5. 94
  6. 95
  7. 96
  8. ...
  9. 100
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
I believe that you shouldnt be able to pick the same leader as someone. There are enough of a diversity of different leaders to chose from. For example going up against 3 shipmasters in a party of 3 is just redicilous. Or 3 atrioxs. Without a disruption bomb in this game to stop leader powers. 3 eradications, 3 displacements is literally impossible to counter. My solution to this, is to make it so you cant choose the same leader as someone else did on your side.

The way the game is right now. Its either a 3 shipmaster rush, or 3 man atriox rush, before the nerf, all 3 man jerome rush.. we dont talk about how something that is good against infantry,vehicles AND AIR even makes it through development. I think making the game this way would give Halo Wars more of a diversity between matches. And not so much of everyone just spamming whats considered OP in the moment of whatevers current patches are out.
I would love to hear about anything else people would to say or add about this topic.
3 shipmasters would be dead before 6 minutes vs my team. 3 atrioxes would get pooped on by 1 jerome mantis and a chosen. onyx 1700s highest rank, please get champ top 50 before posting your opinion. thanks
Im actually onxy 1600 as well.. probably closer to top 200 then you are at this season. Dont come at me. Just agree or disagree. No need to bring your crappy personallity into a forum post made for feiedback. Please get over yourself
if you click on my name im champ 29, so please dont even try telling me idk what im talking about ill just laugh at your response.

i agree that displacements way to good but like i stated 3 shipmasters will be dead by 6 minutes, they will never get to that point

3 eradications sure its obserd but eradications far from op infact its easy to dodge. remember they have to get to that point. its physically impossible for 3 atreoxes to get map control why? because choppers are not viable we run shipmaster jerome atreox, i will laugh if i see tripple atreox.

chosibg more than 1 leader is fine, ppease dont change this 343
Im not talking about the leaders by themselves omg. Im talking about a 3v3 early game rush. One has 10 locusts, one has an army of grunts choppers, the other has aabout 12 banshees. Its 6 minutes in the game and they are all at one base. They are all shipmasters. Each of them displacement on your units or your team mates sending help. Your eliminated nothing you can do. 2v3. Even if you build counter units in time. Also the way the servers are rn 3 atrioxs eradication and the way delay on a command. Yeah right dude. Your armys gone unless you have air. Plus more than 1 eradication doesnt even have to detonate to do serious damage.
the way me and my team play, by 4 mins we have are heros out with 40 to 50 pop armys, if we see no units we go to your base and end the game. if your losing to 12 banshees at 6 minutes lol your builds are wrong, 1 guy doing ghosts and 2 fast tevhing is a horrible idea. you and your team need to start ebrasing the build or die meta, force units or die. build or die easy as that.

6 minutes by then we have 80 pop armys and are tech 2 from node map control.

you say the servers are laggy, what lag. theres never any lag granted my game freezes often then unfreezes and the game speeds up. but theres no lag
takes you 4 minutes to get your leader up ?? how do you fall that far back on building them, most people have them out by like 2:20
Problem: Air/Anti-air
Something needs to happen to air/anti-air. It seems that over 70% of my games contain at least one person banshee massing (I mainly play 3v3), I haven't encountered too many people massing hornets, don't know if they're the same, but banshee masses have no reliable counter:
  • Wolverine/reaver mass gets chewed up by banshees AND can outrun them. They will inflict quite heavy losses on the banshees, but if their controller has half a brain, he'll focus the AA and quickly wipe them or use terrain and maneuver away from them.
  • Marines can do not insignificant damage to banshees, but are much slower, and if they're losing a fight, they'll all piss off to another of your bases and wipe that instead.
  • Vultures are on par with marines, they'll either be run from and easily outrun, or fought (and likely be wiped faster than marines and before they can use their ability).
  • Banshees/hornets are the only counter approaching viable against opponents with decent microing ability, but if you start building them, you'll have less when they attack and from personal experience: lose more often than not. Also when you've initially lost a fight to a banshee swarm (and 50/50 a base too), they've got vision of your bases, and any teammates they have will build anti-tank to counter your AA, or will spam banshees out too if you're building anything else.
Banshee spam wasn't an issue when I was doing ranked placements, people generally had horrible micro and you could use drops on the swarm or chase them down with wolverines, but in high diamond (where I'm at now), people aren't as inattentive or stupid and they've become a real problem. It isn't fun to verse the same cancerous strategy every game.

