1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 96
  4. 97
  5. 98
  6. 99
  7. ...
  8. 100
I have no idea why the guys at 343 thought 300% damage increase was necessary for forges warthog, but it shouldn't be taking out 12 rabbits single handedly,and one shot-ing groups of units two and half minute into the game. Its actually asinine.
I think there is a strong consensus that the Anvil round damage is over the top. I see it getting toned down to 100-150%.
Well he was useless, we got what we wanted technically.
yeah like i said in another thread, after so many seasons of being bad i think they wanted to ensure he is good this season then maybe tone him down a bit if it was too much. We couldnt afford another season of weak Forge.
DT would agree that if they toned down Anvil but buffed his RE leader powers back closer to what they were that he could then remain viable? Because his macro play is strong now but a bit more and he would be quite in leagues with Shipmaster, pre-nerf Cutter and current Jerome (though he is superior to all of them now imo)

I am also more convinced that Forge can be played to a very high level and would then maybe only struggle with the top 50 or so guys but that anything before that is certainly achievable with Forge.
I hate to get into the "top players/highlevel" conversations because it seems to upset people, but i honestly feel i got everything i needed to compete with the leaders and players i struggled against with this patch. My scatterbomb hits hard now, forgehog has more durability. Transport helps a ton "i also just learned you dont need vision lmao". I can better keep up with Cutter infantry and dont have to worry about him sending a single jackrabbit to my base to call down ODST that one shot my generators even with a two flame turrets up. They could have only increased the anvil round only 100% and i think my win/loss record would be exactly the same this season with all the other changes. I havent even used grizzlys yet, the games never really get that far to see how effective they are.
Its good to hear that. Like you I began with Forge in preseason but unlike you I jumped ship once he got nerfed into the gutter. Forgive me lol.

And man Transport is great! Its basically teleport and yeah no need for vision! Go drop a piss load of Cyclops and sack a couple generators and then run away
I almost gave up on him this past season. I got top 7 on the Ladder then kept losing to those high level Cutters and Jeromes and got knocked down to 16. I considered switching to Cutter to get a better feel for my true skill level.

I like to use transport to attack one minibase and then we he goes to defend transport to one of his other ones or to his main. Forge has so much going for him now he will be very dominant this season for sure even if they nerf anvil round down to 100% increase from 300.
Pls nerf forge hog y ability thx
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
plz nerf Y of SGT.Forge.
Flying units should be destroyed when they get frozen kinda lame that they aren't cause in the first Halo Wars any flying unit that was frozen was destroyed
Flying units should be destroyed when they get frozen kinda lame that they aren't cause in the first Halo Wars any flying unit that was frozen was destroyed
I kind of agree, but think about how easily you could totally destroy an aerial army with one power. Maybe if they gave like, a 20% chance of falling out of the sky it could work.
Dear 343 and Creative Assembly,

Don't nerf Serina yet. Let people find a way to counter her before jumping on the -*insert new leader here*- is broken (in less than a week of release).

Thank you,
Poop
I have no idea why the guys at 343 thought 300% damage increase was necessary for forges warthog, but it shouldn't be taking out 12 rabbits single handedly,and one shot-ing groups of units two and half minute into the game. Its actually asinine.
I think there is a strong consensus that the Anvil round damage is over the top. I see it getting toned down to 100-150%.
yeah like i said in another thread, after so many seasons of being bad i think they wanted to ensure he is good this season then maybe tone him down a bit if it was too much. We couldnt afford another season of weak Forge.
DT would agree that if they toned down Anvil but buffed his RE leader powers back closer to what they were that he could then remain viable? Because his macro play is strong now but a bit more and he would be quite in leagues with Shipmaster, pre-nerf Cutter and current Jerome (though he is superior to all of them now imo)

I am also more convinced that Forge can be played to a very high level and would then maybe only struggle with the top 50 or so guys but that anything before that is certainly achievable with Forge.
I hate to get into the "top players/highlevel" conversations because it seems to upset people, but i honestly feel i got everything i needed to compete with the leaders and players i struggled against with this patch. My scatterbomb hits hard now, forgehog has more durability. Transport helps a ton "i also just learned you dont need vision lmao". I can better keep up with Cutter infantry and dont have to worry about him sending a single jackrabbit to my base to call down ODST that one shot my generators even with a two flame turrets up. They could have only increased the anvil round only 100% and i think my win/loss record would be exactly the same this season with all the other changes. I havent even used grizzlys yet, the games never really get that far to see how effective they are.
Its good to hear that. Like you I began with Forge in preseason but unlike you I jumped ship once he got nerfed into the gutter. Forgive me lol.

And man Transport is great! Its basically teleport and yeah no need for vision! Go drop a piss load of Cyclops and sack a couple generators and then run away
I almost gave up on him this past season. I got top 7 on the Ladder then kept losing to those high level Cutters and Jeromes and got knocked down to 16. I considered switching to Cutter to get a better feel for my true skill level.

I like to use transport to attack one minibase and then we he goes to defend transport to one of his other ones or to his main. Forge has so much going for him now he will be very dominant this season for sure even if they nerf anvil round down to 100% increase from 300.
Wait.
What's the cooldown on transport?
Serinas freeze needs a bigger CD she absolutely murders all ground based units, her ice pillar has too big of a radius, I know she's the new leader but she is by far the most op against everything besides air. If you increase the time it takes to freeze units it'll make her on par with other leaders as of now an army of her hawks literally froze me and my allies and we slowly died and our units were rendered useless, aa can't help because they are instafroze from the hawks and if they drop the pillar it's game over. Hope she gets a nerf within a week like jerome did. It's ridiculous, I want to play her but I don't want to win with her with cheap cheesy tactics, it's not only humiliating winning like that but totally unfair for your opponent, I will not be buying her until she's fixed because right now she is stupid broken and there's no way to win without looking like a noob paying to win😂😂😂
Serinas freeze needs a bigger CD she absolutely murders all ground based units, her ice pillar has too big of a radius, I know she's the new leader but she is by far the most op against everything besides air. If you increase the time it takes to freeze units it'll make her on par with other leaders as of now an army of her hawks literally froze me and my allies and we slowly died and our units were rendered useless, aa can't help because they are instafroze from the hawks and if they drop the pillar it's game over. Hope she gets a nerf within a week like jerome did. It's ridiculous, I want to play her but I don't want to win with her with cheap cheesy tactics, it's not only humiliating winning like that but totally unfair for your opponent, I will not be buying her until she's fixed because right now she is stupid broken and there's no way to win without looking like a noob paying to win😂😂😂
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

I agree, forge should have a buff cause he has sucked for the past 4 seasons, but the avil round is stupid, and his ability against air needs to be toned down too. he is the only leader to have a Y ability that can consistently murder armies and has the speed to just run away and do it again in 20 seconds.
Can we please have a ai as partner in the game
Can we please have a ai as partner in the game
Current forge player with an 80% win rate overall. His anvil is too much I do like winning and all but personally one power use from a hero shouldn't kill an entire early army. Hurt yes but wipe it like you do your butt is not good overall for the game. He was good before this buff and I'm afraid hell get uber nerfed with the way these buffs are going.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 96
  4. 97
  5. 98
  6. 99
  7. ...
  8. 100