My 3 favorite UNSC hero units in order from favorite to least favorite:
1. Jerome (I love that Hydra launcher, and the command Mantis isn't horrible) As a commander, he could have much worse abilities. The inspire mechanic is interesting, and useful. I hope it works on a teammates units. Imagine a group of inspired veteran Grizzlies.
2. Sergeant Forge (Forge-Hog is interesting, more mobile than most hero units) As a commander, Grizzlies are amazing.
3. Sergeant Johnson (In his suit, he's pretty versatile. Admittedly, he does suffer from the condition known as "Jack of all trades, master of none") As a commander, Mantises and Colossi are nice when used in concert with Mech Overcharge and EMP MAC Blast.
Now for my 3 favorite Banished hero units. Again, in order from favorite to least favorite:
1. Atriox's Chosen (That Brute Shot. That's it. Enough said)
2, The Arbiter (Arbiters Rage? Yes please.)
3. Pavium (That mortar gun is nice, especially with the target painting upgrade)