Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

End of season - rewards based on highest rank?

OP aladdinBro

Will there be season rewards at the end of this season? When the new season starts will it be a hard reset to our CSR or a soft reset like Rocket League does? Also will there ever be a way to view your opponents rankings in game? Thanks!
aladdinBro wrote:
Will there be season rewards at the end of this season? When the new season starts will it be a hard reset to our CSR or a soft reset like Rocket League does? Also will there ever be a way to view your opponents rankings in game? Thanks!
You should ask this sticky topic

ask the team
aladdinBro wrote:
You should ask this sticky topic

ask the team
Thanks, done!
It would be nice to have a medal chest.. Where you receive a Medal that can be shown next to your name and in your profile. Something like this. Maybe some Blitz Packs too?
What rewards? Never heard there were going to be rewards for rank season?
Bragging rights.
Bragging rights.
HAHA..to be honest I just got to Gold rank on MP and Blitz then stopped playing ranked. Just so I wouldn't drop..What else is there to keep playing it for? in my opinion this rank system needs some work.
Bragging rights.
HAHA..to be honest I just got to Gold rank on MP and Blitz then stopped playing ranked. Just so I wouldn't drop..What else is there to keep playing it for? in my opinion this rank system needs some work.
Gold is not even near the top... just FYI. There are much higher ranks than gold. Platinum, Diamond, Onyx and Champion are all higher. Gold has 6 tiers too, and you are at 5 of 6. Not sure what Rank gets you other than bragging rights, but if you stop at Gold, you are really average to below average of the ranking pecking order.
DA Cleric wrote:
Bragging rights.
Gold is not even near the top... just FYI. There are much higher ranks than gold. Platinum, Diamond, Onyx and Champion are all higher. Gold has 6 tiers too, and you are at 5 of 6. Not sure what Rank gets you other than bragging rights, but if you stop at Gold, you are really average to below average of the ranking pecking order.
And I really don't care..I play the game to have fun, not to freak out about being in pointless medal categories.
I believe it would be a soft reset with the ranks. Like if you are in onyx or champion and you do well on your placement matches, you should be placed near your rank when the season ended. You could probably even be placed higher than what you were before depending on who you play. Thats how it was in halo 5.
DA Cleric wrote:
Bragging rights.
And I really don't care..I play the game to have fun, not to freak out about being in pointless medal categories.
That is reasonable, but I thought you were implying that you quit ranked matches because you didn't want to drop rank because you thought you were peaked out at gold. Maybe I misunderstood and wanted to point out that climbing the ladder could be more motivation.

Now what you get for climbing the ladder besides bragging rights and a cooler medal is beyond me. I guess it is just being competitive because heck, competing against other players is the basis of playing against human players instead of AI. You increase and decrease rank in proportion to your opponents rank, so it is cool seeing if you lose and drop a whole rank or something, it was to someone you should have beaten, where if you lose and drop like 5%... they are clearly the favorite.

It would be nice to see some sort of reward based on rank... nothing game changing, but I could see blitz packs, or some sort of skin for a particular unit or something like that.
To the best of my knowledge, they haven’t said a peep about end-of-season rewards, which leads me to believe we won’t see anything.

Following the lead of Halo 5, I think awarding a Blitz pack and season skin for everyone who ranked makes sense.
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
Bragging rights.
That is reasonable, but I thought you were implying that you quit ranked matches because you didn't want to drop rank because you thought you were peaked out at gold. Maybe I misunderstood and wanted to point out that climbing the ladder could be more motivation.

Now what you get for climbing the ladder besides bragging rights and a cooler medal is beyond me. I guess it is just being competitive because heck, competing against other players is the basis of playing against human players instead of AI. You increase and decrease rank in proportion to your opponents rank, so it is cool seeing if you lose and drop a whole rank or something, it was to someone you should have beaten, where if you lose and drop like 5%... they are clearly the favorite.

It would be nice to see some sort of reward based on rank... nothing game changing, but I could see blitz packs, or some sort of skin for a particular unit or something like that.
Yea I see what you mean..I probably will start playing them a bit more, I am a lvl 36 so I need to keep sharp..Another reason is I like Team Objective and Rumble game modes, they don't have ranked for either. I like Team War but not the mode I play the most.
What is the point of a ranked game?
JLERXBOX wrote:
100% bragging rights

and

Matching against players near your rank to try to allow more balanced gameplay.
when the season will finish?
JLERXBOX wrote:
100% bragging rights

and

Matching against players near your rank to try to allow more balanced gameplay.
also encourage more competitive attitudes in game, less ppl leave matches and they try hard, but i always go hard in casual games anyways
ranked only appeals to me if they implement a camo system with some depth for rewards.