Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Does in game chat work

OP DarkTrooper126

was just wondering if the forgotten chat option in game actually still works. In case you didn't know. You pull it up by pressing right trigger and clicking right stick, i just never have seen anyone use it , i always thought you needed the text pad attachment.
Yes it works, but you can’t see your own messages. Most people don’t use it because they don’t even know it exists.
PC users use it quite allot - XBox users - not so much.
I know this wasn't the question, BUT, I have noticed that NO ONE uses the mic anymore. I am talking to myself in every game. NO one EVER replies. Its kinda weird. Its the fastest way to communicate but no likes to use it.
I didn't know that was a thing until I read this, so:
How do you type in it?
How do you type in it?
Just press right trigger and right stick at the same time in game.
How do you type in it?
Just press right trigger and right stick at the same time in game.
I did that to activate it, but the Virtual keyboard didn't come up.
iMEC7 wrote:
I know this wasn't the question, BUT, I have noticed that NO ONE uses the mic anymore. I am talking to myself in every game. NO one EVER replies. Its kinda weird. Its the fastest way to communicate but no likes to use it.
because prob everyone uses discord to talk cuz sometimes the xblive party system is wonkers like for me and my buddy we have to use that cuz the game doesnt like our mics so in the end prob most uses what easier to use
Yes it works, but you can’t see your own messages. Most people don’t use it because they don’t even know it exists.
You talking about pc or console? I knew PC has it from day one key smashing rage but not the console.
You talking about pc or console? I knew PC has it from day one key smashing rage but not the console.
Console. I think I’ve seen it used in game maybe 3 times lol. I don’t think it’s explained anywhere how to use it, so I rarely see it used.
Console. I think I’ve seen it used in game maybe 3 times lol. I don’t think it’s explained anywhere how to use it, so I rarely see it used.
This, and you don't see the text you sent on console. Also it's just not practical to type with the controller in a game, way too slow, and just as easy to send a msg through Xbox if you need to that "pops up" on their screen.