Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Double Bald Guy

OP Sadder Joker

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Daily post complaining about Forge incoming.

Hi, guys.

Recently, every time I have made a post/comment stating that Forge is unbalanced in some way, people have told me that I'm a poor player or that I need to git gud, in some manner or another. So, instead of continuing with that tradition, I'm here today, to ask the much more skilled players than myself, how to combat the ol' double Forge in 2's.

Story time.

Last night, I played the same team twice using double Forge. Both players had the Hog at my base at the ~2:00 minute mark. This distracted my partner and I long enough for our opponents to grab all the nodes on the map. Once our opponents had taken all the nodes, the hogs were reinforced with 20+ Marines with Grenade Throw. Somehow, we managed to kill both Hogs, but suffered severe losses, and we still had to combat all the Marines. Thirty seconds later, both Hogs were back, full health, and ready to go. The game was over at this point, and it was just a matter of time before we were over run.

My partner and I were playing Jerome and Arbiter; we have great synergy with this combo and do very well (40-4 this season). But, we truly struggle facing this combo. After some discussion about our losses, my partner and I came to the conclusion that to beat the double Forge combo, one would have to go double Forge themselves or go Decimus/YapYap, as they are rather effective at combating Forge. But, I refuse to use Forge, especially two of them, as it's unsportsmanlike, and I don't care much for Decimus or YapYap.

So, I ask you, skilled players of Halo Waypoint, how does one beat double Forge reinforced by 20+ Marines with Grenade Throw?

Few things to cover:

-we tried suicide Grunts to take out the Marines. Effective micro and good use of the Hog shut that down rather quickly

-turrets helped, but didn't seem that effective, even when upgraded. Additinally, upgrading the turrets only set our power back even more. Getting behind Forge in the power game is an instant loss

-feel free to check out my game history to get a better feel of what went down (it's not pretty)

That about covers it. Thanks for reading, everyone :).
I'm by no means a top player, but me and my friends have had luck in teams against double Forges, and for us it entirely comes down to leader/hero choice. We pretty much only choose from Atriox, Decimus, Jerome, Colony, YapYap, or Serina, with Colony, Decimus, and Jerome hands down being the best. We get our heroes out asap and hope it's enough to fend off the hogs. YapYap really doesn't fit the mold of the others, but I've seen cannon fodder surround hogs used effectively to prevent them from escaping while the Commantis or Hunter Captain wale on the hogs. It's unfortunate that in order to play the game you are limited to playing certain leaders. I can't imagine taking on double Forge with Cutter or Shipmaster x_x
You cant play arbiter competitively right now. Jerome plus atriox/ decimus/ yap yap/ colony would combat it fine.
marmy080 wrote:
You cant play arbiter competitively right now. Jerome plus atriox/ decimus/ yap yap/ colony would combat it fine.
I disagree. We have played many excellent players (KingEllis, Ripxxittiez, sgm good luck, craka chris, Zexion, rispieC, Ilaugh), and we have beat them all. My partner plays a mean Arby, my dude.

I shouldn't be forced to play one of four leaders to stand a chance against a specific combo. Additionally, of the leaders you've mentioned.. the team I faced has walked all over them previously. Feel free to look at their records.
I wouldn't call myself a high level player either. But I definitely wouldnt be using arby atm. He is pretty much a one trick pony. I would suggest going decimus or atriox then trying choppers plus jeromes jr. Not sure if it will work against that many marines and the forge hogs tho. My other suggestion would be to go yap yap and swarm fodder and pick up every minibase you can in the first minute then try to tech up. Best of luck tho i have been having problems with forge as well
I'm by no means a top player, but me and my friends have had luck in teams against double Forges, and for us it entirely comes down to leader/hero choice. We pretty much only choose from Atriox, Decimus, Jerome, Colony, YapYap, or Serina, with Colony, Decimus, and Jerome hands down being the best. We get our heroes out asap and hope it's enough to fend off the hogs. YapYap really doesn't fit the mold of the others, but I've seen cannon fodder surround hogs used effectively to prevent them from escaping while the Commantis or Hunter Captain wale on the hogs. It's unfortunate that in order to play the game you are limited to playing certain leaders. I can't imagine taking on double Forge with Cutter or Shipmaster x_x
Agreed, it is very unfortunate that we're limited to only a select few leaders to stand a chance against one specific leader, lol.