Possible Solutions:
  • Balance Air/AA: give basic air a power cost or reduce their speed or reduce AA cost or build time or increase AA durability, mobility or damage to non-air units (or any combination thereof), make vultures faster and blisterbacks do splash damage to air. You get the idea.
  • Give units with 0 or low power cost an ''uninspired'' debuff, the more you have of them in an area, the less damage they do.
  • Make wolverines ''hover units'', still a land vehicle, but can hop over terrain and keep up with air better. Give reavers a lower cooldown on their jump.
  • Lower charge time of ''bombardment'' leader powers or give them the same charge time but make them do their damage faster.
  • Give both factions the ability to recycle units, drive them into your base, and get half the resources back (dependent on their hp%) and maybe give a unit production boost per unit recycled (time or unit number based).
  • Give AA units a barrage skill to target air more effectively.
Anyway, they're my thoughts, feel free to shoot down anything or add to my solutions.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
I believe that you shouldnt be able to pick the same leader as someone. There are enough of a diversity of different leaders to chose from. For example going up against 3 shipmasters in a party of 3 is just redicilous. Or 3 atrioxs. Without a disruption bomb in this game to stop leader powers. 3 eradications, 3 displacements is literally impossible to counter. My solution to this, is to make it so you cant choose the same leader as someone else did on your side.
The way the game is right now. Its either a 3 shipmaster rush, or 3 man atriox rush, before the nerf, all 3 man jerome rush.. we dont talk about how something that is good against infantry,vehicles AND AIR even makes it through development. I think making the game this way would give Halo Wars more of a diversity between matches. And not so much of everyone just spamming whats considered OP in the moment of whatevers current patches are out.
I would love to hear about anything else people would to say or add about this topic.
3 shipmasters would be dead before 6 minutes vs my team. 3 atrioxes would get pooped on by 1 jerome mantis and a chosen. onyx 1700s highest rank, please get champ top 50 before posting your opinion. thanks
Im actually onxy 1600 as well.. probably closer to top 200 then you are at this season. Dont come at me. Just agree or disagree. No need to bring your crappy personallity into a forum post made for feiedback. Please get over yourself
if you click on my name im champ 29, so please dont even try telling me idk what im talking about ill just laugh at your response.
i agree that displacements way to good but like i stated 3 shipmasters will be dead by 6 minutes, they will never get to that point
3 eradications sure its obserd but eradications far from op infact its easy to dodge. remember they have to get to that point. its physically impossible for 3 atreoxes to get map control why? because choppers are not viable we run shipmaster jerome atreox, i will laugh if i see tripple atreox.
Im not talking about the leaders by themselves omg. Im talking about a 3v3 early game rush. One has 10 locusts, one has an army of grunts choppers, the other has aabout 12 banshees. Its 6 minutes in the game and they are all at one base. They are all shipmasters. Each of them displacement on your units or your team mates sending help. Your eliminated nothing you can do. 2v3. Even if you build counter units in time. Also the way the servers are rn 3 atrioxs eradication and the way delay on a command. Yeah right dude. Your armys gone unless you have air. Plus more than 1 eradication doesnt even have to detonate to do serious damage.
the way me and my team play, by 4 mins we have are heros out with 40 to 50 pop armys, if we see no units we go to your base and end the game. if your losing to 12 banshees at 6 minutes lol your builds are wrong, 1 guy doing ghosts and 2 fast tevhing is a horrible idea. you and your team need to start ebrasing the build or die meta, force units or die. build or die easy as that.
you say the servers are laggy, what lag. theres never any lag granted my game freezes often then unfreezes and the game speeds up. but theres no lag
takes you 4 minutes to get your leader up ?? how do you fall that far back on building them, most people have them out by like 2:20
I personally go ghost opener so I don't really go leader, still scrubby when Jerome rocks up around 2:40 with his mantis
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
Yomado wrote:
I personally go ghost opener so I don't really go leader, still scrubby when Jerome rocks up around 2:40 with his mantis
just get shields and ram him, if he has a mantis by 2 40 then he went gen.armory 2nd and supply 3rd, he wont have an ecomony so just counter attack him. armory 5th is the only good way to do jerome mantis now. i fine that gen.2nd also works best because supply are not that important but still important.
I don't know guys, pairing system is still pissing me off. Being paired against the other team with 50's and then i'm out here with a level 15???
I feel like turret drops should NOT expire. Like they should stay stationary the whole game unless destroyed. The impact of this could be great! Depending on how turret drops are revised. there are many scenarios... There could be unlimited turret drops or there could be a set limit to how many turrets one person can have on the battlefield at one time. I had 4 bunkers from Johnson on the field at one time and I could build some pretty heavy defenses with these, now lets take it a step further with turret drops. obviously it wouldn't be fair for someone to have like 40 turrets waiting to ambush an army attempting to pass but more than 1 or 2 without expiring would be interesting.
I feel like turret drops should NOT expire. Like they should stay stationary the whole game unless destroyed. The impact of this could be great! Depending on how turret drops are revised. there are many scenarios... There could be unlimited turret drops or there could be a set limit to how many turrets one person can have on the battlefield at one time. I had 4 bunkers from Johnson on the field at one time and I could build some pretty heavy defenses with these, now lets take it a step further with turret drops. obviously it wouldn't be fair for someone to have like 40 turrets waiting to ambush an army attempting to pass but more than 1 or 2 without expiring would be interesting.
would affect the meta quite a lot, I think it's just fine right now, and dev's still working on meta fixes atm, i don't think as the community is very helpful to jump into game changing mechanics and features.
Elite Enforcer rush are too OP, needs to be nerf like the jump pack brutes, Make elite enforcers tech 2, and elite rangers tech 1, same with the jump pack brutes.
Elite Enforcer rush are too OP, needs to be nerf like the jump pack brutes, Make elite enforcers tech 2, and elite rangers tech 1, same with the jump pack brutes.
they don't need to be moved or nerfed, they are at an okay level, you can counter them it just takes some microing. Enforcers are anti-infantry along with medium building damage. UNSC with have to build counters for this snipers, flamers, and JR. Covenant will just need a well placed suicide grunt squad and choppers. Enforcers seem op when paired with rangers, which just melt infantry with ease. They're expensive too so that a downside for resource placement.
I'd like to see more units, I know there is a fair few in the game, but it would give the game a bit more complexity. That said, I am enjoying the "rock-paper-scissor" mechanics - it does work well on console.
There is no domination in matchmaking against real people. Please make a playlist for it
Banshees are anti air
Hunters are anti vehicle
Elites are anti infantry

