1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Postums wrote:
While I think this would be a great idea, I'm not sure it'll ever happen.

I mean, it would require new voice over work, since Enforcers refer to the Arbiter a lot. Then, as Postums pointed out, their y ability wouldn't mesh with Let, and would push too far into Ripa's territory. I don't really see them changing their y ability for something new at this point.

Though they did put out that request thread, so there's a chance it could happen. But I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
nuchey wrote:
I agree he is somewhat weak but the buff to Grunts will help him alot. I would hate to see Enforcers be constantly teleported and exstracted around the map. This would be a nightmare.
Do you really have to quote the entire OP just to write 2 sentences? I hate when people do that -_-

On topic: Sorry Joker as cool as it would be it seems very unlikely solely because Elite enforcers are a unique unit to Arbiter and people pay money for Arbiter. In a way, people are paying for the unique units that are Elite Enforcers.

Not saying I'm against the idea just saying it seems unlikely solely because Arby costs $
LET ME DREAM.
People weren't up in arms when we added Elite grunts to ship. People were really wanting us to do it and it definitely made sense then. Shipmaster launched with brute grunts but then they made elite grunts for Arbiter and put them on both Ship and Arby. I mean I know someone would get mad if a dlc unit was shared with a base game leader, but I still wouldn't understand why they would... But people get mad over things all the time and then things keep moving forward.

But again - I like the idea. I won't kill your dream Joker!
Yeah but in a way the Elite grunts were made for both Arby and Shippy because every DLC Leader (except YapYap) comes with two unique units. Arby's being Phantoms and Enforcers. Like I said Elite grunt squads were just a nice bonus for the two elite leaders! I wouldn't really care if Shippy got enforcers though as long as the Y ability was removed from them so Arby's would seem a bit more special.
Postums wrote:
Hmmm... Makes sense to me. Definitely don't want to #MakeShipKillEveryoneAgain, but I like the idea of for sure. I think it would have to change slightly because of the stasis abilities on them as well as other things. But I definitely like the idea.
Well I highly doubt it will happen again as there are more leaders now that are better like arbiter and pavium and locusts aren’t as op anymore
While we're sharing dreams, why not give Colony grunt squads led by a hunter?

They would be slower than regular grunts but tankier than marines. Leaving the Y ability the same would be fine. The upgrade that adds a brute would now add a hunter, now called Bond Brothers, and it would also allow for a second skitterer to be attached. They would just have fuel rods and be able to target air like Heavy Grunts, and would not get AV bonuses as not to break balance.
I like this idea, even the cloaked enforcers.

I think it would seriously buff shippy, and make him the leader with the most versatile early game.

The more I think about it, I like it.

But, be prepared for errrybody and their cousins playing as Shippy afterwards.
I like this idea, even the cloaked enforcers.

I think it would seriously buff shippy, and make him the leader with the most versatile early game.

The more I think about it, I like it.

But, be prepared for errrybody and their cousins playing as Shippy afterwards.
Glad to hear you approve :D.

Yes, this would certainly be a buff to Shipmaster, no doubt about that. If this change were to happen, along with the Glassing Beam buffs/changes, I could see Ship moving his way up the tier list. However, I don't think his early game would surpass The Arbiter, Cutter, Kinsano, etc. So, yes, his early game would be much better than it currently is, but I don't believe it would make him too much. Remember, he wouldn't have access to COR, so his Enforcers wouldn't be juiced up like Bane.

I would love to see my boy Shipmaster get played some more. I never see him anymore :/.
This is a good idea, but I would not change enforcers in any way. I would be more curious to see what people do with them as they currently are before changing anything.

I do not agree with the cloak ability. Building killers with a Y-ability cloak just seems like a bad idea. What are scouts suppose to do? Watch towers are not a strong counter early game. 5 enforcers currently kill a watch tower in roughly 7 seconds (this will change with the downtime on the grenade being increased). I feel like Cloak would force too much investment by the defending player into detection.

Also cloak grunts are not a good comparison here since they have terrible building damage (or atleast compared to enforcers). Plus cloak enforcers are just going to be harder to counter with scouts, which they already do well against.
I would love to see my boy Shipmaster get played some more. I never see him anymore :/.
Very true. I often forget how much COR improves their effectiveness.

