3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12
DA Cleric wrote:
The biggest problem with the patch by far is that Kinsano Hornets are going to be way out of line. Those things were already so fast, and now they're getting +2 speed. Not gonna be a fun meta.
Haven't you heard though... if you can't combat air, regardless of the myriad of buffs (active/passive) applied to them... you're just not playing the game right ;). #stirthepot

Kinsano is already a decent leader early, now she may become a powerhouse mid and late game too. Have to wait and see!
As of now, February 5th, 2018, air is inexplicably bad. That is still an empirical fact.

Once this patch hits, Kinsano air is going to be far too fast. It will be an over-buff. I would consider reverting the Hornet speed change.
Not only will Kinsano air be very fast, but Decimus air will be even harder to kill... banshees getting health buff and fury not draining life nearly as fast... he will keep those banshees alive a lot longer... I am concerned with these changes, Deci, Anders, Kinsano will rain death on all armies from above... sure they will take a little longer to kill base buildings, but they will be able to harass and kill armies like nobody's business. I am concerned but will obviously reserve developing my opinion til later.
Where are you see that they will take longer to kill base buildings? As far as I know, they are actually receiving a basic damage increase (general damage) and will thus be even MORE effective at structure sniping...
Ruzylo wrote:
The biggest problem with the patch by far is that Kinsano Hornets are going to be way out of line. Those things were already so fast, and now they're getting +2 speed. Not gonna be a fun meta.
Haven't you heard though... if you can't combat air, regardless of the myriad of buffs (active/passive) applied to them... you're just not playing the game right ;). #stirthepot

Kinsano is already a decent leader early, now she may become a powerhouse mid and late game too. Have to wait and see!
As of now, February 5th, 2018, air is inexplicably bad. That is still an empirical fact.

