1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What's your favorite cutscene in HW2?
Spoiler:
Show
Atriox vs. Red Team, hands down.
The flood being awoken again was something I was looking forward too for a few years and was not disappointed.
Atriox arriving the Proto-gravemind battlefield. Last scene of ATN.
Captain cutter’s speech to Isabel.
In my opinion the scene where Voridus and his scavenger team encounter the flood and have a full on battle is amazing! Honorable mentions are Cutter's speech to Isabel or Red Team fighting Atriox.
BlinxESP wrote:
Yep, that scene had one of my favorite lines, "I told you, not to go inside."
Limeshake wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Same.
Limeshake wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Same.
Also same
Mine is the rather predictable Jerome vs Elites / Brutes in the Covenant carrier scene.

For once in the Halo franchise, it actually shows a Spartan living up to the awesomeness that is usually only touched upon in the books. (That Chief vs Locke scene ain't got nothin' on this!)
Definitely the Atriox vs Red Team at the beginning of the game. Sets the mood for the rest of the story and establishes Atriox as a suitable enemy.
I can’t put into words how much I love the Atriox vs Red Team cutscene.
Captain cutter’s speech to Isabel.
Atriox's Backstory vs the Covenant STRAIGHT Into Cutter's BEST SPEECH IN YEARS!

THE BEST -Yoinking!- FIGHT 343 HAS EVER had the hand in making.

They're both so good, which one am I going to pick, hahaha!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's no mystery this game had a fantastic, one of the best setups in Halo (in my opinion because I am very biased to the Halo Wars franchise) ever, and I often love it to death just for that.

It comes back to me time and time again though that it's technically a "Guilty Pleasure" as one would call it.
Over the year I've kind've rethought my statements that Halo Wars 2 had the best campaign ever, and until I realize that writing is a lot more than the beginning.
Halo Wars 2 had the best setup ever, made Atriox the villain I was waiting for, Cutter my new Hero, a new un-extinguishable love for 343's musical score when combined with nostalgia, a whole new slew of brilliantly written, acted, and executed lines, and above all the potential

For a new Master Chief and Cortana.
It's a big statement I know, but my love for these two characters, contrasted and paired equal to Jerome and Isabel sums up the reason why I love this game even though I know I shouldn't.
The set-up of Jerome and Isabel
Spoiler:
Show
Made for a wave of goosebumps I couldn't have wanted more.
That was it though, after that cutscene though, the campaign kind've rapped up too quickly, and on a cliffhanger. I listen and love those cutscenes every day and praise them where it's do whenever I get the chance.
But a fact will remain fact. If you write an essay beautifully up till the climax, and don't finish it properly, it can't be as good as it would, were everything to come together.
People compare it to Halo 2 but I haven't played the game in full sadly...

Do any of you have these feelings too?
Probably the opening ATN citamatic
"Voridus, that guy called Atriox was clear."
You just don't get lines like that any more
Gotta go with this. That hammer slam followed by a punch to a Spartan's gut is so damn powerful, definitely the best sequence I've seen in any fight in any of the Halo games.

Overall I think the cutscene where Isabel takes control of the glassing beam is much better as a whole, but that atriox red team fight is brutal.
Can't recall that line? Make sure you enable subtitles.
Can't recall that line? Make sure you enable subtitles.
I know bud, just having a laugh.
You are correct to point it out though 😉
Gotta go with this. That hammer slam followed by a punch to a Spartan's gut is so damn powerful, definitely the best sequence I've seen in any fight in any of the Halo games.

Overall I think the cutscene where Isabel takes control of the glassing beam is much better as a whole, but that atriox red team fight is brutal.
I loved the fight scene because it displayed Atriox's physical prowess, a great intro to hopefully will be a long time Halo character.

Though I agree that Isabel's cutscene was pretty great too. Visually and narratively
Limeshake wrote:
BlinxESP wrote:
Yep, that scene had one of my favorite lines, "I told you, not to go inside."
"For good reason!"
Yeah, any scene with Atriox is amazing. I am reading the comics of the Ryse of Atriox and I love the character, specially final comic with Decimus tells me a lot about Atriox personality and leadership. He is amazing. I wish him the best to defeat the humans if they get in his way.
Jerome wasting elites and brutes on board the cruiser, reminded me of how capable just one spartan can be, when we had just seen 3 of them get tossed around by a single brute a few hours ago.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2