Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Everything is unbalanced

OP DieHardAsItGets

Is it just me or is are there other people that feel the same way? I can't tell you how many times I lost to another leader simply because of their powers and capabilities. I mean take for instance in the very beginning of the game tech 1 and your opponent has the capability to teleport, go invisible, or have a very destructive laser beam. Now say I play with Jerome and my leader power consist of 3 mines, and health? I cant fight anyone who is invisible I have nothing like a nightinggale in tech1 or anything that can move fast enough from the laser beam. How is this even fair or balances in any kind of way? Take yap yap for instance his units may be weak but they are very plentiful and can take over the map almost instantly not allowing you to expand, or consume any resources. Not to mention his leader powers are quit powerful as well. I just see they keep buffing the UNSC leaders making it more resource and energy consuming to build any turret or units with less capabilities as before, and doing nothing to the covenant leaders. Anytime I play someone with the covenant leader I can play way more strategic than they are but still have a hard time winning just because of powers and capabilities alone, and to me that is the definition of unbalanced. Sucks to haft to come on waypoint any vent my thoughts in hope that someone with some power of changing will take notice, but they game is almost unbearable anymore.
Snipers detect cloaked units and you don't need leader powers when Jerome's hero unit exists
On a serious note, if you have trouble with Jerome in T1 then maybe HW2 isn't for you.
Lets see it cost 350 supplies and almost 750 power to build Jerome and then a single laser can kill him and your whole army on t1. Nothing you build on t1 can counter it or move out the way fast enough, this game is favored heavily on about 3 of the covanent leaders. Not to mention they have more than 1 over powered leader power and sniper cost a ton of energy to build just 1 which then prevents you from going t2. What does it cost to build those army's? I'm sure nothing close to what i pay for and if I want them to be worth anything I haft to upgrade but then again a single leader power will take everything out without their army even seeing combat. I been playing this game for a couple years and no how to counter and play but as of lately with all the buffs they really broke this game. Jerome has 1 drop that is good other than that the turret does no damage and the 3 mines are a joke.
boi, Jerome is one of, if not the best, leader in the game. You clearly don't know how to use him and play T1
The beam arrives around 4 minutes which is plenty of time to build a substantial force, and if you get beamed there's a thing called splitting your units. Not 'All Unit-ing' so your army stays as a ball, but paintbrushing groups of them so run in separate directions.

The only person cloaking in T1 is shippy if I'm not mistaken. All you need is a detect unit and they are not expensive at T1. You need a better eco if you're finding them expensive
I love how everyone just assumes I dont know how to play and I dont know how to use Jerome LOL. I just played a game and I was Jerome vs Colony and I controlled the entire map every power node, mini base, and major base. The only thing they had was their home base nothing else! For over 1 hour I sent wave after wave to destroy his base with supper units, air, ground, everything you can think off. All he was a giant spider, and anti air and killed my entire army everytime. His base was undrestructable behind all those shields, health regeneration, cloaking, and supper leader powers he has. Now lets turn the tables and let him control the whole map everything over 5 major bases every power node and mini base do you think Jerome could fend off wave after wave of attack for an hour? Probably not because I dont have sheilds and health regeneration every 5 seconds and to go along with super leader powers that can destroy everything. Lets not mention I had the closest major base next to him with every turret hitting him with artillery on my attack that did absolutely nothing . If about 3 of the leaders are played correctly they are undrestructable dont matter how many resources you have or power they cant be beat. Now before I here a bunch of crap about how you all beat Colony before and so have I, all I am saying is if the person knows how to use him correctly he is invincible. This game is BS and is no where near being balanced or fair people solely win off leaders and leader powers not strategy.
You not even knowing the name of the Scarab doesn't help the case of you not knowing how to play :/
Not only that, it's Colony. Objectively one of, or the worst leader in the game.
I can already think of 4 strategies to beat the Colony with Jerome.
You not even knowing the name of the Scarab doesn't help the case of you not knowing how to play :/
Not only that, it's Colony. Objectively one of, or the worst leader in the game.
I can already think of 4 strategies to beat the Colony with Jerome.
Colony is not one of the worst leaders in the game though, he's almost perfectly mid-tier.

You aren't wrong that Jerome should have won way before the 1 hour mark, but it isn't quite as cut and dry as you're making it out to be.

