OP Sadder Joker

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I like the idea but it would need a LOT of balance, teleporting enforcers sound like a custom made nightmare.
The Arbiter already has access toTeleport on first point, just like Shipmaster, and it's not an issue.
But if elite enforcers can teleport with out help from a leader power that can cause balancing problems I think shipmaster’s enforcers should get plasma grenades that are stronger than arbiter ‘s elite enforcers stasis grenade it makes sense and imagine if all of the sudden your trying to make an army and a ton of elite enforcers appears in front of your base you would probably be salty as now rushes could be faster than before or at least enforcer rushes
Ah, they must have been referring to that, not the Leader Power. My bad.

Having Teleport has an ability would simply be a bad idea; Cloaking or Plamsa Grenades would be much better.
Perhaps a very lazy idea, but if the transition does not work for plasma grenades, could try the smaller plasma ones the brute-led grunts do. Just change the color from red to blue for the plasma effect.
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:
While I think this would be a great idea, I'm not sure it'll ever happen.

I mean, it would require new voice over work, since Enforcers refer to the Arbiter a lot. Then, as Postums pointed out, their y ability wouldn't mesh with Let, and would push too far into Ripa's territory. I don't really see them changing their y ability for something new at this point.

Though they did put out that request thread, so there's a chance it could happen. But I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
nuchey wrote:
I agree he is somewhat weak but the buff to Grunts will help him alot. I would hate to see Enforcers be constantly teleported and exstracted around the map. This would be a nightmare.
Do you really have to quote the entire OP just to write 2 sentences? I hate when people do that -_-

On topic: Sorry Joker as cool as it would be it seems very unlikely solely because Elite enforcers are a unique unit to Arbiter and people pay money for Arbiter. In a way, people are paying for the unique units that are Elite Enforcers.

Not saying I'm against the idea just saying it seems unlikely solely because Arby costs $
Yeah but in a way the Elite grunts were made for both Arby and Shippy because every DLC Leader (except YapYap) comes with two unique units. Arby's being Phantoms and Enforcers. Like I said Elite grunt squads were just a nice bonus for the two elite leaders! I wouldn't really care if Shippy got enforcers though as long as the Y ability was removed from them so Arby's would seem a bit more special.
Except Kinsano...
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

I mean, it would require new voice over work, since Enforcers refer to the Arbiter a lot. Then, as Postums pointed out, their y ability wouldn't mesh with Let, and would push too far into Ripa's territory. I don't really see them changing their y ability for something new at this point.

Though they did put out that request thread, so there's a chance it could happen. But I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
nuchey wrote:
I agree he is somewhat weak but the buff to Grunts will help him alot. I would hate to see Enforcers be constantly teleported and exstracted around the map. This would be a nightmare.
Do you really have to quote the entire OP just to write 2 sentences? I hate when people do that -_-

On topic: Sorry Joker as cool as it would be it seems very unlikely solely because Elite enforcers are a unique unit to Arbiter and people pay money for Arbiter. In a way, people are paying for the unique units that are Elite Enforcers.

Not saying I'm against the idea just saying it seems unlikely solely because Arby costs $
Yeah but in a way the Elite grunts were made for both Arby and Shippy because every DLC Leader (except YapYap) comes with two unique units. Arby's being Phantoms and Enforcers. Like I said Elite grunt squads were just a nice bonus for the two elite leaders! I wouldn't really care if Shippy got enforcers though as long as the Y ability was removed from them so Arby's would seem a bit more special.
Except Kinsano...
And pavium
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium
She has her hero unit and flame hogs, thus two. As for pavium, you're right far as I know
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium
She has her hero unit and flame hogs, thus two. As for pavium, you're right far as I know
Pav has Pavium and Wraith Invaders!
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium
Thank you, feel silly for forgetting on those. Does prove though that Almost all the leaders have at least two unique units. Shipmaster only has one really, his honor guard.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium
Thank you, feel silly for forgetting on those. Does prove though that Almost all the leaders have at least two unique units. Shipmaster only has one really, his honor guard.
I would debate that. Most of the launch leaders don't have unique units.