Banshees & Hunters can wreck a base and any army that comes near it.

There is literally no good defense against it.
I'm not satisfied with the current meta game. It's all about pushing out the infantry as fast as possible (4th minute). The problem is, everything concentrates on 3 leaders: Arbiter, Cutter and Jerome. If you want to start a shipmaster mid game, with fast expansion and 5th minute banshees, it's just impossible. It is much too easy to get 4th minute with a mass of units, especially for Arbiter and Cutter. If you try something different from this tactic, you are simply destroyed at Champion level in 2vs2 and 3vs3. So it should not be, you should see every game different tactics, and not every game the same Enforcer + Marines + Jerome's Hero-push
Anything covenant that can be dropped as well like colony's barricade should not expire either! Me and my partner who was colony had dug into a nice little barricaded fortress we built with our drops and my bunker only for his barricades to disappear and expire and they didn't even get to see battle!
*** SGT Johnson's bunkers are kinda weak even with the shield. they should have a 3rd tier upgrade that would include greatly enhanced "ceramic" armor plating and a sentry turret mounted on top of the bunker***
Apache117X wrote:
I'd like to see more units, I know there is a fair few in the game, but it would give the game a bit more complexity. That said, I am enjoying the "rock-paper-scissor" mechanics - it does work well on console.
I think we have plenty of meta changing units in the game already, let's not add anymore until the new DLC comes out.
So many others have stated we need 2 forward facing starting turrets...

Anyhow I would really love.to see a solo que 2v2 an 3v3 option... countless games I am forced into 3v3 without mics on my team against lv 50 all premades who wipe us in 5 mins. Players who don't have the time like me, who work 60 to 70 hours a week, I'm sure woukd like to try an demonstrate their skill without having to worry about if they have enough or good enough friends to form a premades just do stand a chance in ranked.

I hate 1v1 as its just a who can zurge faster meta an defensive players like me stand no chance. I like tactical gameplay, not swarm. 3v3 is the best chance for me to stand out, however it's nearly impossible against premades as a soloist.
So many lost have stated we need 2 forward facing starting turrets...

Anyhow I would really love.to see a solo que 2v3 an 3v3 option... countless games I am forced into 3v3 without mics on my team against lv 50 all premades who wipe us in 5 mins. Players who don't have the time like me, who work 60 to 70 hours a week, I'm sure woukd like to try an demonstrate their skill without having to worry about if they have enough or good enough friends to form a premades just do stand a chance in ranked.

I hate 1v1 as its just a who can zurge faster meta an defensive players like me stand no chance. I like tactical gameplay, not swarm. 3v3 is the best chance for me to stand out, however it's nearly impossible against premades as a soloist.
starting with turrets would be a terrible idea as turtles, tech rushes would be untouchable rushing is fun in my eyes as late game your armies just get killed by leader powers

Anyhow I would really love.to see a solo que 2v3 an 3v3 option... countless games I am forced into 3v3 without mics on my team against lv 50 all premades who wipe us in 5 mins. Players who don't have the time like me, who work 60 to 70 hours a week, I'm sure woukd like to try an demonstrate their skill without having to worry about if they have enough or good enough friends to form a premades just do stand a chance in ranked.

starting with turrets would be a terrible idea as turtles, tech rushes would be untouchable rushing is fun in my eyes as late game your armies just get killed by leader powers
Turrets do work in your favor, it's just do you want to spend 1,200 supplies on base def or on a infantry army with base expansion.

In your eyes maybe, it just becomes who has more units an the better early game hero power... which can easily be decided by your hero alone...

Most.people prefer these games an even halo 1 for the tactical aspect of the game. The who can counter whos units an outwit the other team. Right now it's as I said, who rushes better with the better hero power. The average game last about 11 minutes currently. Games like this should he expected to be 30 plus minutes.

Turrets at base level at least prevent you from losing instantly if your first few are wiped out by a leader ulti to just a 6 to 8 unit early rush. Because at that point ya can't get turrets up an ev r u unit you pump out is killed on spawn, while locking down the base an releasing some units just build up their army as they attack an will be wiped out when you unlock...

Lock down should at leaSt increase build production speed or maybe increase defence an turret dmg...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 92
  4. 93
  5. 94
  6. 95
  7. 96
  8. ...
  9. 100