... well, then Halo Wars wouldn't really be a RTS anymore.
No. You'll still have to manage resources and units. But if you want to prioritize the building of a specific unit you can. Sometimes I wont notice I only have one of my nightingales left until after I've built some offensive units and reached the max unit capacity. Then I go looking for them and realize what happened. >:( I like to always have 3. Mostly I just want voice commands and holographic hand gesture controls. :)
Has a replay/theater mode been suggested yet? So you can do back and watch matches with a free camera?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 48
  4. 49
  5. 50
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. ...
  9. 100