Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

do We deserve this standard?

OP nuchey

As far as I can tell, Halo Wars 2 is not important to 343i. The members at 343i who do care (Postums, Wrensi, Grim) have essentially been pushed to other games to work on. Why is HW2 being treated this way? There is so much untapped potential with this game but aside from that it seems wrong to have your fans beg for any kind of support. Balance changes (Decimus), bug fixes (like the veterancy glitch), additions to terminus firefight (like adding DLC unit waves) do not seem like too much to ask from the flagship company of Microsoft. It is also no secret that modern games with zero support die more quickly than games with support. Why let your game die that you worked so hard on?

I would strongly advocate that whoever is in charge of this decision at 343i hear our voices. We are the community of Halo Wars players who love the game and we feel we are being forgotten. I feel we have been patience but if you want us to move on sadly many of us will and Halo Wars 2 will die if that happens.

Please, give this game some love and support and you will see a breath of life surge back into it.

Thanks,
Nuchey
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
nuchey wrote:
As far as I can tell, Halo Wars 2 is not important to 343i. The members at 343i who do care (Postums, Wrensi, Grim) have essentially been pushed to other games to work on. Why is HW2 being treated this way? There is so much untapped potential with this game but aside from that it seems wrong to have your fans beg for any kind of support. Balance changes (Decimus), bug fixes (like the veterancy glitch), additions to terminus firefight (like adding DLC unit waves) do not seem like too much to ask from the flagship company of Microsoft. It is also no secret that modern games with zero support die more quickly than games with support. Why let your game die that you worked so hard on?

I would strongly advocate that whoever is in charge of this decision at 343i hear our voices. We are the community of Halo Wars players who love the game and we feel we are being forgotten. I feel we have been patience but if you want us to move on sadly many of us will and Halo Wars 2 will die if that happens.

Please, give this game some love and support and you will see a breath of life surge back into it.

Thanks,
Nuchey
buuuuuuut MCCCCCCCCCCC, all I see are articles about how devs keep getting fired but somehow they can't find 1 for HW2. Truly a shame, losing a lot of the higher tier players who contribute more then some people think.
nuchey wrote:
buuuuuuut MCCCCCCCCCCC, all I see are articles about how devs keep getting fired but somehow they can't find 1 for HW2. Truly a shame, losing a lot of the higher tier players who contribute more then some people think.
I guess that’s the big question here. Does 343 truly not care or are they that understaffed that they can only afford to have their A team work on Infinite while their B team works on MCC stuff. Neither answer seems right for Xbox’s flagship company.
It was a “game as a service.” They got their sales and exposure and now there’s no real reason to have anyone work on it to fix any outstanding bugs, of which there are many.
In all seriousness though I hop halo infinite does well, as if it does we will probably get a halo wars 3
In all seriousness though I hop halo infinite does well, as if it does we will probably get a halo wars 3
Halo Infinite comes out in basically 2021. When would you expect HW3? 2024? Lol
I mean halo wars 2 came out 7 years later so that would be ideal.
I mean halo wars 2 came out 7 years later so that would be ideal.
So why don’t we talk about a game that is out now and could be improved upon instead of talking about a game that’s possibly 7 years to a decade away. IMO this is part of the problem.