Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Does nightingale smoke stun?

OP Haynesworth92

I only play banished, but I find when I am attacking unsc bases with scarabs my scarab sometimes stops attacking for a prolonged period of time. I know the mac bast can stagger, but my scarabs didn't get mac blasted, the base was not cloaked and there was no visual cue on my scarab saying it was stunned. So would it be the nightingale smoke? Or is the scarab bugged or something else?

Thanks!
I only play banished, but I find when I am attacking unsc bases with scarabs my scarab sometimes stops attacking for a prolonged period of time. I know the mac bast can stagger, but my scarabs didn't get mac blasted, the base was not cloaked and there was no visual cue on my scarab saying it was stunned. So would it be the nightingale smoke? Or is the scarab bugged or something else?

Thanks!
Nightingale smoke blinds.

I can't remember if you can shoot while in smoke if you have a friendly detector unit nearby or not.

Thanks!
Nightingale smoke blinds.

I can't remember if you can shoot while in smoke if you have a friendly detector unit nearby or not.
Apparently you can't as had engineers with me.

Thanks!
The nightingale has 2 effect

1)it cloaks anything in the smoke when it uses its Y ability it will cloak somethings that are not fully in the smoke. (If you do not have clock detection)

2)Anything that’s inside of the smoke cannot shoot or be shot. For example if you have a one shot hero unit and you use nightingales on the hero and smoke it the hero won’t shoot or be shot. And if you micro it right you can have your hero regain its shield.

so I hope this answers your question no your scarb wasn’t bugged. It’s the effect of the nightingale that’s its intended purpose. Side note you can also use nightingale to smoke turrets so that the turrents won’t attack your units. It does not matter if you have cloak detection or not if your in the smoke you can’t shoot.
Even with cloak detection so no the nightingale doesn’t stun simply move your unit out of the smoke even if you have cloak detection and your unit will shoot