Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Does the Spirit of Fire really stand a chance?

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The banished are the good guys all of you have been deceived. Master chief will be killed by a Goliath first mission of halo infinite.
i think the real reason here that the UNSC didnt lose is simply becuose of obvious plot armor. that ship and those human soldiers shoud have been completely obliterated shortly after arrival. 3 old banged up spartans shoudnt make much difference. one even had hes shoulder completely crushed.
i think the real reason here that the UNSC didnt lose is simply becuose of obvious plot armor. that ship and those human soldiers shoud have been completely obliterated shortly after arrival. 3 old banged up spartans shoudnt make much difference. one even had hes shoulder completely crushed.
This^ not to mention the SoF doesnt have their warp drive anymore so theyd basically just be floating around this ring and should be easy picking for the Banished who are all around superior. I stick to my original statement of it was mostly convenient timing for them considering most of the banished forces and attention was probably on the Flood
Due to being in cryo for nearly 3 decades none of them are old at all, in fact they are considerably less "banged" up at that point then the Master Chief on Installation 04. You also underestimate S-IIs considerably. Throughout the war, individual S-IIs had the tactical/strategic worth of a small fleet. The S-II program has a comparable, if not higher ship kill count than the UNSC's main fleet X-Ray led by Preston Cole. Atriox underestimating Red Team just like you did was exactly why the Enduring Conviction got destroyed.

AKAtheFonz wrote:
This^ not to mention the SoF doesnt have their warp drive anymore so theyd basically just be floating around this ring and should be easy picking for the Banished who are all around superior. I stick to my original statement of it was mostly convenient timing for them considering most of the banished forces and attention was probably on the Flood
Easy pickings for what? Banshees and boarding craft? Extremely unlikely given that the Spirit of Fire, even without its slipspace drive, should be considerably faster than any small transport vessels. Further it should have enough point defenses to repel such assaults, especially when it isn't contested at all in orbit.
Due to being in cryo for nearly 3 decades none of them are old at all, in fact they are considerably less "banged" up at that point then the Master Chief on Installation 04. You also underestimate S-IIs considerably. Throughout the war, individual S-IIs had the tactical/strategic worth of a small fleet. The S-II program has a comparable, if not higher ship kill count than the UNSC's main fleet X-Ray led by Preston Cole. Atriox underestimating Red Team just like you did was exactly why the Enduring Conviction got destroyed.

AKAtheFonz wrote:
Easy pickings for what? Banshees and boarding craft? Extremely unlikely given that the Spirit of Fire, even without its slipspace drive, should be considerably faster than any small transport vessels. Further it should have enough point defenses to repel such assaults, especially when it isn't contested at all in orbit.
I find it hard to believe that a force such as Atriox’s only has the enduring conviction as a dreadnaught vessel and nothing else and not to mention a lot of atrioxes forces are mercenarys so he can just get another.. i mean he had like 20 scarabs crawlin around at the end cutscene and im sure those are costly
AKAtheFonz wrote:

AKAtheFonz wrote:
I find it hard to believe that a force such as Atriox’s only has the enduring conviction as a dreadnaught vessel and nothing else and not to mention a lot of atrioxes forces are mercenarys so he can just get another.. i mean he had like 20 scarabs crawlin around at the end cutscene and im sure those are costly
He has more ships, but they are in the Milky Way... ~200,000 - 250,000 light years away. Without the Enduring Conviction he likely has no way to contact them. Even if he could, with what is known about Covenant slipspace speeds it would be roughly 220 - 275 days before reinforcements arrive. Remember that the Ark is FAR outside of the Galaxy. It would literally be faster to go from one end of the Milky Way to the other... and back... then it would to go from the Milky Way to the Ark. But again, the fact that the Spirit of Fire had to resort to sending Anders off on 04's second replacement implies there exists no effective communication system between the Milky Way and the Ark.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2