Personally, I've found Decimus to work the best, and in hindsight, I wish I played him. The warlord could tank a Hog, and Vortex could probably work the Marines if I got lucky.

Jerome is my favourite but he just doesn't stand a chance. In the mech, grenades eat him alive. Out of the mech, double Anvil Round puts him to sleep quickly. Losing Jerome is a serious cost in resources. Similar story with Atriox, double Anvil Round says goodnight.

I think Decimus, YapYap, and maybe Colony would be my best bet if I'm to tackle this combo again, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for your comment!
Thing with multi Forge is that between the Forgehogs and his economy buff he becomes almost unstopable, I've been able to beat two Forges once on this Season and was with an Enforcers + Frostravens combo, but the simple way to put it is that if you want to have a chance, you have to ensure they don't exploit map control and the economy buff, so, you'll have to either kill the Forgehogs on the most efficient way you can or rush their bases and take down the supply buildings, then again is hard to put it in action and for me has only vs 2 Forges, fighting 3.... Well, I never saw so much cheese, even bad players get to win with triple Forge.
I wouldn't call myself a high level player either. But I definitely wouldnt be using arby atm. He is pretty much a one trick pony. I would suggest going decimus or atriox then trying choppers plus jeromes jr. Not sure if it will work against that many marines and the forge hogs tho. My other suggestion would be to go yap yap and swarm fodder and pick up every minibase you can in the first minute then try to tech up. Best of luck tho i have been having problems with forge as well
Please see my other comment about Arby. That one trick may be predictable, but it's not easy to stop. Arby may be the most underrated leader currently, in my opinion. If you get those rage buffs going, it's a beautiful sight. The only thing holding him back, is his hero. But, again, totally my opinion.

Unfortunately, I think we will have to run one or two of the leaders you've suggested just to stand a chance. It sucks being confined to a select few leaders, but I suppose there's nothing I can do about that.

Thank you for your comment!
Thing with multi Forge is that between the Forgehogs and his economy buff he becomes almost unstopable, I've been able to beat two Forges once on this Season and was with an Enforcers + Frostravens combo, but the simple way to put it is that if you want to have a chance, you have to ensure they don't exploit map control and the economy buff, so, you'll have to either kill the Forgehogs on the most efficient way you can or rush their bases and take down the supply buildings, then again is hard to put it in action and for me has only vs 2 Forges, fighting 3.... Well, I never saw so much cheese, even bad players get to win with triple Forge.
No kidding, my man. He's got a lot going for him. I could see Frostravens working, but our opponents were at our bases so early and had far too many Marines for them to be effective. We had Enforcers going, but two Hogs is just so much to contest, especially with how early they hit our bases.

We even managed to kill both Hogs, but they were out again almost immediately. It takes us so much resources just to kill this one unit, then it's back again immediately.

You're not wrong. Forge is essentially easy mode, lol.

Thank you for your comment!
The current best 2s player uses the Atriox/Yap combo. If you want to analyse his builds, here's a bunch of his games.
The current best 2s player uses the Atriox/Yap combo. If you want to analyse his builds, here's a bunch of his games.
I have seen that combo a fair bit recently, along with YapYap/Decimus. While I would agree it's strong, I don't know about it being the best. We have played both combos and run through them every time. My only losses in 2's this season are from Forge, D/C's, and one game where my partner and I choked very badly.

Nonetheless, thank you for your comment! I'll look into that.

EDIT: I thought you said "best 2's comp". My apologies.
Daily post complaining about Forge incoming.

Hi, guys.