Once this patch hits, Kinsano air is going to be far too fast. It will be an over-buff. I would consider reverting the Hornet speed change.
Air will be fine, AA will be fine. Air has always been countered when microing aa. The biggest thing is having that AA. Knowing there gonna go air and keep pressure up to keep the air down before it gets big. If someone is going air, its not good until they have it atleast somewhat massed. Meaning in team games you can 2v1 and keep pressure on their side while cutting down whatever air comes your way early on. Someone going air is only an issue if its unchecked
But that’s exactly the problem... there shouldn’t be a single unit in the game that gets an automatic win if built up to a certain formidability... that “unchecked” army of banshees can base wipe an entire side of the map before players can even build half of what’s needed to push back. When was the last time a battalion of grizzlies or marines had the speed AND strength to base wipe an entire enemy team if they got to your side of the map and weren’t scouted?!?(?)
I have an idea of a way to buff the honor guard how about making it’s final upgrade also let it switch to a ranged weapon as the fully upgraded honor guard is the only hero without a y ability is is out classed by the majority of heroes also the majority of armies have something that can detect cloaked units
you should be using your honor guard to harass buildings like mini bases, or slicing up small bands of units here ant there. Trust me, he works wonders like this. With the mini base/bases thing, surprisingly enough his sword does quite a good chunk of damage and is great at stopping expansions
I do but compare honor guard to any other hero some or overall better like atriox’s choose while he also doesn’t have a y ability he is more useful and also if the enemy is guarding his expansion then you can’t really stop it
But an enemy can’t be everywhere at once, or afford to have his support/detect units spread thin enough to defend everywhere at once (not to mention that if you have an army made up of 1/2 weak detecting units - snipers, Wolverines, engineers, flamers, scout units, etc. - your army will be beaten by an army full of anti-Unit heavy hitters every time). I’ve played Shipmaster since the game started at competitive levels (champion rank) and I can assure you that his speed, ability to cloak, scout, and kill units without even being attacked back make his honor guard THE best leader Unit in the game. If you have too many weak detecting units in your army and all over the place, I’ll just take my honor guard back and forth from one mini-base on the far side, to your expansion on the other side, then to your main base, and to your singled out newly produced units being built way in the back all the while taking out newly made scorpions, infantry, expensive and costly advanced power reactors, base turrets, and anything else you leave undefended for more than 30 seconds at a time, and then, when you show up I’ll just leave and go to the other side... or better yet, I’ll just wait for my honor guard’s shields to come back after about 10 seconds and then just send him right back to attacking your undefended bases and troops. You can’t catch up to him to kill him because he’s too fast. And you pit any leader Unit in the GAME against an invisible Honor Guard 1on1... the cloaked Honor Guard will win EVERY. TIME. And that’s a free veterancy for winning too btw. Then there’s his two way teleport... I will frequently wait for an army to leave a main base, send my cloaked (or not... doesn’t really matter...) Honor Guard to the back of the base and drop a 2 way teleport from the back of your base to the front of my army and walk in and erase your base and then walk right back out. Or just wait for your units to come up on me and then teleport to a different one of your bases, leaving you and attacking another base simultaneously. And if you decide to push my base or if I need more time (either one) while I’m in the process of doing that, then I’ll just displace your army somewhere else away from my units and my base (if you pushed me while I was attacking your base). And about the detecting units... if you don’t protect those units and keep a smart Shipmaster from singling them out first, you’ll look down at your Unit count and realize that your opponent focus fired them all and now he’s just cloaked his entire army with shrouds, mass cloaking, or a Y-ability and now you’re getting attacked by an enemy which your Army can’t even attack back. Don’t underestimate the Shipmaster...
Ruzylo wrote:
Ruzylo wrote:
Ruzylo wrote:
Air will be fine, AA will be fine. Air has always been countered when microing aa. The biggest thing is having that AA. Knowing there gonna go air and keep pressure up to keep the air down before it gets big. If someone is going air, its not good until they have it atleast somewhat massed. Meaning in team games you can 2v1 and keep pressure on their side while cutting down whatever air comes your way early on. Someone going air is only an issue if its unchecked
Kinsano Hornets will have a speed of 33. That is indefensible.
Oh really. Indefensible. Then start going air for me :) because apparently the speed of the kinsano hornet makes it unstoppable, and instantly massed.
I might do that next patch. Putting that aside, I have no idea what you're arguing. That 33 is a reasonable speed? If so, I don't know if we'll ever find common ground.
Yea aire being fast like that is reasonable. Its a hornet not a fly.
That’s rediculous... you can’t expect a single unit to be that fast, damaging, tough, AND receive buffs for each of those on top of having free terrain movement and NOT be overpowered in a game all about who can kill the other person’s base first.
Ruzylo wrote:
Ruzylo wrote:
Ruzylo wrote:
Kinsano Hornets will have a speed of 33. That is indefensible.
Oh really. Indefensible. Then start going air for me :) because apparently the speed of the kinsano hornet makes it unstoppable, and instantly massed.
I might do that next patch. Putting that aside, I have no idea what you're arguing. That 33 is a reasonable speed? If so, I don't know if we'll ever find common ground.
Yea aire being fast like that is reasonable. Its a hornet not a fly.
That’s rediculous... you can’t expect a single unit to be that fast, damaging, tough, AND receive buffs for each of those on top of having free terrain movement and NOT be overpowered in a game all about who can kill the other person’s base first.
Thats simply not the case though. AA does its job fine, and when you use it how it should be used air gets slaughtered or atleast cant attack. Air gets shreeded by many different units and its not that hard to fight. So yea, like many units if its massed and untouched it becomes very strong. Doesnt make it unstoppable. INstead of complaining about the issue, dont let it become an issue in the first place(cut it down) or be prepared to invest into defending against it(aa turrets and aa units.)
I have an idea of a way to buff the honor guard how about making it’s final upgrade also let it switch to a ranged weapon as the fully upgraded honor guard is the only hero without a y ability is is out classed by the majority of heroes also the majority of armies have something that can detect cloaked units
you should be using your honor guard to harass buildings like mini bases, or slicing up small bands of units here ant there. Trust me, he works wonders like this. With the mini base/bases thing, surprisingly enough his sword does quite a good chunk of damage and is great at stopping expansions
I do but compare honor guard to any other hero some or overall better like atriox’s choose while he also doesn’t have a y ability he is more useful and also if the enemy is guarding his expansion then you can’t really stop it
But an enemy can’t be everywhere at once,..... Don’t underestimate the Shipmaster...
Word my friend. Shippy is a god if played right
But an enemy can’t be everywhere at once,..... Don’t underestimate the Shipmaster...
Word my friend. Shippy is a god if played right
But I played a Shipmaster main in a Tournament the other day and took on 120 pop Banshees with 4 Reavers and a Scarab lol
DA Cleric wrote:

Not only will Kinsano air be very fast, but Decimus air will be even harder to kill... banshees getting health buff and fury not draining life nearly as fast... he will keep those banshees alive a lot longer... I am concerned with these changes, Deci, Anders, Kinsano will rain death on all armies from above... sure they will take a little longer to kill base buildings, but they will be able to harass and kill armies like nobody's business. I am concerned but will obviously reserve developing my opinion til later.
Where are you see that they will take longer to kill base buildings? As far as I know, they are actually receiving a basic damage increase (general damage) and will thus be even MORE effective at structure sniping...
Only Hornets are receiving a 5% Base DPS Buff.
Banshees are not.
DA Cleric wrote:

Hmm... I thought somewhere I heard they were making them more effective at killing units, but less effective at sniping bases... I was wrong. So air is getting an overall buff it appears (making it cheaper and slight bump to health). Hornets get a damage increase. So yes, Kinsano, Decimus, and likely Anders will dominate vehicle armies and still be able to snipe units. Did I dream up the damage to building modifier decrease?
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:

