3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 100
A lot of things on multiplayer.

1st: 2v2 and 3v3 shouldn't be together, the game often drops to 2v2 without even trying to find a 3v3 match.

2nd: The game is quite unbalanced on UNSC's favour, overall on the early game: UNSC has acces to Hellbribgers and Snipers since the start and the marines are still much more stronger than the grunt squad, another UNSC may be able to use the same tactic to counter it, but the Banished can't, the best they can build is a chopper/ghost, that will be pretty screwed with the marines' granades. Elite rangers can't be unlocked until level 2, and they are still weak compared to snipers.
Also should be noted that the Banished's passive often only affect one kind of turret, while UNSC leaders can build cheaper platforms and reduce the price of many units and their upgrades.

3rd: Unfinished matches are the same either if the game crashed or you left, this should be changed, as unfinished matches are being count for challenges and count as defeat. Leaving a game should not count for challenges and still be counted as defeat, while game crash should count for challenges and be count as victory/defeat depending on the tides of match when a pleyer lost connection.

4th: I believe a surrender option would be useful, so you can finish a match with honour in case your allies are gone.
As stated numerous times before. The biggest thing I'm noticing is the combination of Anders and Forge. Forget using his ability to spam Jackrabbits quickly and Anders using sentinels. You can effectively counter the sentinels with marines, but there is no effective tech 1 counter to the jackrabbits. The two forces together are practically impossible to stop 4 minutes into a game. Increased cost of sentinels and a change to Forge's buff to vehicles may negate this. Otherwise everything else seems pretty balanced, just a few small things here and there.
The one thing that needs to change is the ghost because they are way to powerful in the early game so maybe increase the cost or decrease the damage or increase the pop cost by 1 to stop rushing at the start of the game
I keep encountering serious lag during multiplayer. only in team battles, solo play campaign and 1v1 is perfectly fine. but as soon as you go to 2v2 or 3v3 there is serious lag spikes. i had my friends try it too and its the same for them. Its not my computer either i have very high specs along with fast internet.
When ur @ ur base,and u want to move ur units true the mini map,it select's the buildings instead of moving the units to the pointed location on the mini map,very annoying.
Another good thing would be,u can ctrl group ur building's so u can instand make units from other location.

Btw this game for the win 10 seems to be in beta !
Never thought a company like microsoft would launch a game in the state that HW2 is.
A HUGE DISAPOINTMENT.
My biggest issue with the Game. Combat Salvage. SO OP. 3 Condors, send them in to attack base, kill a couple bases. If you can kill the first 3 IT RE-SPAWNS 3 MORE! 3 Team members coordinating this? Good luck. Unbelievable oversight. Super units should not be able to be "Combat Salvaged".
I would like to see nerfs to Turrets. They are way too strong and are too hard to kill even late game. They make ending a game way too hard even if it is 4 bases to 1. In my opinion they should be good early to deal with early game harass, but not strong enough to make ending a game seemingly impossible. Also I feel banished snipers need to be buffed. For a tech 2 anti infantry unit, they are outclassed by the unsc's tech 1 sniper. Their damage is lack luster. Perhaps a way to buff them can be one elite with a beam rifle with similar damage as the unsc sniper, or just increase the elite rangers damage. It is very difficult to deal with cyclops, marine, and odst as banished being as rangers do no damage and suicide grunts are easily kited.
The UNSC has, from memory, 4 infantry types and only one of them hits air units at medium effectiveness. I think having a anti-air super effective unit would be needed. Maybe a Cyclops that hits air instead of vehicles. The Banished could also do with one as they only have the Grunt packs and Elite Rangers that can hit air and medium and low effectiveness respectively.

The Wolverine and Reavers are essentially dead weight against infantry and tanks, they also (especially the Wolverines) get hit hard by air units. I feel that air units should do less damage to Wolverines and Reavers to make them a little bit more effective over marines and grunts that can hit everything at medium effectiveness.

A disruption bomb is in need of a return to counter leader powers when attacking/defending a base or army.

It would be nice to lock a Nightingale/Engineers to a vehicle and when you move the unit it is locked to the healer unit moves with it and also heals nearby units too. It would be great when you are losing a fight and retreat and your units are being healed at the same time. Usually it is just select all and move them away and you end up losing a unit or 2 trying to tell engineers to heal them, especially on the Xbox.

