Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Don't forget Terminus Firefight.

OP Hobo le Hobbit

Being the sole reason I bought the AtN DLC, it's heartbreaking to see that the last thing, really the only thing, touched was making shrouds able to cloak the terminus. Where are the updates? I remember seeing a response from Wrensi (spell check) like a year ago saying they haven't forgotten but boy does it feel like they did. It's the only game mode I play on the game anymore and it feels abandoned. Please, bring it some due deserved life.

Signed,
A Terminus Fanboy
I have posted multiple threads over the span of months posting about TFF.
Sad to see the mode being ditched like that after the patches made it harder.
Would love a New Map, but unlikely.
This mode is not the priority. Even the priority it's the priority. As of now, HW2 has a single not even part time dev whose efforts and time mostly goes into MCC. He's pretty much updating this game out of the kindness of his heart at this point. If we get another patch, it will be balance changes made rather than updates to niche gamemodes.
Seems most of their production capacity is being allocated towards MCC and Infinite right now. I'll be happy with what they are able to give us. I do agree that some TFF fixes would be nice, but I'm more excited for Fort Jordan potentially coming to matchmaking.
I don't know about anyone else, but this gametype has potential, but it's so infuriating. Everything's going perfect until wave 43-45. Then it's just a [BLAM!]-ton of either heavy air or direct gods-[BLAM!] air that either steamrolls through everything or directly attacks the terminus.
I don't know about anyone else, but this gametype has potential, but it's so infuriating. Everything's going perfect until wave 43-45. Then it's just a [BLAM!]-ton of either heavy air or direct gods-[BLAM!] air that either steamrolls through everything or directly attacks the terminus.
Unfortunately late game success comes down to luck a bit too often.

Vultures (the worst heavy air) seem to fire their missiles at everything from floor traps to bunkers and living barriers - the more you drop, the less they shoot you units.

For direct air, keep a shroud or Gale by the terminus - the cloak/smoke can buy you valuable time to fall back (you might already do that but just a tip!)
Would lkie stronger solders