I also agree that Ship wouldn't be the top leader, I just mean the most versatile. As in, when going against a Shippy, I'd have no clue what he was going to open with: ghosts, hero, cloaked grunts, enforcers, etc.
Which is a good thing :D
Would be nice to have a proper counter to those early but rare rushes of brute jetpacks. Spamming grunts just does not work well plus you have to tech up for rangers.
EiTeNeR wrote:
This is a good idea, but I would not change enforcers in any way. I would be more curious to see what people do with them as they currently are before changing anything.

I do not agree with the cloak ability. Building killers with a Y-ability cloak just seems like a bad idea. What are scouts suppose to do? Watch towers are not a strong counter early game. 5 enforcers currently kill a watch tower in roughly 7 seconds (this will change with the downtime on the grenade being increased). I feel like Cloak would force too much investment by the defending player into detection.

Also cloak grunts are not a good comparison here since they have terrible building damage (or atleast compared to enforcers). Plus cloak enforcers are just going to be harder to counter with scouts, which they already do well against.
Personally, I would be a-okay with Enforcers remaining exactly same, if this were to happen. However, this wouldn't really make sense, lore wise. The Arbiter has access to all the Stasis stuff, so it doesn't make sense for Shipmaster to have it, as well.

If Cloaking were to become the Enforcers Y ability, it would replace thier T2 upgrade, Arbiter's Champion. So, we wouldn't have to worry about the early game interactions of Cloaking, even though upgraded scouts have detection.
How about replacing the Y ability with a teleport?
Would be a tad pointless seeing as teleport is one of the first two leader abilities. Could just give them good old plasma grenades to avoid that whole stun thing. Worked just fine in the first game.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Would be a tad pointless seeing as teleport is one of the first two leader abilities. Could just give them good old plasma grenades to avoid that whole stun thing. Worked just fine in the first game.
The plasma gernades shoul act like the in the fps games as in do a lot of damage but detonate after a second of being attached to the enemy with some aoe
Ado Ulamee wrote:
The plasma gernades shoul act like the in the fps games as in do a lot of damage but detonate after a second of being attached to the enemy with some aoe
First game had just that, the grenades went off after a few seconds. However no AOE damage with that one.
Teleport would be awful in my opinion as you basically as shipmaster have three teleports one that heals you and takes you to your main base( extraction) , one that connects to points anywhere on the map and teleport which can be upgraded so it is kind of pointless
Teleport would be awful in my opinion as you basically as shipmaster have three teleports one that heals you and takes you to your main base( extraction) , one that connects to points anywhere on the map and teleport which can be upgraded so it is kind of pointless
Redundancy isn't always a bad thing. It would give more options early game because you probably don't really want to spend your LP and energy that early on Teleport, and in mid game you can use it to dodge leader powers and separate your building killers out of an engagement while saving the other teleports on hand for the rest of your units.
Redundancy isn't always a bad thing. It would give more options early game because you probably don't really want to spend your LP and energy that early on Teleport, and in mid game you can use it to dodge leader powers and separate your building killers out of an engagement while saving the other teleports on hand for the rest of your units.
Remember teleport the leader power charges fast for a leader power and elite enforcers had an offensive y ability at this point cloaking or plasma gernades would probably be better in my opinion
I like the idea but it would need a LOT of balance, teleporting enforcers sound like a custom made nightmare.
I like the idea but it would need a LOT of balance, teleporting enforcers sound like a custom made nightmare.
The Arbiter already has access toTeleport on first point, just like Shipmaster, and it's not an issue.
The Arbiter already has access toTeleport on first point, just like Shipmaster, and it's not an issue.
But if elite enforcers can teleport with out help from a leader power that can cause balancing problems I think shipmaster’s enforcers should get plasma grenades that are stronger than arbiter ‘s elite enforcers stasis grenade it makes sense and imagine if all of the sudden your trying to make an army and a ton of elite enforcers appears in front of your base you would probably be salty as now rushes could be faster than before or at least enforcer rushes
But if elite enforcers can teleport with out help from a leader power that can cause balancing problems I think shipmaster’s enforcers should get plasma grenades that are stronger than arbiter ‘s elite enforcers stasis grenade it makes sense and imagine if all of the sudden your trying to make an army and a ton of elite enforcers appears in front of your base you would probably be salty as now rushes could be faster than before or at least enforcer rushes
Ah, they must have been referring to that, not the Leader Power. My bad.

Having Teleport has an ability would simply be a bad idea; Cloaking or Plamsa Grenades would be much better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5