Hmm... I thought somewhere I heard they were making them more effective at killing units, but less effective at sniping bases... I was wrong. So air is getting an overall buff it appears (making it cheaper and slight bump to health). Hornets get a damage increase. So yes, Kinsano, Decimus, and likely Anders will dominate vehicle armies and still be able to snipe units. Did I dream up the damage to building modifier decrease?
You dreamed it up, but don't worry, I did too lol
Lets just wait a week or 2 after the patch drops before we call anything over powered or under powered, and while we're on the topic of Shipmaster please give him some more buffs make banished raid 2 leader points.... mic drop.... If we buff him to much he ll be god again on the battle field and we don't want that. Well I kinda secretly do but I'll be fair about things and won't ask to revert his displacement changes that was a bit much hehe

Also I just want to say that I appreciate you guys still patching and balancing the game and can't wait to try out the new meta.

Lastly will we ever be getting any more new maps? I think some new map can put some new life into the game, we're at the point where we have a diverse cast of leaders to pick from and for the most part they are all decently balanced.
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:

You dreamed it up, but don't worry, I did too lol
It was probably in Postums' thread where we were kicking around ideas. I know I saw it somewhere, but it doesn't sound like it is in this next patch. I am a little nervous about the changes to air, but we shall see. Hopefully air will not be that dominant and it will be relatively in balance with the ability to still fend off air. I know currently air is underwhelming (outside of mainly Decimus) but the thing that makes Decimus air so strong is not being touched, and his Banshees are getting some added love. Hopefully, my fears are unsubstantiated.
I feel as tho the UNSC leaders are weak. against the banished. the banished leader power like colony. leader powers kill this game big time! they are overpowered and abused!! they need to have a high increase time of when they can be used. their current times is not enough or a very high cost. can't really enjoy the game due to the leader powers killing your whole army in one shot. but the scatter bomb and etc are super weak on a whole army. give the UNSC leaders some love if you dont wanna change the banished leader powers atleast make the scatter bomb and others leader powers powerful as well. or can we have a section for rank matches without leader powers? some of the map designs dont make sense. especially the ones with teleports on them. i would love to have more maps with out teleports. large maps at that. I have a saying in this game Rush or die. everybody rushes within the first 5 mins of the game with any character and if their rush don't work they disconnect. can't enjoy the game. building Turrets need to do more damage period. they only good for rushes. nothing else.
  • Voridus (DLC)
  • Pavium (DLC)
    • Decimus
    • Atriox
    • Shipmaster
    • Colony (DLC)
I have played halo wars 2 for over 400 hours and i love the game. but it is very unbalance and ppl abuse the leader powers way to much.
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:

No, it was originally going to be the case, but the time to kill was too low on buildings. So the reduction was removed.
Postums wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:

No, it was originally going to be the case, but the time to kill was too low on buildings. So the reduction was removed.
Decimus banshees can currently drop the shields of a T3 fortification base with 4 shield gens in 11 seconds, just sayin' the building damage Air does is a bit too strong
Shield da
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:

Decimus banshees can currently drop the shields of a T3 fortification base with 4 shield gens in 11 seconds, just sayin' the building damage Air does is a bit too strong
Shield damage is not the same as building damage.
Postums wrote:
Shield da
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:

That may be true , but I would suggest you should may over think he building dmg buff. The problem of air in the old seasons was, that air could easily wipe a fortification 3 base lategame in seconds if u are out of position even once . Furthermore it's extreme agile and can easily dodge leaderpowers. Even when having 4 anti air turrets and some wolves at your base or bases air could focus fire it and escape with a few losses.

While I agree making air more viable I and many other persons are afraid, that a speed buff and base dmg increase may be to much. Air needs a buff, but a buff where it is needed, and thats certainly not base dmg.Like suggsted in many other forums you should increase core airs dmg against vehicle. So they can fight a hog army for example head on without taking critical losses.

I will say it again, I m not a top class player, and I can only give my concerns and concerns which I frequently read in the forum, but I beg you don't give us a new meta where all player can mass core air avoid enemy armys, dodge leaderpowers and snipe bases in seconds..
Postums wrote:
Shield da
nuchey wrote:
Postums wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:
DA Cleric wrote:

Well then maybe you should change the shield damage Lol
I play kinsano alot and i notice that its a lot harder to gain veterancy for her than other heros. Can that please change.
Why are tanks getting a damage reduction vs other tanks by 13%?
Also tanks damage to scouts is being increased by 30%. why is that? scouts have no health and they aren't going to be on the field when tanks are out. if anything tanks should get a 30% damage buff vs AA.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 12