Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

did you like halo wars

OP Rougespartan116

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
i loved halo wars because it was so different and showed just how large that war was without being a single impossible to beat spartan instead you had units to make sure to survive in order to win the match also like what the gamestop employee said "it's like a puzzle."
I did enjoy them.
I probably enjoyed the first one more than the 2nd, the 2nd sort of became a little bit of a slog to finish toward the end.
Great story lines with interesting take on the rest of characters outside of Spartans. I was obsessed with the first game MP, but HW2 MP is far from engaging.
Pluto70 wrote:
Great story lines with interesting take on the rest of characters outside of Spartans. I was obsessed with the first game MP, but HW2 MP is far from engaging.
Agreed, I like the feel of the first multiplayer a lot better. It felt a lot less chaotic and random and a lot more strategic.
YTdaDEVIL wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Great story lines with interesting take on the rest of characters outside of Spartans. I was obsessed with the first game MP, but HW2 MP is far from engaging.
Agreed, I like the feel of the first multiplayer a lot better. It felt a lot less chaotic and random and a lot more strategic.
It was very rock paper scissors. Make a choice and hope it was the best respond to the enemy with an opportunity to counter if wrong. HW2 just seems to be chaotic smash of attack with to many bugs. I havent played for awhile, but when I played blitz, it was broken due to the ability to pay real money to better your troops.
I love HW1 and am glad I got it day 1 back in the day. For me, HW2 doesn’t even come close to HW1 and comes across purely as a cash grab considering the multitude of bugs still present and marketing scams they pulled off. I’d argue it’s the worst game in the Halo franchise and a mediocre one at best when looking at it as a standalone title. So, I don’t like the sequel all that much.
blitzkrieg felt the same as most of your feelings it had great history lesssons but the first one had better combat.
Pluto70 wrote:
YTdaDEVIL wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Great story lines with interesting take on the rest of characters outside of Spartans. I was obsessed with the first game MP, but HW2 MP is far from engaging.
Agreed, I like the feel of the first multiplayer a lot better. It felt a lot less chaotic and random and a lot more strategic.
It was very rock paper scissors. Make a choice and hope it was the best respond to the enemy with an opportunity to counter if wrong. HW2 just seems to be chaotic smash of attack with to many bugs. I havent played for awhile, but when I played blitz, it was broken due to the ability to pay real money to better your troops.
Exactly, halo wars 2 ends up just being a sperg fest with who can spam units faster. Very little variance in strategy in this game. It becomes tedious to play a lot of times because the meta on how you have to play to win is extremely narrow.

Blitz was a cool idea but could have been executed a little better. Also, the fact they didn’t have an option to mass open card packs says everything about how they rushed features of this game and didn’t test them enough themselves.
tuhin94 wrote:
I love HW1 and am glad I got it day 1 back in the day. For me, HW2 doesn’t even come close to HW1 and comes across purely as a cash grab considering the multitude of bugs still present and marketing scams they pulled off. I’d argue it’s the worst game in the Halo franchise and a mediocre one at best when looking at it as a standalone title. So, I don’t like the sequel all that much.
Completely agree. Halo wars 1 was a superior product. For every step forward halo wars 2 took, it took two steps back. Also, the maps for wars 2 are so boring and not fun to play.
YTdaDEVIL wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
I love HW1 and am glad I got it day 1 back in the day. For me, HW2 doesn’t even come close to HW1 and comes across purely as a cash grab considering the multitude of bugs still present and marketing scams they pulled off. I’d argue it’s the worst game in the Halo franchise and a mediocre one at best when looking at it as a standalone title. So, I don’t like the sequel all that much.
Completely agree. Halo wars 1 was a superior product. For every step forward halo wars 2 took, it took two steps back. Also, the maps for wars 2 are so boring and not fun to play.
I disagree, halo wars 2 was liked by the majority of the community as a whole, Including some YouTubers like The Act Man (Who did not like halo 5 and was mixed on halo 4) and Hidden Xperia, (Who had "Mostly" the same thoughts). Both of them did not like the micro transactions, but they praised most everything else.
Explain more in context about why you think halo wars 1 is better than halo wars 2.
Highly enjoyed Halo Wars, played endless hours with friends with various tactics developed over that time. The story was nice and quite self-contained, the movie-like clips were wonderful and new, and the multiplayer was quite enjoyable. The maps were varied enough to be nice, and I admit I miss those forerunner reactors.
I loved Halo Wars. I loved being able to experience Halo in such a different way. Very refreshing.
What happened if HALOWARS2 was developed as a PC-only game?
I think CA's game engine can run unlimited units on high-end gaming PC.
However, it is probably difficult for XboxOneS that is emulating Windows 10 and then run CA's game engine.
If HaloWars2 was a PC-only game, it would have been a really great game.

I think HaloWars2's game engine is relatively light. Even GTX1060 can run HW2 4K 60fps.
When I'm playing 3v3X, freezes and bugs happen ,even if I'm playing PC version.
But that is probably the problem because of syncing with the XboxOneS’s overload state.
What happened if HALOWARS2 was developed as a PC-only game?
I think CA's game engine can run unlimited units on high-end gaming PC.
However, it is probably difficult for XboxOneS that is emulating Windows 10 and then run CA's game engine.
If HaloWars2 was a PC-only game, it would have been a really great game.

I think HaloWars2's game engine is relatively light. Even GTX1060 can run HW2 4K 60fps.
When I'm playing 3v3X, freezes and bugs happen ,even if I'm playing PC version.
But that is probably the problem because of syncing with the XboxOneS’s overload state.
You say this like the number of units is the problem...
I miss my OP Arbiter...

That being said, 343 needed a partner to make this game and went for CA.
CA tried to live up to Ensemble's legacy but still wanted to change the formula so in the end it might have deviated too much.
The love that Ensemble gave Halo Wars and the love that CA gave HW2 is also a good way to see where it could have gone better in my opinion.

I still hope tho!

EDIT: Not saying CA didn't love HW2 enough, just saying that maybe the agreement it had made with MS/343 didn't allow them to show the same amount of love Ensemble did. It felt pretty much like it abandoned it's baby at the church right after giving birth.
Make. A console version of Age of Empies, i would buy it
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I really enjoyed both games. Both had their strengths and weaknesses. HW2 is probably a better game from a gameplay/mechanic perspective, but I loved HW1, even for all of its flaws. Nothing like a good back and forth on Fort Deen and I loved clearing the rebel bases for veterancy. Both had over the top, fun story lines, but my favorite campaign mission is probably the last mission in awakening the nightmare.
I like the Halo Wars series alot. I will admit, Halo Wars 2's story writing makes me squint my eyes a little because it throws me off at how Atriox and the Banished could lose ground to an archiac UNSC ship with only a fraction of its crew after making 3 Spartan-IIs retreat for their lives but it is pretty good. I kind of wish John Forge wasn't dead though. He was alright in my opinion, even if he was confrontational.
The first one was pretty fun but now that halo wars 2 is out no ones playing it
The first one was pretty fun but now that halo wars 2 is out no ones playing it
People are playing on pc I have found plenty of games against ai with player allies but they are unreliable...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2