Recently, every time I have made a post/comment stating that Forge is unbalanced in some way, people have told me that I'm a poor player or that I need to git gud, in some manner or another. So, instead of continuing with that tradition, I'm here today, to ask the much more skilled players than myself, how to combat the ol' double Forge in 2's.

Story time.

Last night, I played the same team twice using double Forge. Both players had the Hog at my base at the ~2:00 minute mark. This distracted my partner and I long enough for our opponents to grab all the nodes on the map. Once our opponents had taken all the nodes, the hogs were reinforced with 20+ Marines with Grenade Throw. Somehow, we managed to kill both Hogs, but suffered severe losses, and we still had to combat all the Marines. Thirty seconds later, both Hogs were back, full health, and ready to go. The game was over at this point, and it was just a matter of time before we were over run.

My partner and I were playing Jerome and Arbiter; we have great synergy with this combo and do very well (40-4 this season). But, we truly struggle facing this combo. After some discussion about our losses, my partner and I came to the conclusion that to beat the double Forge combo, one would have to go double Forge themselves or go Decimus/YapYap, as they are rather effective at combating Forge. But, I refuse to use Forge, especially two of them, as it's unsportsmanlike, and I don't care much for Decimus or YapYap.

So, I ask you, skilled players of Halo Waypoint, how does one beat double Forge reinforced by 20+ Marines with Grenade Throw?

Few things to cover:

-we tried suicide Grunts to take out the Marines. Effective micro and good use of the Hog shut that down rather quickly

-turrets helped, but didn't seem that effective, even when upgraded. Additinally, upgrading the turrets only set our power back even more. Getting behind Forge in the power game is an instant loss

-feel free to check out my game history to get a better feel of what went down (it's not pretty)

That about covers it. Thanks for reading, everyone :).
Double Deci, give em the ape.

Then just build like one dude rangers other dude hunters. Pull micro hog to death and den use vortex or something else wise.

If you live, you pretty much force Forges into air because Deci has better options on the ground in the mid to late game. You also can play Scarabs, marauders really anything with Deci due to recent buffs.

Warlord has usually always been the guy that counters out other heroes.
well if you consider the fact that the hig has double the shield and health of most tech 1 heroes and consider the fact that his main attack does more single target damage than a chosen yeah hes overpowered still. his tech 3 is byfar the strongest hero besides warlord.

which brings me to my next point, his only true hard counter is warlord at tech 1 everything else still loses if he micros. cause his main attack kills everything so fast.

the only reason you arent seeing 2 forge 1 seci teams is cause well. all those forge uaers from season 5 are bad and now he tskes a little skill so yeah he seems awful but in reality hes still op AF
TDF Yomado wrote:
well if you consider the fact that the hig has double the shield and health of most tech 1 heroes and consider the fact that his main attack does more single target damage than a chosen yeah hes overpowered still. his tech 3 is byfar the strongest hero besides warlord.

which brings me to my next point, his only true hard counter is warlord at tech 1 everything else still loses if he micros. cause his main attack kills everything so fast.

the only reason you arent seeing 2 forge 1 seci teams is cause well. all those forge uaers from season 5 are bad and now he tskes a little skill so yeah he seems awful but in reality hes still op AF
Tomato, I highly encourage you to work on your grammar. It's tricky to understand what you're trying to say.

I just tried Forge a bit (I barely use him), and got spanked by that Atriox/YapYap combo. I'm tempted to believe that combo is stronger than the double Forge.

No one is saying that he's not unbalanced, my dude. I've expressed many times on here how I believe that he is unbalanced, and outclasses almost every other hero.

But, hey, what do I know? I'm trash, according to you :p.
TDF Yomado wrote:
well if you consider the fact that the hig has double the shield and health of most tech 1 heroes and consider the fact that his main attack does more single target damage than a chosen yeah hes overpowered still. his tech 3 is byfar the strongest hero besides warlord.

which brings me to my next point, his only true hard counter is warlord at tech 1 everything else still loses if he micros. cause his main attack kills everything so fast.

the only reason you arent seeing 2 forge 1 seci teams is cause well. all those forge uaers from season 5 are bad and now he tskes a little skill so yeah he seems awful but in reality hes still op AF
Tomato, I highly encourage you to work on your grammar. It's tricky to understand what you're trying to say.