OP: If you went full pop scorpions or cyclops mastodons you would have won no contest, just FYI.
Well just because I don't know the nerdy lingo does not take away on whether I know how to play. I threw every combination at this guy all scorpions, all air, mix, super units, everything. When I was all Scorpians his glass beam destroyed everything because they are slow. When I was all air his anti air killed everything before I even got close or could take down shields. It didnt matter what you threw at this guy even with his only 1 base and not anything else such as even a power node or mini base he was able to destroy my army instantly and even push out on me. So just to reinstate my claim if I didnt know how to play how did I take control of the entire map have everything upgraded as much as possible and keep him from expanding but somehow could not destroy his 1 base? Answer = OP leaderpowers such as the glass beam among many others. It did not come down to strategy or skill it came down to leader powers and capabilities which I see in almost every match. I defeated colony plenty of times all I'm saying is certain people now how to use him better than others but he is not the only leader who is OP. I am ONYX ranked and because of the better competition little differences such as leader powers make a huge difference in winning a battles which lead to winning or losing a game. Once again this game is fixed and is not of equal play opportunity for each leader people solely win off the powers and capabilities not skill or strategy.
Well just because I don't know the nerdy lingo does not take away on whether I know how to play. I threw every combination at this guy all scorpions, all air, mix, super units, everything. When I was all Scorpians his glass beam destroyed everything because they are slow. When I was all air his anti air killed everything before I even got close or could take down shields. It didnt matter what you threw at this guy even with his only 1 base and not anything else such as even a power node or mini base he was able to destroy my army instantly and even push out on me. So just to reinstate my claim if I didnt know how to play how did I take control of the entire map have everything upgraded as much as possible and keep him from expanding but somehow could not destroy his 1 base? Answer = OP leaderpowers such as the glass beam among many others. It did not come down to strategy or skill it came down to leader powers and capabilities which I see in almost every match. I defeated colony plenty of times all I'm saying is certain people now how to use him better than others but he is not the only leader who is OP. I am ONYX ranked and because of the better competition little differences such as leader powers make a huge difference in winning a battles which lead to winning or losing a game. Once again this game is fixed and is not of equal play opportunity for each leader people solely win off the powers and capabilities not skill or strategy.
I love how everyone just assumes I dont know how to play and I dont know how to use Jerome LOL. I just played a game and I was Jerome vs Colony and I controlled the entire map every power node, mini base, and major base. The only thing they had was their home base nothing else! For over 1 hour I sent wave after wave to destroy his base with supper units, air, ground, everything you can think off. All he was a giant spider, and anti air and killed my entire army everytime. His base was undrestructable behind all those shields, health regeneration, cloaking, and supper leader powers he has. Now lets turn the tables and let him control the whole map everything over 5 major bases every power node and mini base do you think Jerome could fend off wave after wave of attack for an hour? Probably not because I dont have sheilds and health regeneration every 5 seconds and to go along with super leader powers that can destroy everything. Lets not mention I had the closest major base next to him with every turret hitting him with artillery on my attack that did absolutely nothing . If about 3 of the leaders are played correctly they are undrestructable dont matter how many resources you have or power they cant be beat. Now before I here a bunch of crap about how you all beat Colony before and so have I, all I am saying is if the person knows how to use him correctly he is invincible. This game is BS and is no where near being balanced or fair people solely win off leaders and leader powers not strategy.
Try putting 3 sensor towers and a shield on the base next to his and set up a bunch of blisterbacks. You have the range and line of sight on most maps to barrage their base while safely inside your shield. I found this to be the best way to break turtles. They can’t do anything but try to attack you at your base so make units to counter them and you are golden.
A few things on this. For one "scorpions, all air mix, and super units" ... well maybe these kinds of units arent completely useless but they arent exactly hard to stop. Ive personally never felt the least bit threatened in any game mode by these. Glassing beams are up next. Even at level 3 It can be effectively dodged by splitting your units in multiple directions (hold A for the brush tool and just start flicking chunks of your army in different directions as they retreat from the beam). If he caught you in a choke point or you just went all units then you should pratice more on splitting and picking where you fight. unsc leaders also have a healing ability or other defensive powers that can negate a lot of incoming damage (heavy metal, Spartan Morale, and mech overdrive). I will agree with you that a support powers can swing the tide of a match. But if you truely do have more skill than your opponent then you should be more than capable of juking them out. Last point to add in. Im not super awesome with UNSC, but from what I do know UNSC late game is kinda weak in the base cracking department at least when compared to banished. Although I fully admit I could be mistaken.