Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Did the Voridus nerf effect ATN campaign?

OP discobiscuits47

Did the last nerf to voridus make one mission in particular extremely difficult in the ATN campaign?

The mission ‘The Archive’ is a Voridus hero mission, after trying it on heroic a number of times i just cant get past the area with the huge flood monster.

Thinking back to the golden era of Voridus and i remember his hammer slam goo lasting a great deal longer than it does now, this goo being a very important offensive ability for the hordes of flood all over this map. Seeing as the mission only allows you to have a very small army and Voridus himself i guess it was considerably easier to complete pre-nerf.

Has anyone managed to complete this level on heroic or legendary after his hero has been nerfed so much?

I have managed to complete all other ATN missions on at least heroic but i couldnt crack this one.
Did the last nerf to voridus make one mission in particular extremely difficult in the ATN campaign?

The mission ‘The Archive’ is a Voridus hero mission, after trying it on heroic a number of times i just cant get past the area with the huge flood monster.

Thinking back to the golden era of Voridus and i remember his hammer slam goo lasting a great deal longer than it does now, this goo being a very important offensive ability for the hordes of flood all over this map. Seeing as the mission only allows you to have a very small army and Voridus himself i guess it was considerably easier to complete pre-nerf.

Has anyone managed to complete this level on heroic or legendary after his hero has been nerfed so much?

I have managed to complete all other ATN missions on at least heroic but i couldnt crack this one.
Any nerfs to Voridus in multiplayer should not have affected the Campaign in any way. But I will look into this and make sure.
Wrensi wrote:

Any nerfs to Voridus in multiplayer should not have affected the Campaign in any way. But I will look into this and make sure.
Thanks buddy 👍🏻

Pick off the Flood in the maze with Voridus alone until the Abomination aggros. Once the Abomination is aggro'd, sprint past everything (once again, with Voridus alone) to the final defensive laser hall. Avoid the lasers as best you can, then watch from a safe position as the Abomination gets cut to ribbons and incinerated (at the same time) by the laser defenses.
Thanks for the tip, i’ll try that next time!
I actually just did this mission on leg a few mins ago ( have not finished atn leg ) just use his infusion it's almost permanent now and will cooldown before it's close to running out. if you get in to trouble just use cataclysm and kite with rangers, you shouldn't need cat until the final room though
Enzym3 wrote:
I actually just did this mission on leg a few mins ago ( have not finished atn leg ) just use his infusion it's almost permanent now and will cooldown before it's close to running out. if you get in to trouble just use cataclysm and kite with rangers, you shouldn't need cat until the final room though
Excellent! Thanks
SC Matt 7 wrote:

Pick off the Flood in the maze with Voridus alone until the Abomination aggros. Once the Abomination is aggro'd, sprint past everything (once again, with Voridus alone) to the final defensive laser hall. Avoid the lasers as best you can, then watch from a safe position as the Abomination gets cut to ribbons and incinerated (at the same time) by the laser defenses.
Alternatively, when I did this section on Legendary, I quickly sent Voridus (alone and around three quarters health left) to the forerunner teleporter, bought an Honor Guard, then sent Voridus towards and through the laser maze, getting any Flood who were chasing me (the Abomination, basically) instantly killed. I got Voridus to sprint the entire way dodging all enemies without dying so if you manage to evade the flood sacs and enemies well enough you should be able to do it as well. For the Honor Guard, I activated his cloak immediately upon spawning him and sent him to stealth kill as many flood rangers as I could before sending him back to the safety of my army still waiting at the entrance to the section.