Starting vehicles need to use some (a small amount) of power to stop a supply only mass vehicle rush. I really get the feeling that if I don't rush, the enemy will. I am only talking about 5 or 10 power cost.

Banished need to start with 3 grunt squads to match the UNSC more powerful 2 marine squads.

One of the nice things about the original Halo Wars was that most units had at least 1 upgrade and most had 2 or 3. From memory I can't think of a unit that has 3 upgrades and only a few have 2.

I feel like super units should be a tech 4. Even though they cost a lot, only you have to get to tech 3 and have upgraded the unit built time, you can pump them out real quick. No sure why a Wraith/Tank is the same tech level as a Scarab/Condor.

The Professor Anders Sentinels need to be fixed some how. I would say making them take 1 more leader power away the best option. Otherwise increasing the supply/power requirement is the next best thing. As soon as you make a new base you get the option to unlock them and then you just spam them. Every time I see Anders I have to make Wolverines/Reavers and it is something the enemy can take advantage of right from the beginning.

I miss Jackals snipers.

I need to feel excited about veteran units. I don't see the extra effects it has in a large battle. If anyone know the bonus's you get from veteran units please let me know.
H4RR0 wrote:
The UNSC has, from memory, 4 infantry types and only one of them hits air units at medium effectiveness. I think having a anti-air super effective unit would be needed. Maybe a Cyclops that hits air instead of vehicles. The Banished could also do with one as they only have the Grunt packs and Elite Rangers that can hit air and medium and low effectiveness respectively.

The Wolverine and Reavers are essentially dead weight against infantry and tanks, they also (especially the Wolverines) get hit hard by air units. I feel that air units should do less damage to Wolverines and Reavers to make them a little bit more effective over marines and grunts that can hit everything at medium effectiveness.

A disruption bomb is in need of a return to counter leader powers when attacking/defending a base or army.

It would be nice to lock a Nightingale/Engineers to a vehicle and when you move the unit it is locked to the healer unit moves with it and also heals nearby units too. It would be great when you are losing a fight and retreat and your units are being healed at the same time. Usually it is just select all and move them away and you end up losing a unit or 2 trying to tell engineers to heal them, especially on the Xbox.

Starting vehicles need to use some (a small amount) of power to stop a supply only mass vehicle rush. I really get the feeling that if I don't rush, the enemy will. I am only talking about 5 or 10 power cost.

Banished need to start with 3 grunt squads to match the UNSC more powerful 2 marine squads.

One of the nice things about the original Halo Wars was that most units had at least 1 upgrade and most had 2 or 3. From memory I can't think of a unit that has 3 upgrades and only a few have 2.

I feel like super units should be a tech 4. Even though they cost a lot, only you have to get to tech 3 and have upgraded the unit built time, you can pump them out real quick. No sure why a Wraith/Tank is the same tech level as a Scarab/Condor.

The Professor Anders Sentinels need to be fixed some how. I would say making them take 1 more leader power away the best option. Otherwise increasing the supply/power requirement is the next best thing. As soon as you make a new base you get the option to unlock them and then you just spam them. Every time I see Anders I have to make Wolverines/Reavers and it is something the enemy can take advantage of right from the beginning.

I miss Jackals snipers.

I need to feel excited about veteran units. I don't see the extra effects it has in a large battle. If anyone know the bonus's you get from veteran units please let me know.
Veteran units have a bonus to damage, health, and armor... it's a small bonus but, you never know when it could be useful, like when you have a veterancy 3 vulture piloted by a veterancy 3 Spartan it all combines, or a veterancy super unit.
My biggest issue with the Game. Combat Salvage. SO OP. 3 Condors, send them in to attack base, kill a couple bases. If you can kill the first 3 IT RE-SPAWNS 3 MORE! 3 Team members coordinating this? Good luck. Unbelievable oversight. Super units should not be able to be "Combat Salvaged".
You can use "Combat Salvage" on Condors well that's nice to know ;)
Firstly loving the game, so glad we finally got a follow up to HW!

