Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Fate of Douglas-042

OP homerduff15

Spoiler:
Show
I think he lives,I doubt they would show a cutscene of his demise before the game is even released,its a big spoiler
I think he lives,I doubt they would show a cutscene of his demise before the game is even released,its a big spoiler
Likely he'll live and just be recovering onboard the Spirit, maybe he will kill/wound Atriox at the end of the game.
The cutscene was leaked and I don't think that he will die I'm curious and if/how he will get a new set of armour.
AFAIK Spartans heal faster and are in general much quicker to recover from injuries than a normal human. Plus a dislocated shoulder isn't alot to cry about.
As for his armor I doubt he'll get a new one unless the UNSC research camp Red Team searches happen to have some surplus Spartan IV armor so it's more likely that he'll wear a set of battldedamaged Spartan II armor throughout the game.
SableVENOM wrote:
AFAIK Spartans heal faster and are in general much quicker to recover from injuries than a normal human. Plus a dislocated shoulder isn't alot to cry about.
As for his armor I doubt he'll get a new one unless the UNSC research camp Red Team searches happen to have some surplus Spartan IV armor so it's more likely that he'll wear a set of battldedamaged Spartan II armor throughout the game.
Well I don't know if his shoulder was dislocated I think it was more likely crushed. If the Spririt runs into the infinity or any other UNSC craft that escaped the guardians and cortana as Infinity was doing random jumps into slipspace at the end of halo 5 will probably have some armour lying around.
The cutscene was leaked and I don't think that he will die I'm curious and if/how he will get a new set of armour.
My theory is he'll be sidelined and replace Forge as the third UNSC commander unless they already confirmed the 3 UNSC commanders since I assume Cutter and Anders will reprise their roles and the new AI (is her name Isabelle? Can't remember) will replace Serena given she's a logistics AI and would it would make little sense for her to be a military commander unless her commander ability or bonus is a better economy.
Since Isabelle supposedly is going to have a large list of more current blueprints and materials, I feel she will somehow have blueprints for newer Spartan armor and will end up reoutfiting them with newer armor and they will either kill atriox or escape his grasp. (by some form or another)
Since Isabelle supposedly is going to have a large list of more current blueprints and materials, I feel she will somehow have blueprints for newer Spartan armor and will end up reoutfiting them with newer armor and they will either kill atriox or escape his grasp. (by some form or another)
Well seeing how common Spartan IV's are and how streamlined the requirements, treatments etc. have become it wouldn't surprise me if a UNSC logistics AI would have the blueprints for a set of spartan armor.
But then again I think Benti is onto something, they could very well turn him into the third UNSC commander (with a speciality for heavy weapons/covert ops) as Spartans do have amazing threat assesment capabilities.
SableVENOM wrote:
Well seeing how common Spartan IV's are and how streamlined the requirements, treatments etc. have become it wouldn't surprise me if a UNSC logistics AI would have the blueprints for a set of spartan armor.
But then again I think Benti is onto something, they could very well turn him into the third UNSC commander (with a speciality for heavy weapons/covert ops) as Spartans do have amazing threat assesment capabilities.
It also opens up conjecture to how long Isabelle has been down there. Considering the life of an AI we can reasonably assume she's been down there for less than 7 years which means it is completely feasible that she could have specs on the latest generations of Spartan armor, but then again she is a logistics AI would she really know how to make it or its composition? I guess it comes down to what kind of logistics AI she is.
Well since she's a UNSC logistics AI it's safe to assume that she does have military blueprints.
(Would explain the sniperdrone, miniaturized railguns for snipers and upgraded marine armor which we've seen in HW2 so far.)
We must also remember that the UNSC had a pretty large presence on the ARK. I would wager that a few Spartans were probably there with it being a high value asset to ONI.
Spoiler:
Show
We must also remember that the UNSC had a pretty large presence on the ARK. I would wager that a few Spartans were probably there with it being a high value asset to ONI.
Devs made it pretty clear that the base on The Ark was a tiny research camp. Plus, given that Spartan-IV's are generally weaker than SII's I doubt they would survive against Atriox who throws around the latter like they're toys.
Douglas going to be like Kat, that he lost an arm an get an cybernetic arm.. so later he can face off with Artiox which be who has the better cybernetic arm..lol
SableVENOM wrote:
Devs made it pretty clear that the base on The Ark was a tiny research camp. Plus, given that Spartan-IV's are generally weaker than SII's I doubt they would survive against Atriox who throws around the latter like they're toys.
Did they retcon that for Halo Wars 2? I recall at the end of Hunters in the Dark

Spoiler:
Show
I hope you realize this was from one of the very first missions in the game. All of the campaign footage and gameplay we've seen has been for very early levels.
SableVENOM wrote:
Did they retcon that for Halo Wars 2? I recall at the end of Hunters in the Dark

Spoiler:
Show

IDK dude, I'm just quoting what the devs said in the story ViDoc.