1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Postums wrote:
It wouldn't really matter. The voices in the game are done, so it's not like Shippy could announce it as anything other than "upgrade complete."

So anything in the lore to do with Elites would probably suffice.
Well that makes sense.
But you would have to remove the line: "Command us Arbiter."
Not necessarily. Banshees say “for the Shipmaster” for all Banished leaders.
Postums wrote:
Well that makes sense.
But you would have to remove the line: "Command us Arbiter."
Not necessarily. Banshees say “for the Shipmaster” for all Banished leaders.
But the elite is addressing the leader though...
While I think this would be a great idea, I'm not sure it'll ever happen.

I mean, it would require new voice over work, since Enforcers refer to the Arbiter a lot. Then, as Postums pointed out, their y ability wouldn't mesh with Let, and would push too far into Ripa's territory. I don't really see them changing their y ability for something new at this point.

Though they did put out that request thread, so there's a chance it could happen. But I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
nuchey wrote:
Do you really have to quote the entire OP just to write 2 sentences? I hate when people do that -_-

On topic: Sorry Joker as cool as it would be it seems very unlikely solely because Elite enforcers are a unique unit to Arbiter and people pay money for Arbiter. In a way, people are paying for the unique units that are Elite Enforcers.

Not saying I'm against the idea just saying it seems unlikely solely because Arby costs $
LET ME DREAM.
Postums wrote:
Hmmm... Makes sense to me. Definitely don't want to #MakeShipKillEveryoneAgain, but I like the idea of for sure. I think it would have to change slightly because of the stasis abilities on them as well as other things. But I definitely like the idea.
Update on my last thing: maybe give Shipmaster's enforcers cloak as a Y? It would make sense with shipmaster's cloaking tactics.
As a Shipy main all i can say is...
DEW IT!!!

It hurts me that shipy atm is so weak but with enforces he would be a rightfull god once again :)
Well balance wise it shouldnt be like that at all but you get what i mean.

Only sidenotes would be as someone said is their upgrade saying Arbiters Champion and the fact it doesnt really fit the lore that Shipmaster would have access to the stasis technology (since arbiters phoenix log said he gained access to that prototype tech)
Ado Ulamee wrote:
You know, despite what I commented on in the update patch thread last night regarding this idea, I like it. Think I was just being to much of a pessimist last night. It would give a proper reason to upgrade his teleport sooner.
Happy to hear you've changed you tune :).

My tune never changed, I always supported it. Was only posting the possible arguments against it at the time. Was always a supporter of this idea. :)
I’ve got just the fix for enforcer’s grenade. Give it the UNSC Sniper’s Active Camo upgrade instead. Shipmaster’s Grunts first upgrade is also called the same.

I’m looking at it now in game. The upgrade description is as follows:
Adds the ability to temporarily cloak. Detection units can reveal cloak.

The UI would therefore need no updating! It can just be copy pasted over, just as it is shared between Grunts and snipers!
Give them cloak like others have said, it won't be as useful seeing as detection is getting a range buff.
The stasis grenades for enforcers could be changed to smoke grenades like the nightingale fart. With this it would be pretty similar to the stasis grenades with how they can stop enemies from firing, even with the buffs to detection.

Hipmaster should also get Accelerated Assembly but for air units but that's just my stupid idea
Postums wrote:
Hmmm... Makes sense to me. Definitely don't want to #MakeShipKillEveryoneAgain, but I like the idea of for sure. I think it would have to change slightly because of the stasis abilities on them as well as other things. But I definitely like the idea.
Yea anything to buff my boy Shippy I'm all for it :)
While I think this would be a great idea, I'm not sure it'll ever happen.

I mean, it would require new voice over work, since Enforcers refer to the Arbiter a lot. Then, as Postums pointed out, their y ability wouldn't mesh with Let, and would push too far into Ripa's territory. I don't really see them changing their y ability for something new at this point.

Though they did put out that request thread, so there's a chance it could happen. But I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
nuchey wrote:
I agree he is somewhat weak but the buff to Grunts will help him alot. I would hate to see Enforcers be constantly teleported and exstracted around the map. This would be a nightmare.
Do you really have to quote the entire OP just to write 2 sentences? I hate when people do that -_-

On topic: Sorry Joker as cool as it would be it seems very unlikely solely because Elite enforcers are a unique unit to Arbiter and people pay money for Arbiter. In a way, people are paying for the unique units that are Elite Enforcers.