Artiox, Decimus, Cutter, and Isabel don't have any unique units outside their hero.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium

Artiox, Decimus, Cutter, and Isabel don't have any unique units outside their hero.
Well, did say almost :P Plus I admit since I only ever play shipmaster and Arby, had no clue on those.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium

This is kinda debatable.

Atriox has countermeasures Brutes.
Deci has Deci drop.
Cutter has ODST's.
Isabel has Scorps/Gales with shields.

Aside thier hero units, each of those leaders has some kind of unique unit or passive that is unique to them.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium

Well, did say almost :P Plus I admit since I only ever play shipmaster and Arby, had no clue on those.
Makes sense then, sorry I didn't read the previous posts lol

But anyways, I do know that something that became more of an issue as the game got older was launch leaders didn't have any of the cool new toys the DLC leaders did. Sadly we can't really change that.

EXCEPT by giving Shipmaster Enforcers, which I would love to see.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium

This is kinda debatable.

Atriox has countermeasures Brutes.
Deci has Deci drop.
Cutter has ODST's.
Isabel has Scorps/Gales with shields.

Aside thier hero units, each of those leaders has some kind of unique unit or passive that is unique to them.
Simply arguing semantics, but you could say the same about Shipmaster's cloaked Marauders or speedy Wraiths.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium

Does anyone other than Cutter have ODSTs? I realize they're only from a drop, but I think he's the only one who has those units.

Also, Decimus has both Decimus himself and the warlord hero (so that's two units, no?).

I can't think of any unique units for Atriox or Isabel other than their hero. Shielded scorpion tanks and nightingales are pretty sweet, but that does not make those units unique.
Badass2790 wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium

Does anyone other than Cutter have ODSTs? I realize they're only from a drop, but I think he's the only one who has those units.

Also, Decimus has both Decimus himself and the warlord hero (so that's two units, no?).

I can't think of any unique units for Atriox or Isabel other than their hero. Shielded scorpion tanks and nightingales are pretty sweet, but that does not make those units unique.
I was only including buildable unique units. But this conversation is a little off topic at this point lol
One thing I am wondering since I have not noticed it asked or told yet. Let's say this idea gets the green light, how long would it take to implement?
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium
It would appear Nuchey wasn't counting heroes with his original post
Ado Ulamee wrote:
One thing I am wondering since I have not noticed it asked or told yet. Let's say this idea gets the green light, how long would it take to implement?
No one but the devs know. Could be as simple as copy/paste or could be much more complex.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium
Hero doesn't count as the "two", Pavium has Wraith Invaders and Lich guys.

As for Kinsano, seems they skimped out on her, maybe it had to do with all the fire effect they had to create and possibly since she was the first DLC leader

Badass2790 wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:

I was only referring to the DLC leaders and I'm not counting the Hero as a 'unique unit'. I mean it is unique and all I'm just talking about how almost all of the DLC leaders come with 2 unique units. (Except Kinsano and YapYap)
Ado Ulamee wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:

nuchey wrote:

Except Kinsano...
And pavium
Not including heroes as every leader has one
Postums wrote:
Hmmm... Makes sense to me. Definitely don't want to #MakeShipKillEveryoneAgain, but I like the idea of for sure. I think it would have to change slightly because of the stasis abilities on them as well as other things. But I definitely like the idea.
I don't think this change would make Ship king again, but I do understand that concern. This would be a sizeable buff. The Stasis Grenades were something I wasn't sure about, as Stasis is kinda Arby's "thing", so handing that off to Ship, as well, would be a little strange.

Happy to hear you like the idea :).
Give em a Plasma Grenade similar on how Grunt Squads had in HW1.
Wondering here, since the Arbiter is long dead, shouldn't in reality the enforcers actually be under Let's command? Or are they even on the ark canon-wise?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5