MASSIVE issue for me is connection going out of sync and the game just crashing, this is ruining playing experience and my win/loss ratio!! If there's not a quick fix for this at least scrap the game from records altogether, it should not count as a loss!!!

I was a big fan of the 3 spartan vehicles from HW and getting them 13/14 stars, so why is it so hard to keep units alive and rank them up now??? I've even been using cutters increased veteranacy and I'm not getting units promoted. I had a spartan wolverine which took out like 5 condors and not a single level of veteranacy was gained :S

Scorpions are just terrible!

Locusts and ODSTs are still OP in Blitz.

Units freezing is also an issue.
After playing a few matches yesterday (and losing), and playing both UNSC and Covenant, I can easily say at least the first 10 minutes are heavily in the UNSC's favor, especially seeing as how marines are WAY more powerful than grunts.
The matchmaking playlists should be separated. There should be straight 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 options as there was in the first Halo Wars. I know that there is for solo, but 2v2 and 3v3 are locked together. I do not want to randomly play 3v3s before I get to 2v2. This had to do with how much time I want to bother with playing a match, and I do not always want to play alone. I do not always want to play with 3 people. Or 50% of the time. I want choice.
After playing a few matches yesterday (and losing), and playing both UNSC and Covenant, I can easily say at least the first 10 minutes are heavily in the UNSC's favor, especially seeing as how marines are WAY more powerful than grunts.
That's interesting, I actually found the opposite (not including Anders who I feel is very overpowered). I think the Covenant get produce higher level units and more of them faster than the UNSC can.
Great game to play. BUT hate it when you destroy a base the AI instantly rebuilds it if the timer hits 0 seconds. I can't even click the menu open and it's already building again. Especially in STRONGHOLDS this is quite annoying...
Someone correct me if I am wrong or speak up if you disagree, but I think Isabel needs a buff/rework. I don't see what role she is supposed to fill. Forge does everything she can do but better. She gives tanks a shield which is cool and stuff but Scorpion tanks are quite bad so it's more of a "meh" ability. Ghost in the Machine as an ultimate is a good concept but she can't take over Condors and Scarabs even for a short duration.

Maybe she's a hidden gem but I rarely see anyone playing as her.
Whoa. I didn't know this. And I Just talked crap about Isabel but that seems super handy lol.
  1. Not entirely related to multiplayer but a replay option is pretty much needed. It's difficult to analyze games and mistakes if this doesn't exist. As someone who's new to the HW franchise my only option was to look at what people on twitch were doing or to struggle through a bunch of games to figure out what other people did that I didn't.
  2. UNSC feels stronger than the Banished. Mainly since the Banished damage output and abilities just don't seem as good. E.g. mines vs grenades.
  3. The anti-air units feel too weak, I'd expect them to be able to output more damage.
  4. Forge's early economy and map advantage just seems too good
There is an issue that has been made in other threads, but it seems to fit here as well... Playing multiplayer against the AI, even after a victory, always counts as a loss. This bug is killing my stats as well. I quite enjoy playing with others against the AI. Great way to play the game and get to know other players without the competitive tension between each other. I hate watching my stats plummet though, so I think I'll avoid it until it's fixed. I would be 14/18 in multiplayer, but I'm 7/18 because of this. Please fix it ASAP!
I get that this variant of halo wars is supposed to be sold on the idea of RTS combat as fast as a traditional halo game. However, on that point alone I would like to address the most annoying issue that I see with this games pacing in the modes of Deathmatch and or Domination. That is to say, the consistent usage of main base/outpost structure infantry and scout massing rushes and how it just makes for stale game play overall. Now I am not saying that players should be obliged to wait out a duration of 10 minutes before going after an opposing players jugular. However, I feel like we are being de-incentived to build up intermediary units when it's just so easy to pump out base units in masses as they require nothing but a few basic upgrades, expenditure of supplies, and the basic expansion that can be done on the fly. There just too effective for the unit price, and the ability produce them in masses at the early game. Almost every game starts with one side attempting this strategy with either infantry or scouts, and it either seals the match or backfires terribly from the attacking opponent. This could be de-emphasized by increasing creation times, cost or simply potentially tweaking the combat effectiveness of these units attack values against structures.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 100