Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Don't give up on this amazing game.

OP DOHANN

This game deserves more attention.
It does but sadly we aren’t a priority to 343i. People seem to think the Petition Response means they will double back to HW2 but I think it couldn’t be further from the truth. This is the nice way of 343i telling us they are abandoning the game.
nuchey wrote:
It does but sadly we aren’t a priority to 343i. People seem to think the Petition Response means they will double back to HW2 but I think it couldn’t be further from the truth. This is the nice way of 343i telling us they are abandoning the game.
I don't think that is true. I really enjoyed Halo Wars 2, but I would rather 343 spend all of their time, focus, and energy making Halo Infinite the best Halo game of all time and if they need to delay Halo Wars 2 content which is a spinoff, then I'll wait. I'm sure new stuff will come out for HW2 after Infinite launches. They only have a little more than a year to put the finishing touches on HI.
As someone who played Halo Wars 1 to death and now playing Halo Wars 2 to death, I'm very sad that they are dropping support. I've seen this story play out before with HW1 but at least Microsoft was more upfront about dropping support for HW2 than they were for HW1. I doubt they will come back to it after MCC / H5 because there will be the next big shiny object to work on next.