Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Favorite combat strat

OP Jinx Shad0w

What is your gameplan
Usually involves winning
If your opponent is winning, win faster.
Asking my teammates for a "click" of supply or power when I really don't need it.

But in all seriousness I feel most comfortable playing as UNSC with Hero Marines Nightingales. Once I get combat tech I kinda just mindlessly pump marines for the rest of the game, I'm not saying this is ideal but for most games it works out fine.
Quick tech and have the bad boy units out first.
I like to start out with a Kamehameha! Then clean up with a T3 Spirit Bomb!
"All units"

[2xRB]
Having 3 condors out at once.. Maybe 4 if time dont expire on one of them
-Try to flame rush
-Get cough up in fighting for generator point.
-Forget to rush just to remain control of point
-Suddenly have tons of resources
-Spam T3-Tanks
-Hope for the best
Double War Council with YapYap.
Double War Council with YapYap.
if you get 4 war councils you can get all 3 leaders and the upgrade at the same time, (6 is only for real pros so you can also get logistics and extra pop so you can get your 120 pop canon fodder asap)
if you get 4 war councils you can get all 3 leaders and the upgrade at the same time, (6 is only for real pros so you can also get logistics and extra pop so you can get your 120 pop canon fodder asap)
Another good one is the Isabel holo-decoy rush where you spam Marines then holo-decoy them and send them to the enemy's base to distract them while your real Marines get nodes. I've noticed that anyone below an IQ of 400 is unable to pull it off though. You can't just outplay the enemy. You have to outsmart them.
Hump pack brutes and wraith invadyers with pavium. limo's transport the brutes safely to the enemies base. unit group your brutes, garrison them inside, press y ability for flying wraith invadyers
Hump pack brutes and wraith invadyers with pavium. limo's transport the brutes safely to the enemies base. unit group your brutes, garrison them inside, press y ability for flying wraith invadyers
Damn it that was supposed to be a secret! Now everyone's going to be abusing flying Hump Pack Invadyers!
Minibases are your friend!