Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Engineer Y ability question

OP AKAtheFonz

Pretty straight forward, can someone explain the mechanics of the engineer Y ability? How long is lasts, how much damage it reduces, does it stack and does the unit or building have to be entirely in the circular radius or just part of it? For example if i use it on my HQ, i cant engulf the whole thing, does it still apply ?
All I know is that it's blue
AKAtheFonz wrote:
Pretty straight forward, can someone explain the mechanics of the engineer Y ability? How long is lasts, how much damage it reduces, does it stack and does the unit or building have to be entirely in the circular radius or just part of it? For example if i use it on my HQ, i cant engulf the whole thing, does it still apply ?
I don't know how long it lasts (probably 10 seconds or so), if I recall correctly it stops 1/3 of incoming damage, it doesn't stack, and if you half cover something it counts as being entirely covered.
AKAtheFonz wrote:
I don't know how long it lasts (probably 10 seconds or so), if I recall correctly it stops 1/3 of incoming damage, it doesn't stack, and if you half cover something it counts as being entirely covered.
Great thank you. I read its actually 40% and it stacks twice but not for 80%, 40 then 40.
40% reduction, no stacking only need part covered
All I know is that it's blue
lmao, same here
I just played a match of 3v3 and fought against a guy that had air and engineers. My partner and I did a laser beam on him while his Y ability was active and it did no damage what so ever. Did they cheat or was it just that good that it protected there units with no damage. We lucked out and won but I didn't think that was fair cause when I use engineers it never does that if I get beamed I always either lose all my units or take damage. Should I report them for cheating?