Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Did you 343i guys actually care about Wars saga?

OP itsUw

First you stopped supporting the game with a lot of game breaking bugs, then stopped the development of patches and balances for the unitsand now they are going to delete the ALREADY EXISTING AND FUNCTIONAL statistics of the players?

How difficult was it just to update the new Halo waypoint site to use the existing stats as they will with MCC and Halo 5?
I mean, 343 says in their message that they should work "hard" and "prioritize", but they are giving us a mixed message when they are not going to make the minimum effort to maintain the statistics of the players in Halo wars 2, this seems curious to me knowing that the statistics of Halo wars 1, of xbox 360 were maintained many years longer than those of the sequel game
This will affect a very large part of the Halo wars 2 community, since these public statistics are used for tournaments and other organizations that do care about the game.

Extracted from WAYPOINT VNEXT: FAQ
For Halo Wars 2, what will happen with the Service Record?
KP: As we weigh all of the potential website features against every active Halo title, we often have to make difficult trade-offs to prioritize areas that directly benefit the largest audiences in our community. As we focus on robust support for Halo Infinite, this unfortunately means that we won't be able to maintain Halo Wars 2 service records on the new website. The good news is that the Halo Wars 2 public API and third-party services remain unaffected and that data will continue to flow.
343 has a lot on their plates and after Halo Infinite comes out and things calm down on that end when working towards various DLC and updates for it they will turn their attention to the rest of the Halo universe including HW and updating games and even porting them to Steam. But Halo Infinite should be their first priority at the moment to make it as good as possible so they attract a larger community to bring Halo back to its glory days. Then work on the rest.
J0K3R 913 wrote:
343 has a lot on their plates and after Halo Infinite comes out and things calm down on that end when working towards various DLC and updates for it they will turn their attention to the rest of the Halo universe including HW and updating games and even porting them to Steam. But Halo Infinite should be their first priority at the moment to make it as good as possible so they attract a larger community to bring Halo back to its glory days. Then work on the rest.
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but I'm fairly certain they don't care about HW2 anymore, if anything happens with the HW franchise, it'd probably be a HW1 remaster, or HW3 (Not that I'm complaining about either)