Not saying I'm against the idea just saying it seems unlikely solely because Arby costs $
LET ME DREAM.
People weren't up in arms when we added Elite grunts to ship. People were really wanting us to do it and it definitely made sense then. Shipmaster launched with brute grunts but then they made elite grunts for Arbiter and put them on both Ship and Arby. I mean I know someone would get mad if a dlc unit was shared with a base game leader, but I still wouldn't understand why they would... But people get mad over things all the time and then things keep moving forward.

But again - I like the idea. I won't kill your dream Joker!
Postums wrote:
nuchey wrote:
I agree he is somewhat weak but the buff to Grunts will help him alot. I would hate to see Enforcers be constantly teleported and exstracted around the map. This would be a nightmare.
LET ME DREAM.
People weren't up in arms when we added Elite grunts to ship. People were really wanting us to do it and it definitely made sense then. Shipmaster launched with brute grunts but then they made elite grunts for Arbiter and put them on both Ship and Arby. I mean I know someone would get mad if a dlc unit was shared with a base game leader, but I still wouldn't understand why they would... But people get mad over things all the time and then things keep moving forward.

Fun fact, my most liked post in Waypoint history was me just simply saying: "I'm just happy Shipmaster got Elite Grunts."

Pretty sure as long as it didn't upset the balance of the game more would be happy than sad.
Postums wrote:
nuchey wrote:

As always, I appreciate you.
Postums wrote:
nuchey wrote:
LET ME DREAM.

Fun fact, my most liked post in Waypoint history was me just simply saying: "I'm just happy Shipmaster got Elite Grunts."

Pretty sure as long as it didn't upset the balance of the game more would be happy than sad.
I do wish he had granades. I hate to mirrior ghosts vs scouts. Even worse, arby and Kinsano Scouts still reign supreme so Ship litterally cant do anything then.
Postums wrote:
I don't think this change would make Ship king again, but I do understand that concern. This would be a sizeable buff. The Stasis Grenades were something I wasn't sure about, as Stasis is kinda Arby's "thing", so handing that off to Ship, as well, would be a little strange.

Happy to hear you like the idea :).
Replace y with cloaking.
Ruzylo wrote:
Postums wrote:
I don't think this change would make Ship king again, but I do understand that concern. This would be a sizeable buff. The Stasis Grenades were something I wasn't sure about, as Stasis is kinda Arby's "thing", so handing that off to Ship, as well, would be a little strange.

Replace y with cloaking.
Cloaked building killers would be good, but I feel most people would just build watchtowers to counter it. I would love to have them throw plasma grenades. It would help Ship out early game a bit as well.
As a Shipy main all i can say is...
DEW IT!!!

It hurts me that shipy atm is so weak but with enforces he would be a rightfull god once again :)
Well balance wise it shouldnt be like that at all but you get what i mean.

Only sidenotes would be as someone said is their upgrade saying Arbiters Champion and the fact it doesnt really fit the lore that Shipmaster would have access to the stasis technology (since arbiters phoenix log said he gained access to that prototype tech)
As a fellow ship main I couldn’t agree more with you and you know what would be better if shipmaster’s enforcers would get plasma gernades instead if this did happen in the future
Postums wrote:
Ruzylo wrote:
Postums wrote:

Replace y with cloaking.
Cloaked building killers would be good, but I feel most people would just build watchtowers to counter it. I would love to have them throw plasma grenades. It would help Ship out early game a bit as well.
But then again locusts are better at that point in the game this would hurt to try honestly as shipmaster can’t elite enforcers like arbiter
Postums wrote:
Ruzylo wrote:
Postums wrote:
Replacing Arbiter's Champiom with Cloaking seems to be the fan favourite, from what I've seen. I really like that idea, as it would be useful in-game and fits the lore of Shipmaster.

Watchtowers would counter this play, sure, but they would be excellent for harassing mini bases and fresh expos. The Cloaking could also help escape sticky situationa, assuming the opposition is lacking detect units.

Plama Grenades would be really cool! Just ensure they aren't as strong towards scouts as Stasis Grenades used to be, lol.

Laslty, this would help Ship's early game a lot, and even help is mid game quite a lot (explained in OP).
Postums wrote:
Well the elites still work under the Arbiter which is a high honor now so it would not be bad to make aribter champion with them, but why not just give them a regular plasma grenade to do damage. If that out of the works then make them much weaker in terms of damage with stealth.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5