I just tried Forge a bit (I barely use him), and got spanked by that Atriox/YapYap combo. I'm tempted to believe that combo is stronger than the double Forge.

No one is saying that he's not unbalanced, my dude. I've expressed many times on here how I believe that he is unbalanced, and outclasses almost every other hero.

But, hey, what do I know? I'm trash, according to you :p.
lol still harboring on the old messages i see. oh well maybe ill vs you someday while im trying and not testing stuff in team war. doutful cause trying in team war is pointless you gain nothing from it. so keep rushing buddy and feel good.

yeah i need to text type slower, for the hog stuff all im going to say is his y ability comboed with his strong main attack. 2 forges can instant kill most leaders. they 3 shot engineers and unless you surround them they just hit and run. all i see when i have a tech 2 hog is $$$$$$$ signs cause you aint killin dat hog and ill micro easy kills cause he has a fat shield. im not saying skilled players cant beat him but from my standpoint forge hog is definately the 2nd or 3rd best hero in the game. and if warlord is not on the vsing team, hes the best hero in the game.

now that you can build marines with him, once he gets defensive aura just surround him with marine spam. you will never beat defensive aura rines with a teched hog
TDF Yomado wrote:
TDF Yomado wrote:
well if you consider the fact that the hig has double the shield and health of most tech 1 heroes and consider the fact that his main attack does more single target damage than a chosen yeah hes overpowered still. his tech 3 is byfar the strongest hero besides warlord.

which brings me to my next point, his only true hard counter is warlord at tech 1 everything else still loses if he micros. cause his main attack kills everything so fast.

the only reason you arent seeing 2 forge 1 seci teams is cause well. all those forge uaers from season 5 are bad and now he tskes a little skill so yeah he seems awful but in reality hes still op AF
Tomato, I highly encourage you to work on your grammar. It's tricky to understand what you're trying to say.

I just tried Forge a bit (I barely use him), and got spanked by that Atriox/YapYap combo. I'm tempted to believe that combo is stronger than the double Forge.

No one is saying that he's not unbalanced, my dude. I've expressed many times on here how I believe that he is unbalanced, and outclasses almost every other hero.

But, hey, what do I know? I'm trash, according to you :p.
lol still harboring on the old messages i see. oh well maybe ill vs you someday while im trying and not testing stuff in team war. doutful cause trying in team war is pointless you gain nothing from it. so keep rushing buddy and feel good.

yeah i need to text type slower, for the hog stuff all im going to say is his y ability comboed with his strong main attack. 2 forges can instant kill most leaders. they 3 shot engineers and unless you surround them they just hit and run. all i see when i have a tech 2 hog is $$$$$$$ signs cause you aint killin dat hog and ill micro easy kills cause he has a fat shield. im not saying skilled players cant beat him but from my standpoint forge hog is definately the 2nd or 3rd best hero in the game. and if warlord is not on the vsing team, hes the best hero in the game.

now that you can build marines with him, once he gets defensive aura just surround him with marine spam. you will never beat defensive aura rines with a teched hog
Just giving you a hard time, my man. I know I'm not a good player. I've already told you, I'm mediocre, at best. I have no problem admitting that.

I agree, though. He's far too versatile and well rounded.
Forge isn't bald; he shaves.
More complaining about forge yay. I'll just move along-
More complaining about forge yay. I'll just move along-
I'm asking for help in combating Forge, not solely complaining about a leader. Your comment is useless and not needed.

Please, move along.
Forge isn't bald; he shaves.
Well, learn something new everyday. I'm unable to edit the title, so let's pretend it says "double shaven guy" :p.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2